2013 Focus ST

2013 Ford Focus ST

2013 Ford Focus ST

Have you driven the 2013 Ford Focus ST?

2013 Focus ST - Silver

by Maverick from Columbia, MD on Mon Mar 04 2013

Ok. Picked out this car a month ago. It's sn ST3 version, with the leather Recaros, xenon lights, etc. I had a 2007 Honda Civic SI Sedan before this. NO COMPARISON. This car is amazing. Low end grunt until the turbo rips. Corners flat, stable and you can actually play with the back slide oversteer. The build quality at a little over 1000 miles appears to be excellent. I am so impressed with this piece of Ford engineering I could not begin to highlight all of the good things. If you think you are looking for the ulrimate commuter/long haul economical starship, look no further. I LOVE THIS CAR. PERIOD.

fun to drive

by None from san diego ca on Tue Dec 04 2012

the focus st is a fun car to drive. I was impressed by its acceleration and the tightness of the steering and suspension. I like th evoice operated Synch system that allows me to play music and dial the phone through voice comands. No other car in its price range (21-23K) can match the prefromance of the ST. I tlooks pretty sharp too.

2013 FORD FOCUS ST, White

by Happy in Santa Fe from SANTA FE, NM on Sun Jan 06 2013

Sorry up front....I have never, ever attempted or wanted to share my reviews...this time is different...please, let me try to convey what happened...I was casually looking for a used Mini,online...what I found is nothing less than incredible...during the course of my work...I retro-fit companies who want/need to SAVE money AND through the use of energy efficient Induction & or LED lamps we achieve this for them...that being said I found myself at a local FORD dealership, here in NM. I was waiting to submit a substantial ROI to the management and low and behold there it is...a performance based, European platformed, tried& trued, FORD FOCUS ST. The short search had ended even b4 it began...after my successful presesentation, a test drive was immediately had and I bought a 2013 FORD FOCUS ST the very next day. 1200 miles later and after the holidays, I am still all smiles...thanks FORD for a 'better idea'. Standard trans with a hill 'engagement' feature that is really cool...it is set-up so that there is a delay in rolling backwards as you engage the clutch easily moving upward and forward on the incline....I am NOT a tech kinda of person but FORD'S tech stuff is easy to adapt to and use...blue tooth, done..SAT RADIO...DONE Maps, done MPGs 25/city..36 Highway...FWD nice even in snow...HANDLING..tight...acceleration, HOT and positive...voice commands,easy and definately not cumbersome...Ricaro buckets a must...extragauges on dash a must have..angled slightly for easy, safe viewing...what else can I say...looking forward to 350hp, fuel efficient AWD FORD FOCUS SRR(or similar badging) in 2 or 3 years...thanx for listening.. HAPPY IN SANTA FE

Satisfied owner

by Satisfied owner from Texas on Sun May 27 2012

I drive over 70 miles daily, my focus makes the drive comfortable and fun. Gets great gas mileage and is fun!

Never had more problems

by jbird0821 from Raleigh, NC on Fri Jun 30 2017

Have had issues with this car's transmission and clutch since the day it was purchased. The seats are not comfortable on long rides. Gas mileage is around 31mpg, only plus.

Does not recommend this car!!

ST3: Great fundamentals with minor drawbacks

by Alex I. from NJ on Thu May 04 2017

Excellent core qualities: handling is superb: very neutral in turns (until you step on it mid-turn and it torque steers a little), practically no body roll at high speed turns - simply amazing, strong enough acceleration, great and quick steering, fantastic manual transmission. The reason I chose it over a GTI is b/c ST feels more raw, less refined and that's what I wanted. For example, transmission: the shifter lets you know that you just went into the gate with a great feedback in your hand instead of feeling like smooth butter as is the case with the GTI and ST's shifter's crackling/metallic sound (1st to 2nd to 3rd) when windows are down makes me feel like race car driver and turns enthusiasts' heads on the parking lot. GTI is just too civilized, too quite, too smooth for my taste. The build quality in the GTI is much better, however. ST3's Sony system is weak (25W RMS/speaker and a paper cone 8" sub are laughable) but manages to turn door panels into loud rattle snakes... b/c the panels suck. ST's ceiling rattles too, very annoying. That wouldn't happen in the GTI. Although ST's sound isolation from outside noise is surprisingly good and cargo space is generous. Recaro seats are confining even for a 160-lb weight person. ST's turn radius is tractor-trailer-like and gas tank small. I can live with all of the aforementioned drawbacks except the poor "premium" sound system and speaker induced door/ceiling rattles...both make me cringe. Dealer couldn't do a thing. The overall driving experience for the money is pretty much impossible to beat for someone who values handling/speed/utility/style/practicality/raw-qualities over luxury/comfort.

Value for money. Multipurpose car

by JaQuEN from Detroit on Wed May 03 2017

Awesome performance. Seats fold all the way so can be used even for transporting big stuff (IKEA, Bicycle etc)

Good car

by Just4sako just4sosi on Mon Sep 18 2017

RUNS AND DRIVES LIKE NEW COOL A/C AUTOMATIC PW WINDOW PW LOCK EXT/ WHITE INT/BLACK LEATHER VOICE COMMAND TAG GOOD FEB2018

Awesome cat

by Scottyp_a from Sumter south Carolina on Thu Mar 29 2018

It is a very fun sporty little car it has decent power a nice sound system superb handling it's definetly worth a purchase I love it

Best car I?ve ever owned

by KevinFocusST from California on Thu Aug 09 2018

I have owned Acura?s, Honda?s, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Infinity, Lexus, But I must admit it Ford really meet all my needs with the 2013 Ford Focus. For example gas saver, comfortable, and fast is what I always looked for in a car. If you are thinking of buying a Focus ST, BUY THE FOCUS ST. If you are like me have a full time job and goes to college. Consider buying a used one owner Focus ST with low miles. Honestly I love my Focus ST so does my family and friends. The Focus ST is worth your money trust me and all the other reviews.

Our Take on the 2013 Ford Focus ST

The Ford Focus didn't get much love in our $20,000 Compact Car comparison, where the Focus sedan brought up the rear of a five-car field. The Focus' amazing handling dynamics weren't enough to make us look past its small interior, poky acceleration and confusing controls for simple features. While the small size and confusing features remain, the performance-injected Focus ST hatchback with a 252-horsepower, turbocharged four-cylinder expands on the Focus' best handling attributes. As a testament to its performance intentions, the ST only comes with a six-speed manual transmission.

The 2013 Ford Focus ST is a well-thought-out, refined performance machine that manages to remain civil when needed &mdash... Read More