2006 Ford Freestar

SWEEET

by from Maryland on August 16, 2007

we wanted a big car but not a gas guzling SUV so we looked at the minivans and got to feel them and wow this van is soo comfortable and trust worthy and im glad the interiior can take a kick because my kids wont stay still. we really like the van with the bench becuase we have kids but also we sleep on car trips, but the thing we like most of all is the giant cabin and passenger spacethe gas millage isnt bad either we usually get around 25and in the city about 20 though this van is so nice that when we came to our cousins house the saw it and wanted to buy one for them self but this van is the best most comfortable car youll ever drive

Ford Quality is Job 1

by from Seattle, WA on April 12, 2011

We purchased our 2006 Ford Freestar used with 60,000 miles after having driven our Ford Windstar with 170,000 miles and trading in for something with less miles. Again, we were absolutely (and have been) impressed with the Ford Mini Van Line. The Vehicle is a MUST have for large families. So many great things could be said about this vehicle the list would exhaustive!

very reliable

by from huntingdon, tn on October 12, 2010

have almost 90,000 miles on my van and only problem has been with brakes. Have had rotors turned twice. Vehicle handles great. Averages about 20 mpg. Would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Best campingcar and most reliable

by from colorado on August 16, 2007

we bought the base modle SE and we liked it all we needed was a car that had lots of room in it to sleep and such and wasnt expensive but really reliable. we did the fold and tumble thing with the 2 row seats and folded the 3 row into the floor and put a blanket down and every one had a good night sleep but we were just happy the van is tough and reliable becuase the moutain roads arnt forgiving. This van is one of the best if not the best its deffenitly more reliable then chrysler and alot more comfortable

Another reliable Ford

by from Oklahoma City, OK on March 21, 2008

A great minivan! I wanted to get a pickup truck for hauling, but my wife didn't like that idea, so we compromised and decided on a minivan so we could also use it for trips. We checked out Chryslers, Hondas, and Fords, and decided on a Ford Freestar because of our good experience with previous Ford vehicles. I was too late getting a new one, so we found a used 06 Freestar SE that had the right options and a great price. So far, after about 21,000 miles, with about 54,000 total miles on the van, we have had zero problems and lots of fun. It is surprisingly comfortable and quiet on both city and highway roads and gets decent gas mileage. Seats are great, with plenty of comfort for both arms. Driving position is perfect for both of us. The only thing I didn't like about the interior is all the hard plastics that are used throughout the cabin. At least it looks OK and is easy to clean. I like the deep well in the rear. It's almost like a trunk. Great for groceries and other stuff. The middle row of bucket seats are very easy to fold out of the way, and is also easy to remove. I like the four options the third row seat provides. Plenty of power points and cupholders, too. The power from the 3.9L V6 engine could be better, but for a minivan, it's pretty good and will decently accelerate up to speed. The handling is surprisingly good for a tall minivan, and braking is top notch. Compared with other minivans, the Freestar is much better overall. We definitely recommend it!

Best Minivan I've Had

by from Raleigh, NC on December 20, 2007

I use this 2006 Freestar for my work van. Have put 54,000 mostly highway miles on it in 2 years and have had not one problem. I love the handling on the highway and the highway gas mileage is not too bad, about 22-23 mpg with the 4.2L engine. Plenty of space in this full size minivan for hauling all of my equipment. Driver seat is very comfortable for long trips and the driver visibility is superb. I like the turn signal lighting and the LED indicators in the side mirrors. The automatic dimming of the rear view mirror at night is a nice feature. My Freestar blows away the two Honda Odysseys (2000 and 2003) we've had for the family. We finally gave up on the family Odyssey and replaced it with a Ford Escape. I can't believe Ford has dropped the Freestar from it's line. Anyone can get a lemon, but I highly recommend this minivan if you need one, you just can't have mine.

Piece of Junk

by from Boston, MA on October 12, 2006

I bought the minivan thinking that I wouldn't have worry about repairs. Was I ever wrong. It is now going back to the dealer for the fourth repair - all in 22,000 miles. If this is any indication of quality I won't be driving this vehicle too much longer - nor will I be buying another Ford.

Rolo Tomassi

by from Cleveland, OK on January 31, 2010

good van, needs power drivers seat and power sliders, good dependable van, good gas mileage of 20-23

Suberb Van

by from Alabama on August 15, 2007

this van is way better then any honda or odyssey I've ever driven This van is awesome! power,space,and better it keeps the kids quiet on long trips with the DVD system and we didnt get the power doors because were always scared they will oper so we just get the regular doors. But overall this van is the best out there

Good Van

by from Childress, Texas on July 24, 2007

Over all the van is remarkable, just wish Ford would do something with the interiers of their products they all look cheap on the inside

Similar Models