2006 Fusion

2006 Ford Fusion

2006 Ford Fusion

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford Fusion?

This car is a BEAST !!!!

by tristan from Washington, DC on Thu May 17 2012

First off, let me start by saying I'm in sales, so I drive a lot. I'm very hard on my cars, and few hold up. This Ford has been amazing! I bought it with 65,000 miles on it and put another 45,000 on it over the next year. I have had zero problems! Not one. This is the only car I've owned that I can say that. Love it! Great job Ford!

Great Car - Love it!!

by Bob from Sewell nj from Sewell,NJ on Wed Dec 09 2009

Bought this car in Aug. '09, and I absolutely love the way it handles. It is a 3 year old off lease vehicle with less than 36,000 miles. I made sure to check car fax and purchased an extended warranty for peace of mind. The Fusion is also a sharp looking car. We just came back from a 7 hour return road trip from Boston and it was very comfortable. The seats gave great support and made the long drive pleasurable. I have had the car 5 months so far and only paid for routine maintenance. I would recommend this car and would definitely buy another Fusion. The 2010 hybrid model will be my next used car, but I will wait a few years to see if receives a high rating and positive reviews.

Great Car - Stylish and roomy

by Fordfusiongirl from Marlboro, OH on Thu Oct 11 2007

I bought this car April of 2006. After 18 months of ownership and 40000 miles, I still love to drive my car. I do wish they would have offered the 6 cyl with the manual transmission, but the 4 cyl seems to do fine. The gas mileage is great too. I ave ownered rangers. f-150's taurus, windstars and thunderbirds, and the Fusion is by far my favorite. It is fun to drive, and until recently I haven't seen to many on the road. I left the lot, with a 5 year, 100000 mile warranty, taxes, title, liscense, and $0 for under $18000.

Life Saver, Literally!

by Missing My Fusion from Akron, OH on Sat Sep 03 2011

I was just in a car crash today, in my month old Ford Fusion. I wasn't paying enough attention and wasn't able to completely see the road which I made the awful mistake of pulling out onto. I was t-boned by another car doing 45mph. If it wasn't for my wonderful, amazing car that could just handle it, I may not be here right now.

extremely reliable

by Blue from Marshall , Texas on Mon Nov 14 2011

I have driven this car nearly 86,000 miles and still no factory recalls and i only had to put a new battery and that was at like 56,000 so far I belive Ford has steped up to the plate and hit a HOME RUN big time. I have had a minor issue on the ac, but it was fixed some relay switch . I do see Fusions all over the place now. If you looking for a dependable vehicle, try a fusion.

Would buy another

by Guido from Portland, Oregon on Wed Aug 01 2007

I have owned my 2006 Fusion SEL V6 since May of 2006. The color is silver frost and it is loaded with every option available for that year. I have about 17,500 trouble free miles and average 24.9 MPG per the computer. The car handles great, ride is smooth and quiet. Interior is of excellent quality fit/finish. I have no squeaks or rattles. The only item that takes some getting used to is the rear window being smaller. It would help if Ford moved the third brake light to the trunk lid. Lots of room inside and very surprising when you drop the back seats. Styling stands out in the crowd. The car deserves a look and a test drive.

great commuter

by Zuzu's dad from Seacoast NH on Wed Mar 31 2010

Lots of room for up to five people, easy in and out for my elderly parents. Great highway cruiser, does a steady 75mph at 2500 rpm with four cylinder mileage, 28 mpg combined.

Just an overwhelimng "ride"

by Danavan from Boston on Thu Oct 26 2006

I have sold cars, owned over 25, traveled the world..and never found a vehicle I liked as much as my new Fusion. Just superb and everything I could ask for in a new car. I cannot believe more people don't realize what a great car this is and I hope they sell millions.

Great mid size

by FCB from Erie, Pa. on Sat Jul 20 2013

We have a 6 cyl. Fusion. Fuel mileage is 23 city and 29 highway. We replaced a Toyota Camry with this and I tell you the fusion is a much better car. Had lots of problems with Camry, no problems with this Fusion. We are 2nd owner and have 102,000 miles on it. Had 57,000 at purchase. Our 6cyl. Malibu we had before we bought the Camry got 2 - 3 MPG better than this Ford (my daughter has the Malibu -176.000 on it). Our next car will be either a Fusion or a Malibu. Both great cars. Will not ever buy another Toyota, why when the American car are as good or better.

Best product for your $$$$

by Missy from Dickson, TN on Thu Dec 07 2006

This is the best car I have ever owned!! The comfort, handeling, power..... I am extreamly pleased with the overall performance of my Fusion. However there is one complaint... I am a very short person 5"1 and even with the adjustable height seat I cannot clearly see over the rear brake light.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2006 Ford Fusion

The Ford Fusion arguably is Ford Motor Co.'s most important vehicle introduction in a decade — maybe more. The recently re-engineered and restyled F-150, despite tough competition from a growing number of competitors, had never lost its place as the best-selling pickup truck, 26 years running.

Conversely, the Ford Taurus midsize sedan, for which 2006 is the last year, was allowed to wither as Ford concentrated on hot, high-profit light-truck models. The Toyota Camry and Honda Accord took over and have been trading off the best-seller title for about 12 years. Now, Ford's cash cows are in trouble because consumers can't afford the feed. Americans are abandoning truck-based sport... Read More