2011 Fusion

2011 Ford Fusion

2011 Ford Fusion

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford Fusion?

Born under a bad sign...

by Former Ford lover from Vancouver, Canada on Tue Jul 23 2013

This is my fourth Ford vehicle in 10 years. I loved my Mustang that I traded in in Sept 2011 except in the winter. Decided to get something more practical for Canadian winters. We have had nothing but problems with our 2011 Fusion SEL since we got it. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty because this is what we've had to replace on it so far: 1. transmission (at 3600 kms!!) 2. alternator 3. battery 4. alternator relay 5. throttle body All in less than 2 years!! Its a super comfy car to drive and I would love it to bits if it wasn't in the shop every other month! Oh and we've also had to replace 3 of the 4 doors due to accidents, not the car's fault but symptomatic of this car being born under a bad sign...built on a Monday...or something...

Great and Efficient Vehicle

by First Time Ford Owner from Long Island, New York on Mon Jan 19 2015

I am really glad I purchased my Ford Fusion. I am in love with the features that come with the car. The SYNC feature is great, I am able to continue my conversation that I was having before entering the car. I love that it plays my pandora once I enter the vehicle and picks up after a call ends. The lumbar support in the Driver's seat is great. James was so right when he said I would love everything about this car. He was determined to find me something that would fit me and my lifestyle, and that he did. I am extremely happy with my new car!!

I have put more money in this car than I ever.not

by Helen Hunter from Soddy Daisy Tennessee on Mon Jun 25 2018

I can't believe I sold my Honda accord for this. I spent less money on my 2005. It has problems with tail lights blowing sets are really hard to clean bad motor mounts already. Drove my Honda and still has the same motor mounts and it ha d almost 4090000 miles on it. I only put brakes on my Honda 4 times and bought it brand new in 2005. Never had it in the shop as much as this one and Ford has lot less miles. I am so thankful I didn't buy this car. It was a gift from my ex. I think he gave it to me for a joke. If I had the money I would trade it in for another Honda. I don't think Honda people would like me.

mpg

by kathy from Texas on Tue Oct 13 2015

I see all the reviews getting 27+ mpg. I have never got over 29 mpg when I first purchased it new in 2011. I am averaging 24-25 mpg in city or hwy. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to get better fuel mileage?

Fusion11SEL

by Oldbutactive from SF Bay Area on Sun Aug 07 2011

Comfortable, solid car with good viability. Fun to drive and has good safety features. Dislikes: hood bar instead of spring to keep hood raised; turn signal seems high; sharp ignition key does not retract; complicated instrument panel. All minor dislikes.

Nice car

by madhater52 from Gardner, MA on Sun Mar 09 2014

We found this car on cars . com with a very reasonable price. Very happy with the car and the service we got from Hillsboro Ford. We would recommend this dealer and cars.com

great purchase

by Lover of a smooth ride from Shenandoah, PA on Mon Oct 28 2013

We have dealt with Sands Ford in the past and are very happy with the service they provide. Mr. Kenneth Koscil knew what we were looking for and let us know when a vehicle came in that he thought we might be interested in. As usual, he was right on target. The car drives like a dream and model gives both protection and good mileage. The amount of miles left for the gas amount is an excellent feature in these days of watching for good gas prices. We are very hqppy with the Ford Fusion.

disappointing

by former ford fan from rochester n.y. on Tue Jan 10 2012

wow,been bake to the dealer 5 times in 4800 miles for tranny problems,the 4 cyl is a dog,poor acceleration,mileage is not as advertised,interior is ok,rides nice,handles ok,steering wheel doesnt return to center after turn,also drove a sonata,chose the Ford,at that time i was a ford fan,big mistake,will be getting rid of in the next 6 months or so had enough.

Huge dissappointment

by Want it all for less $ from Atlanta, GA on Tue Feb 22 2011

I was determined to give American cars a chance this time. I was very excited to see and hear such good things about ford cars, particularly the fusion. I drove 10 different midsized sedans "fully loaded" top of the line models. To my shock, this Ford was lower than most. Now, if you don't compare it to what is out there, it may seem a good car and price. But once you compare it to the others, not even close. Ride was not as smooth, acceleration was sluggish and not as responsive. Inside materials are still subpar. After all the years of cheap plastic i'd had hoped that was gone! It was also the highest price! Why can we not make a car better than Asian companies! This was however better than the german rides for the price. The top cars in my opinion shocked me. They were the Sonata Turbo and Kia SX. Better than the Camry, Accord, altima and Mazda 6. Those were all nice but I could not believe after looking at all these, the Korean cars were the best. Not just by a little either. Almost every aspect you could judge a car from. Only the 6 had better interior design but I didn't like the outside. I'd even choose these over a comprable sized infinity or lexus if they were the same price if you took out resale value. they are just better cars. Better gas mileage, features, warranty. With that said, Ford has come a long way, just hasn't arrived yet. It is promising for the future though if this year over year improvement continues.

Excellent first car purchase

by Shay18 from Fond du lac, WI on Sun Oct 15 2017

This vehicle rides so smooth and quiet. The interior is perfect, I love the “all black” look. It’s so easy to drive and I’m so happy with purchasing a Ford Fusion.

Our Take on the 2011 Ford Fusion

Editor's note: This review was written in January 2009 about the 2010 Ford Fusion. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

When it debuted in 2005, the Ford Fusion had the heavy task of replacing the once-dominating Taurus. It certainly found its niche in the segment, even if it fell short compared to competition from Honda and Toyota. The second-generation Fusion arrives this spring and, thanks to a number of significant changes and a few cosmetic ones, the 2010 version will be a major competitor in the midsize segment.

Forget the bold new grille — which is even bigger and... Read More