2013 Fusion

2013 Ford Fusion

2013 Ford Fusion

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2013 Ford Fusion?

Excellent Value

by keefer from on Wed Mar 12 2014

This is definitely one of the best cars for the money I have ever driven in my life. We drove several luxury sedans back to back with the Fusion Titanium and my wife and I both agreed that we would rather spend our time on a road trip or a commute in the Fusion than any of the German brands we tried. The motor is decent and the mileage is okay but the exterior and interior styling are absolutely stunning. We purchased an all wheel drive Fusion for performance in the summer and the snow and have been very impressed with both traction and handling. I can't say enough good things about the comfort, convenience, and technology that gets wrapped up in this reasonably priced package. All my friends think that this car looks and feels awesome and they love that it rides like a luxury sedan. It's about time that a domestic automaker came out with something that is both incredibly beautiful and reasonably priced. Highly, highly recommended.

2013 Fusion SE

by Toomuch from Los Angeles on Thu Mar 28 2013

I bought this car new and I'm pretty glad I did, it is the SE version with the technology package, other than loud engine noise I am very happy with the way it handles and drives, steering with the new electric steering is an absolute pleasure, the car with its traction control feels almost like it's on rails, my only bug with this car is the engine noise, however the premium sound system is plenty to drown it out, conclusion, the 2013 fusion is a fun car to drive, feels great being able to take curves on freeways at your current speed whilst everyone else is slowing down, however if you are looking for a quiet ride look elsewhere, handling is almost like a sports car come family sedan, well done ford, oh and by the way, the ford sync touch system sucks, in the few weeks I owned the car everything has gone dead twice, no radio, no GPS, no air conditioning, nothing, you have to stop the car, shut it off and reboot the sync system, then it says performing maintenance and eventually comes back up

Had some initial problems but still love the car

by markw from Raleigh, NC on Mon Apr 07 2014

I bought my new 2013 Ford Fusion SE with the 1.6L Echoboost engine in late Nov. 2013. I currently have 5K miles on it. I drove almost every mid-size car in the segment, Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Kia, Hyundai, etc.. It was the best driving of all of them. I would have preferred the 2.0 Echoboost but the 1.6 is adequate and cheaper. Soon after delivery, the rear backup sensors were throwing out an error. The dealer fixed it after parts were ordered. Then the check engine light came on and they replaced a sensor. A few weeks later at 3.6k miles, the check engine light came on again and it was determined the head gasket or the block was leaking. They replaced the engine with a brand new one,not a rebuild, and gave me a 75K/5Yr premium warranty. Since then the car has been running great. I love the way it drives and the MPG is very good. I average 34MPG on the highway doing 70MPH and 25MPG city. This is a little better than the Pontiac Vibe I traded in. It is twice the car and the ride is so much better. The car is very quiet at highway speeds. I had to turn off the speed sensing volume on my TomTom GPS because it would be to loud when on the highway. The car has My Ford Touch which I actually like. The only issue I have is that it does not handle text messages from my Android phone. It handles calls just fine. I really like the back up camera, back up sensors, blind spot sensors, and the lane departure warning system. I did not think I would care about them until I drove my wife's car which does not have those features. From what I can tell, the engine issue I had was an anomaly. As long as the car keeps running as well as it has, I will keep it and not invoke the lemon law. I hope I can get many trouble free years out of the car.

Outstanding

by Fusion Fan from North Carolina on Tue Apr 02 2013

I just purchased the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I picked the car up in Toledo, Ohio and immediately left for Knoxville, Tennessee. The trip was 450 miles. I drove between 65 and 70 the whole trip. I used cruise control whenever I could and did not hesitate to use the gas pedal when I needed. On this initial trip, I used a little more than 9 ? gallons of gas for a little over 45 MPG. The next day, I traveled from Knoxville to my home in North Carolina. This trip was about half highway and half two lane mountain roads. On this trip, I got an average of 44.5 MPG. This Ford Fusion Hybrid EPA mileage is achievable. I have not altered my driving patterns and I tend to have a heavy foot. Before purchasing this car, I had search for about 2 months and drove many different models from many different car manufacturer. This is by far the best driving car for the money. Very smooth and comfortable. Road noise is minimal. Base model comes with several nice features. And now with the mileage I am getting, I could not be more pleased.

2013 Fusion

by slhelper from Wichita, KS on Fri Jul 31 2015

I bought the car new and have driven it about 2.5 years. There have been a couple recalls which have been repaired at no cost. Recently had the driver-side, rear window motor replaced, under warranty, because it was the window was sticking. I track mileage and the average is 27 mpg. High is 30 mpg. It has good acceleration and handling. I have the basic version, but stuff like A/C, cruise, pwr locks, pwr windows are standard features. Also has Sync which links via bluetooth my phone to the car to make calls. Main complaints are interior ergonomics. There is no tactile feel for the cruise buttons on steering wheel or on HVAC buttons in console. This means you have to take your eyes off the road. Specifically the HVAC buttons, there is a group of buttons with no tactile feel points, and in summer the buttons are ok, but with gloves on in winter, hitting the correct button is tricky.

Terrific Car, Good Looks, Good Performance

by Traneengineer from Lincoln, CA on Wed Aug 20 2014

I bought the car after my wife crashed our Caravan (the 5th we had had), and expected her to love it. She does, but actually prefers to drive the Explorer Sport, as it feels more like the Caravan. So I inherited the Fusion. It's a base model, 2.5 L, but lacks nothing. Great looking red metallic finish, good styling. The first car I have ever owned that people volunteer to me that it looks good. A sensitive radio with CD player and Aux inputs, and buttons and knobs (rather than a hellish touch screen) for controls for climate and entertainment. Bluetooth phone connection is WONDERFUL. I get over 35 MPG on long freeway drives, and 29 between my office and home, and around town. Never a tankful with less than 26 mpg. Comfort is excellent for 4, probably tight for 5. Interior noise is superb, almost as quite as my boss' Jag. Only a little wind noise when it's blowy outside. The Bad? With 20,000 miles some lights came on, so the dealer replaced the RCM (Restraint Control Module). Period. That's it. The dealer gave me a free rental for the time the Fusion was in their shop; I have no complaints. Caveat: I don?t push very hard. My cars and trucks always last a long time, as do my tires, transmissions, engines, shocks, springs, drive shafts, U-joints, brakes and just about everything. Gentle (don?t confuse that with slow) acceleration, braking, and cornering have a lot to do with that. I drive 75 on the freeway (80 on I5), and don?t enjoy last-minute lane change diving. I don?t baby anything (I live on a farm, on a dirt road) but do take good care.

2013 Fusion Titanium

by pb1495 from Sheboygan, WI on Fri Mar 08 2013

Just picked up our new 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium, I4 engine, 6-speed transmission, nearly every available bell and whistle. It's too early to comment on reliability (shame that it's required) but the car's most definitely fun to drive, is good looking, and very comfortable on our first big road trip. We checked out 30 different 2013 makes and models at the Milwaukee car show and settled on the Fusion, the Lincoln MKZ, and a Subaru Outback -- our criteria was interior room (I', 6'-2" tall.) The Subaru was a distant number 3 choice, and it appears that the new MKZs are built of unobtanium, I couldn't locate one to test. Frankly, for our money, I'm very happy with the Fusion. Check out Brantmeier Ford in Sheboygan and ask for Rob. We were treated well at this dealer and by this sales consultant.

Love my Fusion

by M.J from Senoia, Ga on Sun Jan 06 2013

I bought my Fusion 2013 brand new. It has very good gas mileage, and good speed in the highway. I feel like I am in a real sports car. I am still learning to use my Sync devises, and is pretty nice to know I can connect it with my IPhone, I'm even able to listen to music from YouTube. I love my black Fusion and recommend it to everybody.

Love or Titanium AWD

by TOM&TERRI from Cleveland OH on Fri Mar 29 2013

Everything about this purchase was great. 2nd car from John Lance Ford and Barb Johnson. The car exceeds expectations. 2.0T ecoboost motor is refined and powerful and the AWD provides tenacious grip in any weather condition. The car is quiet and comfortable with a ride that is more refined than you would expect in a car this quick and sporty. I looked at/drove the C class and the BMW 3 and 5 ...buy the Fusion Titanium AWD and use the $15 to $20 K you saved for road trips.

Cheaply Made and Uncomfortable

by BarryCodyHoward from Pawleys Island, SC on Sun Nov 02 2014

I bought my 2013 Ford Fusion in order to save a little money on gas. While the gas mileage is great, the ride is horrible. I'm only '5,10" and every time I get into the car I hit my head on the top of the door frame. The front seats are extremely low, making it difficult to sit down and also to see over the front hood (I have hit many curves because I can't see over the hood). Aside from the horrible ride, my Fusion is cheaply made. Two of my chrome panels around back windows came off in the car wash, the AC/Heat has never worked very well, and the sound system is horrible...I could go on and on. This was an impulsive buy and a HUGE MISTAKE!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22

Our Take on the 2013 Ford Fusion

Trying to decide on a midsize sedan may be one of the hardest tasks for any car shopper. From the Hyundai Sonata and Toyota Camry to the redesigned Nissan Altima and Honda Accord, these cars offer quiet cabins, plenty of space and a fair amount of features even in base or lower trim levels.

The redesigned 2013 Ford Fusion breaks away from the pack in a big way. It outhandles the entire field and has a design that is James Bond dashing while the rest would be best fit for Miss Moneypenny.

If midsize sedan shoppers want fun and style, the redesigned 2013 Ford Fusion is perhaps the only option they have, but it does come with a few tradeoffs.

The 2013 is significantly different from the... Read More