2014 Fusion Energi

2014 Ford Fusion Energi

2014 Ford Fusion Energi

Have you driven the 2014 Ford Fusion Energi?

Best vehicle I have ever driven!

by Jen2001grad from San Diego, CA on March 31, 2014

The. 2014 Ford Fusion Energi is not only an extreme fuel sipper, I went from $250-$300 a month in gas in a 20MPG average Ford Edge to $20-$40 a month in gas. I have the same commute 35 miles a day, I do not charge at work (I wish I could) and I am really learning how to maximize the fuel savings in the vehicle. The vehicle rides softly and quietly, and it can switch from electric to gas smoothly, I almost never even know it has unless I look at the huge screen that shows me what mode the vehicle is in. This is an amazing vehicle and tons of fun to drive! It even has three clips for the cars seats in the back. The seats in my Titanium version are so comfortable! I love the Sync, navigation And Sony sound system! The $1500 state credit was fantastic too on top of all federal government cash!

Great for me

by Roger Roger from Kansas on October 7, 2015

After doing a lot or research, I decided on a Fusion Energi. I work close to home (5 miles) and when the office put in charging stations, that sold me. I've had the car a little over a month and still not needed a trip to the gas station. The technology is a bit overwhelming even for a geek but you'll grow into it. The only negative is going to be the trunk space. For me, not a big deal but for some this could be a show stopper. Plenty of power with or without gas. Love it so far!

a year driving the ford fusion energi plug in...

by keith fusion guy from Seattle WA on November 5, 2014

My 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi plug in car is VERY quiet 90 percent of the time. The remaining 10 percent its just quiet. :) The active noise cancelation works well. It has the power I need and looks beautiful. It loves to turn. The transition from ev to hybrid and back is very smooth. I commute 5 to 15 miles each way. Weekends I drive around town for pennies per mile.. Most of the time I drive in Auto EV (electric vehicle) mode. Great range for long distance trips in hybrid mode. I like this car very much. I charge the battery at home in my garage every night. On weekends I charge it twice a day using the 110 volt charger that came with the car. Charging the car daily costs an extra $20 a month on my electricity bill (here in Washington State at 10 cents per kw). I average around 80 miles per gallon in the summer, 70 miles per gallon in the winter. This car has no serpentine belts. The engine oil life lasts up to two years. This car requires very little maintenance. Of the 10000 miles driven, only 2000 miles has been with the gas engine running. Regen brakes work fine for me. No problems at all after 10000 miles. This car has a lot of technology. Optionally it automatically uploads my trip log to myfordmobile.com after every trip and provides reports of my driving (miles driven per day, per week, per month, percent EV, brake/driving score, etc.). I can turn it off when I want. No rattles or noises after 10000 miles. I don't mind the small trunk that much. It holds enough groceries bags or two pieces of carry on luggage while my dog sits in the back seat. The reported gas mileage rating for this car is confusing. Dealers will show 39 mpg but that is only if you never plug it in. If you plug it in at night you can get 60 mpg You can see my fuel up log on fuelly.com.. car name: Efficient Fusion. It doesn't include electricity. So far this year I have spent $240 on electricity ($20 times 12) and around $300 on gasoline. If you only have one car and you carry lots of cargo all the time, the regular Fusion car with the bigger trunk might be a better choice.

Luxury SE.

by Hoagie from Davison, Mi. on February 14, 2017

I bought this because my commute is over 50 miles 1 way and my company has 2 chargers at work. I will always use gas because of the length of my drive, but even after my charge is gone, this car gets fantastic mileage. I average around 60mpg, with my commute 1/3 electric each way. Leather heated seats are very comfortable, and the heated steering wheel is a great touch. I've only had it for a week, but my wife and I are both super pleased with it. By the way, this car has 15.6k miles on it, and other than battery not lasting as long in 12 degree temp eratures, I still have gotten close to 20 mile range every day but 1. I expect that to go up after winter. Battery degradation doesn't seem to be too much of a concern at this point.

128 miles per gallon

by Voltman from Cleveland, Oh on July 17, 2014

The Fusion Energi is a state-of-the-art marvel. Mine has adaptive cruise control and lane holding feature. If the car in front of you slows down or stops, you slow down and stop. If the car senses you are edging toward the lane line, it gently pulls you back to the center of the lane. 128 mpg on the way to work, and 44 miles per gallon returning. All I need is a charge station at work, and I will only have to buy gas once every three months!!!

Ford Fusion Energi

by Happy Ford Customer from SFO on October 7, 2014

This car has met all expectations. I have driven almost 1K miles now and may have bought gas once. The charge gets a little over 20 miles and handles most of the around town trips and gives a nice start to my daily commute. The car has plenty of power and is comfortable. I am also happy with the styling. In California I also get the advantage of using HOV lanes and paying half tolls on the bridges. So far so good.

Exceeds my Expectations

by Bob from San Diego, CA on June 27, 2014

Purchased 4weeks ago still have a quarter tank of gas and have driven 1089 miles and average 117mpg. For 5days I use no gas for my work commute and use only 2.5 gal on weekends which will go down when I get a 240 volt charger. I will save more than $200+ a month in gas. This car exceeded my expectarions.

1380 miles to a tank of fuel - NICE !

by EV Tim from Hawaii on June 12, 2014

I travel approximately 22 miles one way to my place of work. This car can make it to work, on a downhill gradual slope, from my home with around 23 miles left in my battery power. Of course this is flat surface with the current gross weight of the car. On the way home, climbing the same climb of 700 feet, I make it to around 6 miles from the house then the gas/battery hybrid systems takes over. Today, I looked at my receipts for gas. I last filled my car with fuel 34 days ago. Awesome! Great technology in a package that allows me to avoid paying high gas prices once a week in my area. I previously was had a truck spending 80 dollars a week. I have spent less than 200 bucks since February on has - it is June.

A most excellent automobile

by BenR from Southeast MI on October 3, 2017

This is an incredible automobile. It's stylish and beautiful and functions extremely well. I have a 50 mile round-trip to work and I fill my gas tank $12-$13 a day one tomorrow. My mileage is about 83 miles per gallon but if you include the cost of Electricity from re-charge of the battery it's about 60 miles per gallon. I suppose I could be happier but I just don't know how.

Have owned it for 1 month!

by DJHollywood from Salt Lake CIty, Utah on August 14, 2017

I am impressed with the options and comfort this Ford Fusion Energi has! It is a comfortable ride and I love the great gas mileage it offers. I plug it in at night and am able to drive 25 miles on electricity before switching to gas hybrid mode.

1 2 3