Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2015 Fusion Energi

2015 Ford Fusion Energi

2015 Ford Fusion Energi

4.5

Have You Driven the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi?

2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

by Irvine78 from Orange County, CA on Mon Aug 03 2015

I've owned a 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium model for little over 5 months. For the first 2 months, I've been driving about 80 miles a day in a commute, and I wasn't able to charge when I arrived at work. I saved my EV range until I drove home in the afternoon, when the traffic is actually far worse. So far, I've driven about 9000 miles and the car is averaging about 85 MPG. Last couple of months, I was able to charge from all of my work locations and I've seen monthly MPG jump to as much as 200 MPG. The average MPG would be much higher, had I been able to charge the car at one of my work locations, but that said, a midsize car that can accommodate 5 adults, this is an excellent value. The EV range (the distance this car can go with electricity only) from the factory is about 21 miles. I've been getting that and more, especially when I am carefully with the acceleration and brake early and gently to take full advantage of regen braking. On my average commute, I can add anywhere between 3-8 miles of regen miles to the exiting range. I've seen my EV range grow to as much as 34 miles, however, it's not abnormal for me to see range of 30 miles on frequent basis. If you're cranking on the A/C alot, you'll take a hit in the range but still, the penalty of using the A/C does not greatly hinder the range all that much (2-3 miles reduction as soon as the A/C kicks in). If your commute is less than 20 miles or so a day, this means you'd never have to use any gas to and from work and the range you can get out of a single gas tank would be well, infinite. I've been averaging about 1500-2000 miles per tank. The car has a 14 gallon tank. I've seen cases where people have gone more than a year before they had to fill up the car, but I'm thinking that's a bit extreme and one must have really short commute and they have charging stations everywhere they go. I have been filling up once every 2 months now for the past couple of months. The trunk of this car is really small. Some people have been reporting that they did not purchase this car because of the size of the trunk. It will fit a standard size golf bag (minus your long drivers and hybrids), a large suitcase and plenty of groceries for my wife and I. But if this is your only car and you need to carry more, then reconsider. Perhaps then, you would want to look into purchasing a Ford Fusion Hybrid, Ford C-MAX Hybrid or maybe even a Toyota Prius (which my wife has and we've been using this car for our IKEA runs). So far, I like this car. ALOT. It's nice to see that I do not need to fill up every week (such was the case with my 2004 G35) for the same commute, and the fact that around town, I can go almost anywhere without having to burn any of my gas. It's addicting to drive this car, not because of the sheer acceleration (it's not a Tesla Model S P85D), but the fact that you have the choice of staying in EV mode and seeing your real life MPG grow and grow into something a conventional car can't attain. The savings in your wallet for not making the stop is REAL. And if you wanted to drive to Las Vegas or even farther, you can do that without the fear of range anxiety. It's the best of both worlds, for now.

Better Gas Mileage than a Prius Plug In

by Vermont Driver from Montpelier, vt on Mon Jul 13 2015

I have a had my 2015 Fusion Energi Plug In for about 30 days. I have driven over 2,000 miles in a very short period of time. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Gas Mileage is averaging 59.5 MPG with 2,000 miles of driving & occasionally plugging it in. If I plugged it in religiously it would be much better. My first drive home from the dealership was 82.5 MPG.The build quality, ride, gas mileage, and comfort have blown me away! I drove Toyota's for years and have not driven a Ford for probably fifteen years. Do yourself a favor and if you are looking at a Prus Plug in, you should at least drive the Fusion Plug In Energi so you can see the huge differences yourself. I get 25 miles of purely electric driving, versus 11 with the Prius Plug in. Right there is a tremendous difference, over twice the electric range. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, THIS CAR!!!!!

Best car for regular day to day trips.

by Andrew H from Bloomington, IN on Sat Nov 11 2017

This car is a pleasure to drive. The handling is not quick as nimble as a sports car because of the low friction wheels, which ocassionally can emit squeals on wet roads or sharp turns followed by the correction with traction control. The ride is smooth, and quick when on electric mode. When the engine kicks on it tends to be a noisier hum. My drive mostly consists of commuting back and forth to work, and the range I can get on one battery charge is about 18-35. And it is enough to get me where I need to within town before and after works plus errands. Charging is slow with a 120v but much quicker with a 240v charging in about 90 minutes compared to 5-6hrs with a 120v Charger. The onboard sync doesn’t work perfectly, as in its difficult to find out if and when the car needs a software update. Ford dealerships also aren’t usually too helpful when it comes to this model of the fusion. The interior is comfortable, with leather and heated seats adjustable driver and passenger headrests. On gas engine mode it gets up to 45mpg which isn’t bad for a sedan of this size. The rear passenger seats are relatively roomy, with plenty of leg room and head space if you are average height. Exterior styling is comteporary enough that this car doesn’t age too fast. Speaker system is pretty good for the price. It’s not Harmon kardin but it has good depths with bass and treble. The rear and front parking sensors are a life saver, given that this is a full size sedan it will come in handy when parking in small spaces.

Great Car!

by Laura from HB on Thu Mar 26 2015

I love my new 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium! The car is amazingly smooth, incredible gas mileage, awesome technology. I bought mine from Huntington Beach Ford and dealt with two great guys...Mike Foster and Dan Lucha...go get yours from them, they are good guys?

Started out awesome now it is mediocre.

by Andy918 from Dewey, Oklahoma on Thu Oct 25 2018

When we purchased our 2015 Fusion Energy, it was incredible, though priced a little high it got 80 plus mpg., we live in Oklahoma so the terrain is mild and that helped. In 2017 my mpg. Dropped to 69.9 mpg. So I took it to the shop they said the battery cooling fan went out and than said they performed a software update which seemed good, but 3 days latter I noticed my car got about 50 mpg, they said reset it, so I did, Then it dropped to 45.5, I complained and brought it to them, they insisted that it must have been miscalibrated originally’but wouldn’t that be fraud’, so this thing has been in the shop many times and now I get 39.9 mpg and fill up a lot Now we have 70k miles and are going to trade it while the warranty exists. This 45k car is worth 14k and still beautiful. We bought it for mileage for way more than the gas model and got ripped off by Ford.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Value of a Vehicle

by Tjhuff from Orlando on Wed Jun 13 2018

Great buy. The gas mileage is the number one thing. Currently without a charge I am getting 39MPG and It fills up on 25 dollars. The Energi luxury version actually is great because it comes with all of the features of a Titanium model without the cost. The only cons are the trunk space and the 2015 model doesn’t have Car Play or Nav, other than that I’m completely happy.

Unexplainable/unrepeatable "electrical siezures"

by JD Gibs from Seattle, WA on Thu Aug 16 2018

Loved the car and it would have gotten 5 stars across all levels, however shortly in to owning the new car, I encountererd a strange issue. Upon coming to a stop while driving, the brake system would flash and beep and then I would no be able to accelerate. Basically stuck dead on the road. . Took several tries, keys in and keys out and playing with the e brake before the system seemed to kick back on... Upon driving it to the dealership, they could never diagnose the problem to fix it... The dealer in WA actually never even documented it on my service records despite having them look at it more than a few times in the first 18 months I had the car! We service our cars at another Ford dealership now. The issue became larger and more frequentl coming in to year 3. Thankfully we purchased an external warranty to extend power train and electrical issues. Unfortunately though no one was able to replicate the problem live. Have several videos of the issue as it's occurred over the last few months but to resolution. With a baby on the way, my wife made me sell it. The car just wasn't safe to drive with an undiagnosable problem that disabled driving while in use. Disappointed with Ford. We took quite a loss trading it in with no real support from the dealership we purchased the car from. Some Ford dealers don't care about service or taking care of repeat customers anymore. 3 cars with them and you'd think they'd extend some sort of olive branch on a trade loss because their car they sold me was a dud. Imacculate condition, all Services, all over hyped extra plans, etc.... No love from Ford. We won't give Ford our business moving forward once our current new car and new SUV serve their purpose.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very reliable

by Esel from Chester, VA on Tue Apr 07 2015

This is my second fusion and I was very pleased with the first and am, so far, very pleased with this one. I looked at other brands and made this my choice. I only wish it had fog lights to which I became accustomed on my previous fusion. Otherwise I'm very happy with this car.

Plug and go OR filler up

by jeberly from west texas on Thu Feb 22 2018

great way to ease into the electric car world.....and not go cold turkey, a bit pricey; but depends on why you are looking to go that way

Best car I have ever owned for the money

by Haroldvandy from Smyrna, Tn on Tue Apr 10 2018

The car met all my needs for the size of the vehicle. I like the way the car has for the trunk and it gets good mileage

1 2