2016 Fusion Energi

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

2016 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

by Artemus Gordon from Redding Ca on November 28, 2016

I will confess I currently own four other vehicles. My wife and I have to travel 260 miles each way from Redding Ca to Palo Alto for medical reasons, each week. The idea of getting a car with better gas mileage had crossed our minds, many times while sitting in Bay Area traffic. We set out to buy a plug in and actually looked at everything from a $120,000 Tesla to just about every plug in car made. The design, styling and quality interior materials of the Ford Fusion, along with its affordable price, made the selection very easy. We bought ours fully loaded and it was available with options we thought were only available in our higher priced luxury cars. We love the Fusion, and can report we have placed 10,000 miles on her in just four months. First scheduled service was 9500 miles and it's had no dealership returns. It's not a toy, it's a real midsize quality car. Solid doors, great looks, leather interior, with comfortable air cooled power seats. Our average mpg is about 83 mpg traveling. Our cost per weekly trip went from $129.00 to about $24.00. To say we are pleased is an understatement. It might not out run our Dodge HellCat, but it's a safe, comfortable and attractive car! It will however save us thousands of dollars in fuel.

Amazing Fuel Economy

by jdub from Riverside, ca on April 19, 2018

I leased these Energi's twice, both times no issues, used as commuters for 40k miles each. Powertrain is boring but fuel economy is fantastic. I plugged in at work, and home so the first 15-18 miles was on battery, my daily commute was 38 miles each way per day so the hybrid gas motor only ran 1/2 the time.

enjoying the comfort of extraordinary ride

by dxp29 from Kissimmee, Fl on August 16, 2018

This car feels so classy and comfortable, enjoying all the gadgets of today's vehicles. I can't believe purchasing a used 2016 with only 23000. miles can feel so Great. What a Wonderful buy for us...

Amazing car

by Mary from fort wayne on March 23, 2017

Love the way this hybrid handles. I also get amazing mileage because I drive short distances so I get 100 mpg. Feels like a luxury car with the leather, moon roof, heated seats, and rear camera.

End of the line for Fusion 2020

by Pregomi0 from Houston, TX on July 22, 2018

It was nice but I found a so much better PHEV to drive a Chrysler Pacifica limited PHEV Hybrid the Ford had just a 7 cubic ft trunk the Pacifica over 90 cubic ft cargo area, Ford lost it's edge when it announced it is ending the Fusion line in 2020, and is not giving anyone a better PHEV that Chrysler is and the Pacifica is only in its 2nd year of production and will last a lot longer than the Fusion will.

Does not recommend this car!!

Converted Lexus Hybrid Owner

by "Civic Entrepreneur" from Central West End in St. Louis on February 15, 2016

When my lease expired on my Lexus Hybrid, I checked out the Ford Fusion Engergi Plus In Optional and was delighted with the product. I've had the car for just 3 weeks, but so far I really like it. Rides like a Lexus for far less money.

18 mile range on electric only!WHAT A JOKE

by car expert from pittsburgh,pa on July 6, 2017

Hybrid battery takes half the trunk space. $39,000 joke of a car. Ford should scrap this car until big improvements are made. All plug in hybrids should have a 50 mile range on electric only mode.

Does not recommend this car!!

Car exceeds my expectations on every level!

by Artemus7575 from Redding, Ca on September 7, 2017

Bought this car to put less wear and tear on our other vehicles, and save on gas. Between HellCat and F450 this car is a bargain. I looked at everything out there in plug in elect. The gas and plug in combination was only option that fit our needs. Plug in alone came with too much "distance anxiety" . We travel 256 miles each way for medical appointments. These trips are nearly every week. The range of 256 miles each way required the gas/elect hybrid. In town of course we only use elect motor on highway both go into operation. We are realisticly getting excess 70 mph. That's driving 75 -80 and then in bumper to bumper Stanford traffic. The Fusion Titanium Energi, is not a plastic elect car, its a substantial vehicle. It's got every option you can imagine. Adaptive Cruise Control, Pedestrian and cross traffic detections. Heated cooled seats along with beautiful leather clad, real American style interior. All the other manufacturers cars felt plastic, unexciting and frankly cheap. From exterior award winning design to its solid Ford feel made it my choice. We have compliments from Valet parking attendentd to everyone who sees it. Plus if you buy Fusion Energi and not lease it, you can apply for a Federal $4000 tax credit along with Cal Clean Air check for $1500.00. It's not automatic, you must apply for both, but it's simple in both cases. In addition you get stickers allowing you to drive in HOV lanes anytime. Look it's safe and can be as nice as you can afford to make it. 27,000 miles and no needed repairs or recalls. Just service every 10,000 miles. Not as fast as a Dodge HellCat, and won't tow like F450, but it's more than enough for California highways or cross country exploring without fear of using all the battery reserves!

for the price one great car!!!

by putterboy from charlotte N.C. 28277 on July 14, 2017

this is a great value for such anice car. it has everything you want. good gas mileage,runs great,air conditioner is awesome. nice stable steering. has a nice heavy feel on the road for a front wheel drive car. mine is the 2.0 model and I can not be happier!!! a lot of bang for your buck!!! thanks FORD!!!

Better Than Any Other Plug-in Hybrid

by Mkarppinen from Muskegon, MI on September 25, 2017

I was debating on whether to get a BMW i3, or a Chevy Volt, then this car came into view. It was cheaper than the i3, and had more features than a Volt, and was larger on the inside than both. The power train is so much better than my 2014 Prius, it actually can get up and go without a problem. The interior is much larger than a Prius, but the rear headroom is about the same. The electric range is only about 20 miles, less in the winter because the engine has to warm up, but it is nice not to go the gas station except for about once every three weeks.

1 2 3