2017 Fusion Energi

4.9 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Excellent car: Safe, Comfortable, and Economical

by JoeMV from Montgomery Village, Md. on July 3, 2017

Ford basically sold me a Lincoln for a Ford price. I bought the Fusion Titanium Energi with all options except the moon roof. Exterior looks sharp, almost shark like. Interior is handsome and very comfortable with 10 way adjustable seats (heated and cooled). Visibility is good, safety features are comprehensive and work well. Looks of nice touches. Sun visors extend for better side sun protection, driver's side mirror is both heated and auto dimming. Ergonomics of the Sync 3 with navigation is excellent; system is logical, responsive and equipped with just the right number of buttons and knobs. Voice commands actually work :-) The car drives well and holds the road nicely. Performance is sedate, although certainly functional. Mileage is excellent. Plugging in every night, I'm averaging 88 mpg over the week. This with a commute of 43 miles per day (9 local, 34 highway, 17 of that highway pretty much stop and go). Pricing was excellent. Sticker was $40,000. Dealer price with incentives was $35,500 plus Uncle Sam provided a $4,007 tax credit. So far I'd rate this as the best car, I've ever purchased

Luxury for Less

by mschoewe13 from Ohio on December 8, 2017

2017 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium: First of all, the technology on this car is INCREDIBLE. From the adaptive cruise control (if you have never had it you have NO IDEA what you are missing), My Ford Mobile App (Tracks each trip - shows me how efficient my driving was, energy consumed, MPG for the trip, allows me to set a schedule for my car to be "ready" i.e. battery charged, car warmed up - remote start from my phone, lock/unlock vehicle, GPS locator if I forgot where I parked) to the Lane Assist, this car is AMAZING. For the price and features, you will not find a more stylish (interior and exterior) vehicle with all of the features of this vehicle. So far I am in love. To give a fair assessment, my ONLY criticism (though I knew this when purchasing) is the amount of trunk space. The battery takes up significant room in the trunk. So if you have strollers or typically carry a lot of cargo, you may want to take a look inside before purchasing. That is my only negative comment though! GREAT CAR so far!

Luxury for Less

by mschoewe13 from Ohio on December 8, 2017

62 MPG enough said

by jaegervt from Vermont on June 21, 2017

nice handling car, I think the slightly additional weight of the battery compliments the ride. electric to motor transition is very smooth, which cannot be said by some other competitors.

Changed my driving aggression

by smitht from Howell, NJ on November 4, 2017

I have just purchased the used 2017 Ford Fusion Engergi Platinum. I drive a nasty commute from Howell, NJ to Piscataway NJ. This car has changed my normal aggressive style no more road rage. This car is calming. We have a charge port at work which is free Out of a 40-mile commute, I can get 33 miles EV (free). The car has everything you would want plus comfort. I wish I would of purchase one sooner. I am sold on Hybrid plug-ins. It sounds funny but the coaching indicators worked for me on changing the way I brake, accelerate and cruise. Many other drivers are telling me I am number one but I am driving almost for free. I would recommend this car

Great build, great styling, good value

by Johnod from Los Angeles, CA. on March 28, 2017

Luxury car finish, well equipped, good to drive. Value for money. Sync 3 and Android Auto working together is awesome!

Loving the honeymoon period ...

by systemBuilder from Palo Alto, CA on March 15, 2018

We looked at Ford Fusion Energi, Honda Clarity Gas/Electric, and Chevy Bolt EV. The Fusion is a highly refined midwestern car. It will soak up washboard pavement and Interstates (like I-74) paved in 1960 with grasses growing in between the cracks. It will literally float down I-80 to lake tahoe and you won't mind being in the gravel-surfaced trucker lane. It is a hoot to drive, partly because the instrument panel turns braking into a videogame where you work to achieve a 100% energy recovery score, but it also has good power (180+ hp). It is spacious and although not sporty, it's also not a behemoth like the ford LTD from the 1970's and 1980's whose ride it harkens back to (my friends once went skiing in a Ford LTD and they simply laid their skis sideways in the trunk.) The loss of trunk space is unfortunate (the batteries cut trunk space from 16 cu ft to 8 cu ft; space is 12 cu ft in the Hybrid), but the groceries of a costco shopping cart still fits in the rear trunk of Energi. The interior is the nicest car I've ever owned (good leather seats; awesome 11-speaker stereo; good sound insulation; good headroom & comfortable armrests & heated steering wheel & 3-level heated seats). The car has just wrecked our enjoyment of our 2001 Lexus Rx300, I find myself screaming as the gas mileage falls from 15.1 mpg to 15.0 mpg at stoplight! Three wishes to improve this car: (1) Move the batteries under the floor, beneath the rear seat, etc., get the trunk back up to 12-14 cu ft in a configuration that fits more than 2 soft carryon bags (NOTE: duffel bags are needed to get the most from the fusion trunk, 4 people can take a long distance trip with skis on the roof but you wouldn't want to move a child to college with this car.) (2) I have a remote start key which works from 300 ft away, sometimes in the evening I lean over and the car alarm goes off, annoying the neighbors; Please make the car alarm button harder to trigger by mistake. (3) The ONLY thing the Lexus Rx300 does that Ford Fusion doesn't, is it has a way (insert key, turn, & hold in turned position) to close all the windows & sunroof. This is probably just a software update; please consider, it Ford!

Gas Mileage is incredible

by plandry111 from Yarmouth on May 13, 2017

i never thought I would own a hybrid, but this is a great car! Very comfortable and stylish. This is not your Grandmother's hybrid.

Best car I have owned , it is amazing

by Steverino from Phoenix, Az on February 8, 2018

I am thrilled with this car . It is a Luxury Hybrid and a Plugin. Great mileage, 40, 50 and more depending on driving skills, and pluging in. Rides, handles beyond anything I have ever had. It has more features than I have figured out in a month of ownership. Brilliant set of features like heated AND cooled seats. Too much to talk about. We are delighted. Check out reviews in YOUTUBE.

Fantastic plug-in hybrid and extreemly comfortable

by Stosh from Santa Monica, CA on December 27, 2017

An ideal commuter car with loads of features and comfort. 21 mile battery range - ideal for daily commuting. Very stylish and intuitively functional interior design - best I've owned! Loaded with driver assist features including car play. Leather seats with individual power adjust, climate control, moon roof, and much more.

1 2 3 4