2010 Fusion Hybrid

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Love my hybrid Fusion

by Formerly Dubious Ford Convert from Montana on October 6, 2010

I checked out every hybrid within 300 miles and decided on the Ford Fusion. Love the size and comfort and drivability. I love the instrument displays - and the fact that you can choose your favorite from among different options. Good power and acceleration, and very smooth to drive in town and on the highways. Ford's SYNC is the best option ever. On the downside, the fabric seats are from recycled fabric, which is good, but not hard-wearing, and the cornering at highway speeds through mountain turns isn't as assured as in my previous car. And I'm still working on getting that 41 city mpg that is touted - might need a different type of city driving than you find around here.

Who would have thought I would by a Ford

by Former BMW owner from Layayette, CO on February 25, 2011

I purchased the 2010 Fusion Hybrid after driving an Altima Hybrid over Thanksgiving week. I tested the Camry as well. The Fusion is amazing. Quiet and almost unnoticeable hybrid function between gas engine on and off. (the Altima was very loud and abrupt turning the engine on.) The car is averaging 35.6 overall (it keeps track of each trip, overall and a manual reset average as well). It gives lots of data which can help you drive more efficiently. But it has enough power to get out of the way when you need it. I drive a short commute of about 3.5 miles, which I have learned is not enough time to get the system warmed up fully and at it's max efficiency. Longer drives of 15 miles or so and I can get up to 42 or 45 MPG. Great car!

A lot to love

by Rod from Omaha, Nebraska on June 21, 2009

I bought my Fusion Hybrid in March 2009 and have owned it about 3 months. Here?s what I like about it: High safety ratings. I get 38-39 mpg with mostly city driving. It burns no gas while sitting at a stop light or drive-thru. Smooth, quiet ride. Plenty of power. Gas engine turns on and off automatically and seamlessly. Elegant outdoor safety lighting. Classy interior ambient lighting. Dashboard display is configurable and gives real-time info on gas mileage, helping you drive more efficiently. When you turn off the car, it tells you your gas mileage for that trip. Driver?s vision package has rear view camera and rear and side sensors. Keyless entry keypad eliminates danger of lockout. Integrated navigation system has touch-screen controls for GPS, climate control and audio system. Connect Bluetooth devices to play music or make phone calls. Has auxiliary line-in jack and USB port. Play MP3 files from a flash drive. Play DVDs (audio-only while driving). Download CDs onto 10GB jukebox hard drive. Use SYNC to control navigation, audio and climate control with voice commands. Hybrid has 2 standard power points and one standard 110-volt outlet. What I don`t like: Costs a lot more than non-hybrids. Ford charges an extra $495 to get it in white. The chrome grille is actually chrome-painted plastic. There are audio controls on the steering wheel which I sometimes press inadvertently. One power point, line-in jack and USB port are located inside the center console storage and difficult to access unless you leave this storage empty. Fuel filler door doesn?t lock. Bumper-to-bumper warranty is only 3/36,000. Option packages don?t allow enough flexibility to customize your Fusion exactly as you want. FYI: The high voltage battery is supposed to last for the life of the car and Ford warrants it for 8 years/100,000 miles. It sits behind the rear seat. The battery is cooled using cabin air, so you have to be careful not to block the air intake grate in the front of the rear seat. In a wreck, the power disconnects at the battery to avoid electrocution. Bottom line: I love my Fusion Hybrid. It looks cool. It?s fun to drive. It?s fuel efficient. It?s full of fun tech toys. There?s a lot to like about it. I hope more people will buy the Fusion Hybrid so Ford can bring the price down.

Best car EVER

by Math Man from Minneapolis MN on April 21, 2010

We have had our Fusion Hybrid for 3 months and 5300 miles. I love this car! Now that the weather has warmed up I am averaging 45 mpg on my commute. We are on getting nearly 700 miles per tank of gas. All that and it looks great too! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a roomy 5 passenger sedan.

An American Car that tops the Japanese

by Jersey Doc from Fort Lee, NJ on June 24, 2011

Hands down, this is the best car I have ever purchased. I have owned Japanese and Korean cars only in the past, and this Hybrid Ford Fusion tops them all in styling, comfort, ride, performance and fuel efficiency. Moreover, recent resale values of the 2010 model indicate that the car has retained nearly 80% of it's original retail value, despite putting nearly 30K miles on the vehicle and owning the car for 3 years (purchased in 2008).

Even my wife loves this car.

by MarauderTex from Richardson, TX on March 24, 2011

I've driven a large car or SUV for years. My brother-in-law, who has 2 hybrids, shamed me into buying this car. The Fusion Hybrid has been an extremely pleasant surprise. Not only does this car have lots of pep, but it is a fun car to drive. It is so enjoyable to drive that my wife grabs it when I'm not using it. That is a double bonus, because it gets triple the gas mileage that her Expedition gets. We've only made one long trip with the Fusion, but we were able to ride in comfort for hours on end. The only complaint is the wife is mad because I bought one without heated seats. My Bad!!!!

Will never go back to fully gas vehicle

by Retired Engineer from Knoxville, Tn. on May 4, 2015

As an owner a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, for 108,000 miles and 5.5 years, I will never go back to a straight gasoline car. It is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I saved $1800 by not buying the 100K mile warranty (didn't need it). I have now saved $8400 on gasoline versus the Explorer I used to drive. My lifetime mpg average is 39.4 and increasing. The last 2 tanks have been an average of 43 mpg. I keep 100% gas records. It even gets 40 mpg in the mountains, making up almost all mileage lost going up hill, with regen mode going down hill with moderate braking. Fleet data on Ford Escape Taxis in California show no high voltage battery failures (other than accident damaged batteries), in an average lifespan of over 300,000 miles for the whole taxi fleet, with the same batteries I have, NiMH. My brake pads are like new, 11 mm of thickness on the fronts, 8 mm on the rears. With just the 4 cylinder 2.5L Akinson cycle engine in a 4000 lb car, it has plenty of passing power, when the 2 electric motors kick in; it feels like a supercharger, and has very little impact on the mpg. I plan on driving this vehicle for at least 10 years or 200,000 miles.

She's-a good-a

by lisacolorado from Greeley, CO on March 11, 2011

I went to the Fusion Hybrid from a Civic Hybrid. It is certainly more comfortable and has much better acceleration. It has a plug that you can use with an ordinary household cord. It has superflous things like changeable-colored lights around the drink holder, but I suppose there might be a reason for it. I love the backup warning system. It's quiet inside. I have one beef: It's got those thin-walled performance tires that they are really proud of, so proud they cost more than a hundred dollars each to replace. I'd like more practical tires.

An Awesome Automobile for Today

by New Green Guy from Minnetonka, MN on March 17, 2010

I have had my Fusion Hybrid for 5 days. I have driven it 500 miles. I got 36.3 mpg on the highway going 70 mph most of the time. The car is awesome. It is comfortable with leather seats but the cloth passenger seat was not comfortable at all for me. But the leather is great! We have dual power seats, heated, moon roof, everything except the GPS as we have a Garmin. I gave it only 4 stars interior because the door pockets are not long enough to store maps. But no big deal. Also on value, 4 stars for the added $6,000 for a hybrid. Payback time of 6-8 years?? But you are depriving OPEC of another gouging so why not? I keep my cars around 10 years or so.I just love this car! Just get leather and forgot the uncomfortable cloth. You will pay a bit more. I also recommend the extended warranty I think 6 years/100,000 on the hybrid components. It comes with a 3/36,000 but that is not enough. So...the warrant added about $1900. But Ford is new at this so to me anyway it is worth the peace of mind. And this covers the big battery which costs $6,000 to replace. So if I can get 1000,000 miles with the battery I will trade it in then anyway cuz I sure will not spend $6,000 if the battery goes bad anytime after 100,000 miles. Anyway, ONE AWESOME CAR AND QUIET AS CAN BE, RIDES WELL, AND HAS LEATHER COMFORT. BUY IT! Just watch the cloth seats and maybe go leather???

Amazing Car

by Old Fogie from Falls Church, VA on July 29, 2010

I'm very pleased with my new Ford Fusion Hybrid. I like the various instrument panels you can choose, the sound system, the gas efficiency, the temperature controls--In fact, so far I haven't found anything not to like. Have had it over two months and am still running on the dealer's gas!

1 2 3 4 5 6