2012 Fusion Hybrid

2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid

2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid?

Great ride! Awesome mileage.

by hotdog12 from Houston on Fri Nov 16 2012

This is the first American car I've purchased in 40 years--and it's a good one! Surprisingly luxurious, very good acceleration for a hybrid, quiet, smooth ride. You don't even notice when the Fusion Hybrid switches between electric mode and the gasoline engine and back. Great back support and seat adjustment. Real-world mileage tooling around Houston is between 33 and 35 mpg. With the spacious 17.5 gallon tank, I can drive almost 600 miles between fill ups! Gas tank utilizes the new capless design. I've got the loaded model with moon roof, side sensors and that wonderful backup camera. I don't know how I lived without it! And the Sony sound system is excellent. I'm less than thrilled with the terrible GPS interface--my Android smartphone is about a hundred times better. Even my old Tom Tom and Garmen units are far superior. It is almost useless unless you use Mapquest and Ford's Sync feature to send destination data to the GPS. All the touch screen features are a bit clunky--sort of like 1995-era interfaces. All are a bit awkward and non-intuitive. No excuse for this--if Ford used the Android interface and it would be far better IMHO.

Best Car I ever Owned

by Frere11 on Mon Jul 03 2017

This car is awesome. I bought it new and it now has 180k miles and going strong inside and out!! Extremely dependable. Comfort and all safety features blind spot, back up camera are awesome. I love the start up. Just like a Golf car on electric.

Love my Ford

by cadillac owner from missouri on Sun Jan 20 2013

This is the first Ford and first hybrid I have ever owned, and I am totally happy with it so far. It is quiet and efficient, but has plenty of pep when needed. Very comfortable, too. Am looking forward to trying a road trip soon. But my favorite part is stopping for fuel only half as much as I did previously!

Did my research and it's what the doctor ordered..

by gimmie from Three Rivers,Mi on Mon Jun 04 2012

Car is not gaudy, and delivers what was promised in performance and quality. Wife has the 2010 fusion hybrid and the little improvements are wonderful. Blind spot notification and video camera in rear is terrific. Getting 38 mpg so far after 3500 miles.

2012 ford fusion hybrid

by yankeefan from PA on Mon Apr 29 2013

Tested Toyota hybrids and was not satisfied. Tested used 2012 Ford Fusion hybrid and was pleasantly surprised. Ride, handling and MPG have been great. Highway MPG exceeding EPA estimates. Great value for the $ cost.

2012 FORD Fusion Hybrid

by Ruralvoice from Melbourne, FL on Wed Mar 19 2014

I have owned my hybrid since buying it new in late 2011. It's been two years, and I love it. It is, buy far, the best vehicle I have ever purchased in all rated categories. I have had no problems with it at all! I drive conservatively (65 MPH highway, 45-50 MPH city), and the mileage I get, overall, is 41.8 MPG (that's the long-term mileage for the last 5000 miles)--you can see both short and long term mileage. If one drives even slower on the highway, at 60 MPH you can stretch the overall mileage to 42.9. The vehicle is designed to get better mileage in the city than at normal interstate speeds (70-75 MPH). I got all the bells and whistles (moonroof, backup camera, rain sensing wipers, 12 speaker sound system, leather interior, etc) and really enjoy driving the vehicle. Mine is the Platinum Pearl White color, and it looks as nice as the day I drove it off the showroom floor. This hybrid drives smooth and has plenty of pep. A lot has been written about the Ford navigation system, but I find t works just fine. If one does not like technology then don't purchase a new vehicle! It just takes getting use to and practicing with the modern touch inputs. I especially like the weather radar display (Sirius XM subscription). This was the LAST year of the original FORD Fusion design. 2013 completely changed, and all the bugs were previously rung out of this model year, so I can't speak for any following year (2013+). I think this is the best Ford Fusion hybrid year and definitely would have purchased again!

Fusion Hybrid

by Tony L. from Eugene, OR on Mon Nov 14 2011

I've only had the car for two weeks but so far it has performed as Ford said it would. I bought the package with all the bells and whistles. The technology is abounding and convenient. The safety equipment (rear view camera, blind spot and oncoming traffic sensors) are outstanding. The ride and feel is smooth, quiet and compliant. The four cylinder engine is somewhat noisy when accelerating quickly but it has all the pep one would need. So far, the combined mileage is 35 mpg but I expect that to improve once the engine is "broken in". The one thing I was surprised and disappointed to learn is that the side-view mirrors are not collapsible and for that kind of money, they should be. I hate to think about the replacement cost on one of those. Overall though, the Ford Fusion is a well designed, fuel efficient and comfortable family car.

Fusion Hybrid Review

by Savings Seeker from Florence, Alabama on Wed Mar 28 2012

Fantastic car for the price! Have owned 2 other hybrids before and this is the best overall. Only change needed is smart key and push-buton start and button on trunk to open from outside.

A Stepping Stone

by Tyler on Thu Jan 18 2018

As a current student, I hoped to find something cheaper but with the characteristics that I wanted. I found exactly that with the fusion hybrid. It has great mpg (I get around 36-37), is smooth, and is fully loaded. I was able to purchase it for 8500 with 70k miles which in my research is a great deal. I'm extremely happy with the car and if I didn't have grander expectations in the coming years, I'd stick with this car until it dies. But in the end, it's a stepping stone to an all-electric vehicle in the coming years.

A Great Ride!

by BlackistheKnight from Honolulu on Mon Nov 05 2012

A great customer assistance/sales person! Knowledgable no pressure. Experience was only exceeded by the car itself; a pleasure to drive. All the Bells and Whistles are very helpful with out being intrusive.

1 2