2013 Fusion Hybrid

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

4.4

Have You Driven the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid?

The Hybrid for Skeptics

by Charlee from Templeton, CA on Sat Nov 17 2012

Ditto to Jim's review. I have had my Fusion Hybrid for 8 days now and couldn't be happier. I was a little disappointed with the gas mileage on my 210 mile drive home from my dealer (32 mpg with an average speed over 70 mph), but with over 700 miles on it now, my ten mile commute home tonight(80% hwy) got 45.2 mpg. A ten mile test today of city driving at 30-40 mph got 52.3 mpg. Mine is White Platinum with Dune interior, with the Luxury & Technology packages, Nav and Moonroof, with the Luxury wheels to finish off its Euro good looks. I don't feel you need any of the Driver Assist options, unless you're over 80 years old. With properly adjusted mirrors and rear view camera, there are no blind spots. There is no wind noise at any speed. The regenerative brakes and the steering are excellent, with a very solid, smooth ride. My Fusion has already learned when I'm one mile from home and switches to 100% electric. If your speed is under 63 mph on a level hwy, the car will also occasionally switch to 100% battery power for a minute or more. The gas engine and the brakes recharge the battery surprisingly fast. All transitions are virtually seamless. The only thing that could make me happier with this car is having Ford's Ambient Lighting for the interior, which is only available with the Titanium version that will only come with a black interior, which is an option I'll never choose. MyFord Touch and Sync have been flawless and easy to use. I would recommend that all Ford dealers activate the Easy Entry & Exit feature on every Fusion on their lots. By automatically moving the driver's seat to its rearmost position, it make getting in and out of the car much easier, which is a very important first impression for car buyers. They should also verify that the center screen displays the time (something every driver looks for)and not the date, along with pointing out to a buyer that the gas filler door opens by pushing on it. I feel with its beautiful design and many advanced features, the Fusion Hyrid is the best American car on the market. And Ford did it without bailout money, another important reason for choosing it.

Getting 55 MPG

by Jim from Dallas on Mon Nov 05 2012

Please ignore the prior 2 reviews - come to Dallas and try and buy one - you can't - I should know I bought one of the first ten in the entire country. I constantly get people coming up to me to ask about the car and had to leave one restaurant twice to go back outside to show them the car. Drove an Audi A8L and the suspension on this is better - kid you not. Run don't walk to try one out if you are lucky enough to find one - Ford got this one so right!!!

Amazing vehicle, especially for the price

by 13 Fusion Hybrid Fanatic from Fort Lauderdale, FL on Sat Apr 06 2013

When I decided I wanted to get a hybrid for the obvious fuel economy advantages, I looked at a number of vehicles before choosing the Fusion. This car has options and features not available on anything in the price range. For about the same price as a Toyota Camry Hybrid, I got mine factory ordered with exactly the options I wanted - Luxury Package, My Ford Touch, Rear View Video Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane keeping system and Blind Spot with Cross Traffic Alert. The car is averaging a little over 45 mpg over approximately 2500 miles. The best ever was a 35 miles trip where I achieved 53mpg overall, the worst was a 10 mile trip in bumper-to-bumper traffic where I only got 34 mpg. Fortunately, since I am in South Florida (where it doesn't get much colder than 50 degrees), the car warms up fast and is able to switch to EV mode more quickly. The vehicle is comfortable, roomy even in the back, and it is easy to learn how to use all of the features. My two favorites are the Adaptive Cruise Control, where the car actually brakes and slows down to almost a complete stop if there is a car in front of you, then accelerates back to speed when room allows; and the Lane Keeping System which actually uses cameras to watch the broken white lines on the highway. Once, I looked down for a second and drifted a little to the right - the car automatically steered me back into the lane, preventing me from moving over to the next lane. These kinds of features are available on high-end luxury cars that cost $50K+, but there is nothing in the $30K price range that offers them, along with stunning good looks, high quality materials, a smooth and quiet ride, and incredible gas mileage. This is my first American car about 20 years, and it was the best decision I could have made!

Ford Fusion Hybrid experience thus far

by Practical yet stylish from Troy, OH on Mon Jun 03 2013

Purchased this hybrid a few weeks ago and so far so great. The jury is still out on whether I will reach the 47 MPG that is stated. Currently I am averaging 40 MPG, which is still great. I believe the cost-benefit will be realized over time. I LOVE driving this vehicle, including the Ford touch and navigation systems.

Good Car- Great Gas Mileage (for my driving)

by TDNew2Ford from Washington, DC area on Wed Dec 04 2013

I purchased this car on November 18, 2013. I traded in a 2008 Lexus ES350 because I drive 1500 miles a month and could not afford the 22 mpg the Lexus was getting. My husband and I set out to find a car that has good gas mileage and still has all the interior bells and whistles as the Lexus. We did research on all hybrids and finally narrowed it down to the Honda Accord, Lincoln, MKZ, and Ford Fusion hybrids. I eliminated Honda Accord because its just not stylish to me. I landed on the Ford because it was cheapest. We read all the reviews about bad gas mileage but still decided if we only average 38mpg its still better than 22 mpg on the Lexus. So, I purchased it. The inside has the luxury package, technology package, and the mirrors have the auto tint technology, but its not a Titanium edition, which I kind of regret now. I really need keyless entry and push-button start. But, I am ok without it. The only real issue I have is the tank size, which I didn't pay close attention to in my comparison of hybrids. My goal was to decrease trips to the gas station, but with a 13 gallon tank the trips are still once every 6-7 days. I would love for Ford to consider this when making the next round of updates. If the tank was a 15 gallon tank, like the Honda Accord, I could probably go 7-8 days on one fill. On the flip side, when I do fill the tank, it only costs $40 instead of the $50+ every 6 days that I was used to with the Lexus. So, I am still saving money. I am just not saving on time by decreasing trips to the gas station. Overall, it was a good buy. Plus my trip-o-meter is telling me I am averaging 42-45 mpg on my daily trips into work which is a lot more than early reviewers said they were averaging. And yes, I had to adjust how I drive. Because driving a hybrid is not like driving a 6 cylinder Lexus.

Ford Does It!

by Burble84 from Alabama on Wed May 01 2013

Ford has made a great modern car with the Fusion. Ford has made a car for the future today with the Fusion Hybrid. Quality, features, quiet, comfort, style and safety. PLUS amazing economy if you just drive it the way you were taught to drive in Driver's Ed Class! I've never enjoyed a new car this much in 25 years of car buying. This thing impresses in ways you didn't expect. You keep having to remind yourself this is an AMERICAN car at an affordable price point. Amazing.

Nice Styleing

by LongDrive from West Covina, CA on Thu May 09 2013

Shopped Fusion Hybrid to the 3 different Toyota Prius' Hybrids and the Ford C-Max and mileage is similar, but Fusion is a much more attractive body style.

Loving my new Fusion Hybrid

by New Fusion Hybrid LI Mom from Farmingdale, NY on Fri Jan 04 2013

This car was difficult to obtain. However, it was worth the wait. Handles great, good pickup and overall comfortable ride. My hybrid has the luxury package, moonroof, 17" wheels, Voice activated navigation, Tech Package with Sync, Rear sensors, Rear camera and the driver assist package which has BLIS (blind spot indicator system) and cross traffic alerts. I was not looking for the driver assist package but it is very helpful. It also has automatic wipers and highbeams which work suprisingly well. It is a very techy car but all the controls are easily navigated. And gas mileage is good but not up to 47mpg yet. To be fair I have only filled the tank once and got 35mpg combined. I hope to improve this as my hybrid driving techniques improve. My sons are both over 6ft and fit easily in the back seats. I would not hesitate to recommend this car.

Only 1 flaw....

by Hybrid Fan from Atlanta, GA on Fri Apr 12 2013

This car has all the bells and whistles. Love, love it EXCEPT........the front passenger seat is too low. The only power adjustment on that seat is forward and back and adjustment of the back part of the seat. I am of average height and can barely see over the dash - can't see the hood of the car. Fortunately, I'm usually the driver. My husband is 5'10" and he said also that the front passenger seat should have power adjustment to raise the seat up and down - as does the driver's seat.

Best milage car I have used

by New Hybrid User from Pomona, CA on Fri Jan 04 2013

I am a first time American Car buyer, and I have to say " its the best decision I have ever made"! Love the way it drives and I drive 49miles to work and it uses less than 1 gallon. Very smooth ride and interior is the best.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a June 2014 Ford audit of this car's stated mileage.

The 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid has an advantage over some hybrids: The non-hybrid on which it's based is a great-driving sedan with a quiet interior and composed ride quality — traits that make the hybrid also pleasant to drive.

Unlike other hybrids, the Fusion doesn't scream, "Look at me, I'm a hybrid!" In fact, it doesn't look much different from the all-new, non-hybrid 2013 Fusion, and it lacks hybrid-specific driving modes — there are no eco or EV buttons. The Fusion Hybrid further differentiates itself by retaining a folding backseat... Read More