2014 Fusion Hybrid

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Have you driven the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid?

LOVE THIS CAR!

by tjwhenley from Dallas, TX on Tue Apr 29 2014

Bought the car on Friday morning and left on a 4 hour road trip the same day. I figured if I did not like the car, we would know by the end of the weekend. Gas mileage on the first tank was not what was hoping for however, I have filled up 3 times since then and gas mileage (calculated manually) has gone up each time, with the last one being 42+ mpg. I am happy with that as my former car was a Prius and while advertised to get 51, I rarely got over 47 without upsetting everyone else on the road. Love everything about the car; ride is great, feature rich, mpg, quiet, looks, etc. My wife does not like that the passenger seat tilts slightly to the rear, but that has been the only complaint. I think of places to go just to be able to drive it again. Wife has a new Cadillac and we both like taking this car rather than hers. Ride is as good, mileage is twice as good.

Incredible car

by Vinny1701 from New York City, NY on Tue Feb 25 2014

This is my 2nd Fusion, the first being a 2007 Fusion that I had for 200K miles. After one month of owning a brand new 2014 Fusion Hybrid, I cannot say enough good things about this car. It's more comfortable than my previous Fusion, which was very comfortable, and the technology in this new one blows my mind. From Bluetooth to turn-by-turn navigation (which is far superior to my previous Magellan GPS), this car is everything I would want. My present MPG, which started out at 34.2, is now 36.9 and it goes up every week. On one 21-mile trip in NYC from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn to Jamaica, Queens, 13.7 miles was done on the electric motor for a total MPG of 45.1. On a 90 mile trip on the Taconic Parkway I took this past weekend, which is infamous for being very pretty, very hilly and somewhat unforgiving if you're not paying attention, I averaged 44.1 MPG with the cruise control set to 58 MPH. Presently, filling up my 13.5 gallon tank will get me a total of 514 miles. I expect as the weather gets warmer, my mileage will increase...and I couldn't be happier.

Fusion Hybrid SE is both roomy and fuel saving

by jacksen from Mountain View, CA on Mon Nov 25 2013

I bought a Fusion Hybrid SE recently. Unlike Prius, Fusion Hybrid is much roomy and also fuel saving (it reports fuel usage for each trip from starting the car to stopping the car and most day time drive trips can reach around 47~48 mpg on freeway, not going too fast though). I am also very pleased with its style, comfort and advanced SYNC w/Ford Touch feature that controls via voice over navigation, climate, phone. multimedia. The rear view camera is also a must for safety. I strongly recommend this outstandingly designed Hybrid vehicle.

Our 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid

by cyclonej from Maryland on Wed Sep 10 2014

Bought our car new at the beginning of August. We test drove just about every hybrid around and just could not beat the room and comfort of the Fusion. OK, I was disappointed to see that Ford dropped the MPG rating from 47 to a best of 42 but for the room and comfort, we felt that it was worth it along with the fact that the Fusion was over $1000 less than the rest with less features. So we have had the Fusion for over a month. We live in a rural area but my wife works in a local city and has about a 35 mile commute each way on back country roads and four lane main highways plus some city driving. I am very pleased with 46+MPG we are seeing. I figured 40+ would be good but go figure. We drive the car just the same as we drive our other vehicles and do not "baby" the car. Highway speeds of 65 mph and country roads are 50 mph. Couldn't ask for anything more!

Best Car I've Ever owned

by Mr. Satisfied from West Wildwood, NJ on Fri Jun 20 2014

I bought a 2013 Fusion Hybrid. I've had it for 14 months and thought others might want to know how that model did. I love it. I get 45+ MPG. Its a quiet, smooth ride. There have been no mechanical issues. I take it to Ford for routine maintenance. AC cools car quickly. Heater is good. Great brakes. Great acceleration when you stomp on it to enter traffic. I'm 54, so the factory radio is fine, but for the 20+/- year olds, the volume might not be loud enough. Heated leather seats are a must if you live in an area that has actual winter weather. I also recommend the remote starter. When the car starts, the doors lock - good safety feature. Good trunk space for a hybrid - back seats fold down so the fishing rods can go on the trip. I could not be more positive about this car.

very comfortable and stylish

by short fuse from seattle wa on Sat May 16 2015

I own the 2014 ford fusion titanium hybrid and I have had it since sept 2013 I have enjoyed the great gas mileage ,I have averaged 46.6 mpg the reason I can get that is I stay mostly off the highways and use secondary route to get to work and back if you want to get 40 plus mpg you have to remember that this car operates best at speeds of 40mph or slower I live in hilly terrain and have had to change my driving habits in order to get these results but I find it is worth it now when I have to drive on highways at speeds above 60mph I do get anywhere around 38-41mpg . i would recommend buying this car if you mostly do city driving because that's where your going to get the most fuel mileage as far as the ride it is very smooth and quiet the leather heated seats are great in the winter , i also love the idea of an oil change every 10k miles . when you do buy this vehicle it will take some time to get use to how it handles and to learn how to keep it in electric mode ,anyway i hope this helps if you are thinking of buying this vehicle its a really good car

Best Hybrid in it's class and price range @ 51 k m

by swhitehorn from San Antonio on Fri Jan 13 2017

I bought my 2014 white Fusion Hybrid SE with no options new here in an Antonio and received a $4,000 discount after much haggling. I did not buy any extended warranty. My wife drives a fully loaded 2014 Toyota Avalon Limited with every option. There is a clear winner in this comparison and it's the Ford by a country mile. In a word, it does almost EVERTHING better and more efficiently. We both drive these cars back to back on a daily basis. I will say the infotainment system (voice recognition) is much better on the Toyota, it has slightly more interior and trunk room, more comfy seats, and it has more luxury. Listing for $14,000 more than the Ford it has to win some battles. As for driving dynamics there is no comparison. The Fords rides smoother, quieter, handles better, has better steering feel, better brake feel, with sharper responses and shorter stopping distances. When the gas engine kicks in and out you cannot tell a thing on the Ford, it is the smoothest in and out of this class by a long shot. In the Avalon there is pronounced transmission whine and some hesitation. Keep in mind, the Ford uses lithium ion batteries, whereas the Toyota uses nickel cadium batteries. Ergonomics are a little better in the Ford, too. I really like the braking coach in my Fusion. Toyota does NOT have a braking coach, crucial in any hybrid, due to regenerative braking. I also like the way the doors fit into the dash on the Ford with a really integrated look, kind of like they are fused together. The Avalon could learn some lessons from Ford on how to build a proper hybrid. True, Toyota invented the Hybrid, but Ford has absolutely schooled Toyota here on how to build a benchmark sedan hybrid. Oh yes, gas mileage is close, but the Ford wins here, especially if you do more urban driving. And I love the capless gas tank in my Ford.

Ford?.Not your grandfather company

by Restaurant Guy from Irvine, CA on Fri Aug 01 2014

The last Ford I had was in 1975. Ford had their issues! When I was looking for a Hybrid I went to many dealerships. I chose the Ford Fusion SE Hybrid as the looks great, it is fully loaded and drives & preforms very well. The gas consumption compared to my BMW is about 40% of what I spend on gas. THANK YOU FORD!!

Amazing Mileage, Stylish and Price

by PatrickStarr from on Wed Mar 22 2017

I owned a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid. This car looks awesome and drives even better. A family member drives a Mercedes and the connectivity/electronics in my car work much, much better then in hers. Plus, I've never had a mechanical issue. Things I love about this car: - KEYLESS START/ENTRY - WINTER WARRIOR: I drove it in Wisconsin for 2 years and I never had an issue, even going up hills. HEATED SEATS and REMOTE STARTER are huge in the colder months. - EFFICIENT: The car is rated 44 MPG city and 41 MPG highway. I've gotten a little less than that (37 - 41 MPG)

Love my Fusion Hybrid

by MrKyle from Carmel, IN on Sun Apr 16 2017

I had never owned a Ford before purchasing this Fusion Hybrid. After research online and comparing the Honda Accord Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid, I made my decision. This car has been very reliable. It performs well during all seasons, even the snowy winters. The interior and exterior styling are great. People get in and say, "this is a ford?" I love this car.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a June 2014 Ford audit of this car's stated mileage.

Editor's note: This review was written in January 2013 about the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid has an advantage over some hybrids: The non-hybrid on which it's based is a great-driving sedan with a quiet interior and composed ride quality — traits that make the hybrid also pleasant to drive.

Unlike other hybrids, the Fusion doesn't scream, "Look at me, I'm a hybrid!" In fact, it doesn't look... Read More