2005 Mustang

4.2 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

A decent car for the money

by MustangFanatic from on July 11, 2010

In my plucky mind, I think that when buying this vehicle , you get a lot of car in relation to the amount of money you have to spend on it including service, maintenance, insurance, etc. It has almost everything you would desire in a sporty car. From fancy stereo systems to vividl colorful leather interiors, this car will meet your demands. The styling is also very well thought through and accomplished. The bodywork is not too "look at me" ostentatious, but is sportily subtle and not to extravagant concerning the attention factor. The engine pulls vary smoothly through all the gears even on an automatic transmission. Although the motor might be a tad too underpowered it provides still right amounts of torque to deliver that sports car feeling. In all, the '05 Mustang is a very good buy. I hope this review will be useful and I hope I made your decision to buy or not buy this car easier.

Style, Speed, and "Sure footed"

by Mustang Sally from Bend, OR on October 29, 2012

My first Mustang was a '67 so, when Ford unveiled this 40th anniversary retro look - I bought my first new car. Mine had every option from the neon color changeable dash lights to the chrome lug nut covers on the pony alloy wheels in the premium V6 sports package. This car hugged the road in sharp curves, accelerated quickly & easily and steered with a light, yet responsive touch. A dream to drive, to ride in and to own. The leather interior and door striping added elegance, but that low, muscle car growl really gives the power punch! In town driving of 19 mpg and 22+ on hwy makes this car affordable to drive. Can't touch this baby for a comparable package of affordable, reliable, power, style, and fun.

2005 Mustang

by Loving my Mustang in Reno, NV from Reno, NV on September 26, 2011

I bought my Mustang in April of 2007 and it has been the best car we have ever had. Other than oil changes, one new battery and a small part that cracked on the thermostat, this car has never let us down. Not only does it look great and we get compliments on it all the time, it is a comfortable ride, and even the 6 cylinders have enough power to get you where you want to go in a hurry. I would recommend this car to anyone. I am a fan of the 2005-2009 body style however. I don't like the new look they came out with for the rear end in 2010, but I would not hesitate to get another Mustang.

Kids

by 67WANAB from Chester, SC on June 2, 2011

My kids are fighting over who gets my 05 convertible Mustang if something ever happens to me.(I kinda think they are hoping). I will have it till the end. Best car I have ever purchased.

Great Car, But....

by MustangMatt from Melbourne, FL on January 16, 2014

Great car overall. Bought it with 76k on it and it runs beautifully. Only downfall is the small things. The paint does chip easily and the interior needs some primping. But than again is your buying this car for a Honda fit & finish than you shouldnt be looking at a mustang. I love my pony because it is a basic body and featured car with a rock solid engine. yes the gas mileage is annoying but overall a great mustang and awesome looking ride. if your a car buyer with a million points to check out and question before buying a car dont buy this car. but if you want an honest american muscle car with little flaws, get it.

best muscle car for your money

by drew from san antonio on October 6, 2011

I've owned the car for only 5 months so to for reliability I have no clue but for the rest the car is great for proformace comfort. Dash rattles when you floor it. That means they used cheap material. Amazing comfort and gas milage is decent. I enjoy the car.

My Dream Car...well sorta

by First Time Mustang Owner from Dallas, Texas on October 28, 2009

I love my mustang. I mean ideally i would LOVE the original american muscle, but this works for me. Beggers cant be choosers. (even more so when you're basically poor) This is my first car that i am paying for. The only problems I have had is water leaks which were attributed to the front getting clogged with leaves. Too bad when i took this to the dealership they could not figure this out. i had to take it to a private mechanic. most of the problems i've had with this car have been with the dealership not the car itself. i love this car. I did get the V6 mainly because i have no where to go ina hurry, and figured i did not need anything else to add to my insurance as young as i am. I still love it. I however was very disappointed on how small the back seat was. Thinking about having a family, but not sure that a car seat would fit back there. (No, I did not expect it to be a huge back seat or anything like that) That was kinda a set back. Also, I wish it had more cup holders. Once I get 2 people in the car everyone else can forget about their cups being held. Hold em yourself. Aside from that i am completely happy with my mustang and would recommend this car, except to moms and moms to be!

12-Years / 135K Miles - Still Performing!

by Kirk from South Louisiana on June 20, 2017

Original owner - after 12-years and nearly 135,000 miles driven, car has never disappointed me. Vehicle has been quite dependable with mostly regularly scheduled maintenance / repairs done. Engine & drivetrain continues to perform flawlessly - normal wheel and suspension work needed around 100K miles. Interior (seats, dash) still in good condition. Unanticipated: About a year-ago, clear coat on front & rear bumper started flaking off and aluminum hood beginning to have a couple spots where paint is "bubbling up" due to oxidation under paint. Note: Majority of miles are highway (long-distance) trips.

Great Car

by Mustang Enthusiast from Gulfport, MS on September 12, 2010

2008 is a Great car. My 2005 mustang v6 had to have a new transmission at 60,00 miles then had electrical problems sold it at 120,000 miles. But I have to say I loved to drive it.

GREAT MAKEOVER FOR MUSTANG!!

by DesertBloom from Lake Havasu City, AZ on May 27, 2010

Everywhere I drive I see Mustangs! These are great little cars! The power is amazing for a six cylinder! Pretty decent gas mileage too, on average I get 25mpg, on the hwy close to 30mpg. This is a very solid feeling car, really tight steering, awesome handling! Love the 3 way seat adjusting feature. It is definitely a singles' car, backseat's pretty tight. One other feature I really like is the back seat folds down, really comes in handy sometimes. Great road trip car, smooth riding.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11