1989 Ford Ranger

92 ranger

by from vista on January 10, 2010

i have had my ranger for many years and have had no problems. my dad got the truck for me when i was 16 and was in love. when i got my license the truck started to die. i started my project there. i wanted something that i could go out and jump and go fast in. So i started fabing up roll cages and parts so i could get money. i took welding classes so i could get better. i put a mechtech lsi and 4in byepass shocks frount and rear and 3.0in coilovers in frount and read. it was Featured in February 2010 OFF-ROAD Magazine. but because of money problems i haft to let it go Featured in February 2010 OFF-ROAD Magazine

nice little fun truck

by from winkler manitoba on February 8, 2015

i loved my ranger. it's a nice little fun truck with a nice look. had no major issues and if something was wrong i could fix it myself most of the time cause it's just so simple

Ford Ranger 1989

by from Sandy, OR on November 13, 2009

I bought my ranger for 300 dollars it had a lot of problems but ive fixed everything and she runs like a champ. befor I owned this I owned a 1967 F-250 so pushing the ranger to its limits was a given. I loaded it with firewood and I came down the mountain and stopped on the scales, surprisingly I had 1,750 lbs loaded in what I thought was a light duty half ton. My ranger is a 1989 4X4 XLT, its an extended cab and has a 2in lift. its got a 5spd tranny and a 2.9liter engine. I am very pleased with the performance of the rig, of course it aint the workhorse as an F-250 is but what can you expect from a small sized pickup. I would congratulate who ever built the 4 wheel drive of that truck becuase it is amazing, it has a lot of low end raw pulling power in 4 wheel low, I pulled out a 1978 3/4 ton 4X4 GMC with the lil ranger so it does have power. I would recomend this truck to any one who already has a full sized work truck and needs a truck that can at least pull its own weight in a working situation.

Uses car for Off-roading

87-89 ranger

by from on May 6, 2011

my ranger was always a project. I find that if you are willing to do constant maintanance on the vehicle, it will treat you well. I find the rangers to be the most comfortable vehicle on the planet. I wouldnt trade mine in for anything.

Our Expert Review: 1989 Ford Ranger