2011 Ford Ranger

CLEAN RANGER

by from EL PASO,TX on September 2, 2017

PERFECT TRUCK FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO SAVE GAS AND STILL HAVE A TRUCK, LOVE THE CAMPER SHELL AND THE WAY IT HANDLES
Not Rated Reliability

Perfect size .

by from Puyallup ,WA on August 29, 2017

I bought this truck to save on gas and milage on my other vehicle, it was a very good decision. I work an hour away in horrible traffic and have not had any problems.

It's sad to see them go.

by from Ledbetter, KY on August 18, 2017

This truck does the job. You have plenty of bed space, and enough interior room with the regular, or extended cab. The interior is not too fancy, but I think its pretty nice. A lot of people complain about the small seats in the back on the extended cab being cramped, or oddly placed. However, you have to consider that this IS a truck. It was not mainly meant for passenger transport. That's what a car is for. I think the setup is still much better than those double cab trucks people like to drive these days with a pathetic short bed. The engine and transmission are smooth, with plenty of power. I can't really say how it is at towing, as I have never towed a trailer with it. It does have a good tow rating though.

Perfect size, stylish, smooth transmission, but

by from Lafayette, Louisiana on June 22, 2017

Yes, Ford Ranger is the perfect size for elder folks who prefer to load/off-load cargo without needing a stepladder to access cargo bed. Ranger looks good, performs well...BUT...if you opt for the V6...be prepared to experience a rough idle, especially while sitting in stop/go gridlock. Might be because this engine has 3 timing chains in the 4X2 configuration, plus an additional if you opt for the fourXfour powertrain. Drives me nutz! I bought my Ranger with less than 7000 miles on it, and suspect it was traded in for just that reason. BTW: I've sold cars/trucks for nearly 30 years in the retail arena...and have investigated the rough idle situation thoroughly. My mileage is within EPA guidelines, my emissions read correctly...so Ford sez learn to live with it. The idle problem only effects the 4.0 powerplants last re-design, as my 4.0 in my older Exploror has no such problem. Other than the idle...I couldn't be more pleased.

Has been a good truck

by from on May 13, 2017

Happy with my ranger. First ford I have bought. Don't regret the purchase. Thanks to cars.com for helping me find this truck. Will use them again to find my wife her next car.

James Boyle

by from on April 25, 2017

Bought a used ranger from TAJ Auto Mall in Bethlehem. Made the car buying experience easy and stress free. Did not feel cheated.

Looks good and drives as expected

by from Burns Harbor Indiana on April 22, 2017

Nice for a small truck. I do not understand why they no longer offer this size as a new vehicle. Perfect for so many tasks.

Good truck

by from Washington, Dc on March 11, 2017

Only downside it was 2wd, I had the work Truck. I use to put snow in the bed to get traction. Easy to clean though overall good truck

Great truck. Wish I could buy another new one.

by from Ontario Canada on January 30, 2017

I purchased my 2011 Ranger Sport 4x4 new in 2010. It's just the right size for what I need. The 4x4 system is the easiest I've ever used (I've owned several 4 wheel drives in the past). The front wheels can be engaged from the driver's seat at any speed. The truck has pushed through bumper deep snow without no problem. The interior is comfortable and roomy, good for an 800 kilometer day with no kinks or cramps at the end of the day. All controls and switches fall easily to hand. I have one complaint about the wipers. Ford has the wipers sweep 3 times when the window washer is used, then after a few second pause they make a courtesy sweep. On the highway, this simply smears the windshield again. The dealership says the feature can't be disabled without reprogramming the computer. For repairs, I've had to replace both catalytic converters (under warranty), and replace the front wheel bearings (after warranty expired). The 4 liter engine and manual tranny have performed flawlessly over a seven year span with nothing by regular maintenance. Mileage is a bit low in daily commutes around town, but not bad on the highway. If Ford still made Rangers, I'd buy another new one in a heartbeat. The F-series trucks are too big and clumsy for city use.

Ranger number 2. Love it even more than number 1.

by from Ct on December 5, 2016

Great small truck. New ones are getting way too big. economic and reliable. My wife loves driving the Ranger and I love its utility. KISS