2002 Ford Taurus

Good Solid Car

by from Oberlin, OH on November 24, 2009

I've owned this car for 7+ years, and driven it for 110,000 miles. It feels steady on the road and is very comfortable. The only things I've had to replace so far are the tires and battery. Great car!

LUVIN' IT

by from FT. SMITH, ARKANSAS on April 9, 2012

I BOUGHT A VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF 2002 FORD TAURUS WAGON..HAD IT FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS NOW. REPLACED A MOTOR MOUNT, BOUGHT 4 NEW TIRES AND AN OIL CHANGE IT HAS 126K ON IT AND I AM LOVIN' IT

It's a Tank

by from Michigan on February 27, 2012

It's govenor limited to 110 MPH and moves well on the highway. Great gas milage for a large car. I got the SES 2002 in 2008 with 120,000 on the O. As of today it has 226,100 miles on it and it's still running strong. I've had a starter go out on me a few months ago. I replaced a battery last year. The power steering pump died at about 190,000. I've had a few minor part issues, but this thing has only left me stranded once out of all those miles. I've got a small rust spot over the rear wheel that just showed up this winter, other than that it looks great. Overall I'd have to say this is a well built car! Just put synthetic oil in there and do the regular maintainance and it shouldn't give you much in the way of problems unless it wasn't taken care of by a previous owner. I'm going to run this car until it dies and I really think I can get over 300k out of it before that happens (I do a lot of highway miles).

Great Metal for the Money

by from Va. on January 7, 2008

I bought my '02 SEL Wagon new and today turned over 92k. Yes, there have been a few minor mechanical problems, but nothing costly, out of the ordinary, or unexpected. My wagon has the base Vulcan engine, which is not a stellar performer, but certainly capable and mileage is acceptable. The car will cruise effortlessly on the turnpike all day @ 70+ and return 26-28 MPG. Auto climate control is great and is truely "set and forget" comfort all year round. When I trade, it will be for the new Taurus, which I have driven are REALLY like.

the ONLY sedan I could ever like enough to buy

by from Sherwood, Ohio on March 2, 2013

First: I have always driven vans or station wagons, I detest a sedan with a trunk. Second: We were in a tight financial situation and we bought this particular car because of low price & excellent condition. Not what I was looking for but my husband insisted it was too good to pass up. I got a moon roof, white leather electronically adjustable seats, cd changer in the trunk, fin on the back, no rust, 6 cylinder with 108,000 miles for 4600.00. How many times do you find an 8 year old car that nice for that price? I bought it in August. In October we took a road trip and drove it 800 miles in 5 days and it did not give me a single problem. It was flawless until it got really cold out. I don't know whether the problem is with Taurus cars in general or just my car, but the heat is lacking. It never really gets hot enough inside the car to suit me, and it has trouble with humidity on the windshield sometimes, then we have to crack the windows for about 10 seconds and it clears right up. All I have had to do to is change the oil. I do plan to get that heat thing checked out. The trunk is enormous and it really could seat 5 comfortably.

Hope to kepp this car going

by from raciine,wi. on January 26, 2012

This is the 3rd Taurus I have nad .They are a goodcar for older people,because of thier reliability. Plan to get another whrn the time is right. Thanks for happy driving.

"D" pendable

by from Dallas, TX on October 25, 2011

I bought my 2002 in 2003. It is the best car I have owned so far. I usually buy used and keep up the regular maintenance, this car just won't let me down. I've got 134,000miles on it. I've had to do the regular minor repairs, nothing expensive. Tires, battery, alternator. My heater just went out, so I will be fixing that next. Overall , the best money I have ever spent on anything... Plus, it STILL LOOKS GOOD.

This is a great Car!!

by from Topeka, KS on September 11, 2006

I own the SES model and I think that this car, is very comfortable and drives really smooth, Also the gas mileage is great on this model, with the fuel-flex engine. I would reccomend this car to anyone!!!

A great car for the money

by from New Orleans, LA on August 15, 2006

My wife and I puchased our Taurus with approximately 21K miles, and have since put on about 40K more. Thar car has been great, especially considering the price we paid for it. We have driven cross country three times, and found it to be very capable. The seats are firm and supportive, and there is an astonishing amount of interior room (I am 6'7" and fit comfortably.) The ride is soft, and road noise is not pronounced. The trunk is a cavern, and we have had no major mechanical problems. Here are the downsides: the Vulcan engine could use more horsepower, and the hard plastic on the dash looks rather cheap, although everything is well-placed. The Taurus has rear drum brakes, so performance is not the best. Also, the stock Continental tires are the worst I have ever owned. If you buy a Taurus, replace them as soon as possible (two recommended models are the Yokohama Avid Touring and Fuzion HRi.) Overall, this is a great car at a great price. After all, where else can you buy a dependable almost new vehicle for that price?

Actually surprising for a Ford

by from Columbus, OH (Truly New Albany, maling address) on June 20, 2006

I just bought a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL about a month ago with somewhere around 62,000 miles on it, and truly it's a nice car! I bought it used from a Ford dealer although, this was not a certified vehicle therefore, I get no warranty! I bought the vehicle looking for something rather slow and boring but since I have been driving it now for awhile, it kinda surprises me that it's rather quick and handles really well and better than I thought it would. I am a fast driver who is generally taking corners much quicker than most people, quicker than most crazy teenagers, and being only 20 years old and male gets me into a lot of immature incidents and things, but the car is doing well! I have put about 3,000 miles on it in the first month as it now has about 65,000 miles on it, and the things is doing well! I found it to be a lot nicer than I thought it would be! I have the SEL which is the nicest model and it has a ton of options (especially for a Ford)! I have such things as leather, Mach audio system with a 6 disc (unfortunately in the center console which is annoying but it's cool), and it also has the upgraded 24 valve 200 HP 3.0 liter engine! I am getting better gas mileage than I should although I am trying to slow down on my road rage, and it's a nice car to drive! I did a trip the other day through Ohio where I live, and it was about 200 miles... It had a lot of hills and curves so a lot of fluctuation of speed (not traditionally good for gas mileage). I kept the speeds somewhere between 65 and 85 almost the entire way and got 32 MPG! Not too bad being I EPA Estimates are 19 and 26 (city and highway respectively) and I thought for the size of car that was good! But I like it and would reccomend it to those who think it has nothing cause it's rather nice~

Similar Models