2010 Ford Taurus

love the SHO

by from Woodstock, IL on August 23, 2017

After driving a Nissan for 4 years i traded to a ford wasn't too sure about it at first but after doing some research online i went with a Taurus SHO. If you want the power and the handling of a sports car and still have the room for friends or family this is nice vehicle. love the MPG on the highway manage to reach 31mpg. Made sure i got the extended warranty from Ford saved me from several major issues including a new engine. Aside from the issues i really enjoy driving the car especially with the ecoboost.

Uses car for Havingfun

Largest Car Ever owned and very Roomy

by from Charlotte, NC on August 20, 2017

The Ford Taurus is the largest car i have ever owned. I'm 5'10'' an i can stretch out fully without my feet touching the pedals and hands touching the back seat. Now that's a lot of room. Seating in the driver seat is pretty snug tight. But it gives you that racing type feel. Power to ratio is on point. It moves fast without having to slow down or keep car from maneuvering into other lanes. Its a large, quick, and comfortable car. And its more appealing then the impala.

Most reliable car I've owned

by from Tampa florida on August 14, 2017

The car meet all my needs looks great me it's new .do issues A car ght combine safety nd quality

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great car

by from Cibolo, TX on August 4, 2017

Good gas mileage, interior comfort and great reliability. I use this car to travel to work everyday and haven't had a problem.

Reliable car / update model

by from Tampa florida on August 4, 2017

Great car , safety . Clean , excellent condition same body look as new version Great for work ,family or college , it has Bluetooth ,leather and powered seats etc .. it's a first class car

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Love!

by from Kinston NC on July 27, 2017

This car has literally been a great car. It worked for my husband who had back surgery by sitting higher than other were you feel you are climbing out. I have the limited and all the amenities are at your fingertips so you can keep your eyes on the road. It has 140k miles and still rides and performs like new!

Best value for the money so far

by from Platteville, WI on July 6, 2017

This car delivers as promised, and in some cases exceeds what is advertised. It is roomy in both the front and back seats, comfortable, handles well, and gets better MPG than advertised. Got the "Limited" model, and it comes with more luxuries than most other higher-end cars, at half the cost.

nicest car i have ever owned

by from GARRETT IND. on June 27, 2017

rides and drives great. Great gas mileage one of the best cars i have owned. I would tell every one to own one of these cars .

I love this car

by from Harrison ohio on June 23, 2017

It turned out better than I expected.the heated and ac seats with a massager were great.very roomy to transport three children.this is a heavy car and this makes me feel safer.

Best vehicle I have owned

by from Murrieta, CA on May 26, 2017

I have a 2010 SHO. I bought it used with 40k mi. This is the top of the line Taurus. Leather and suede seats with cooling and heating in the front and heating for the back. The front seats also have message functions for your back and your bottom... really nice to use during long trips. Very comfortable and very quite... No wind noise at all. The car is very stable even when very windy... you cant feel the wind... only notice that the trees are bent at a 45? angle at their tips... the car is pretty nimble considering it weighs over 2 tons! The SHO has only a V6 with a twin turbo, but it outperforms many competitors with V8s including both Dodge Challenger and Charger R/T. Maybe the steering could give a better feedback when cornering at high speed (but maybe when I was turning doing 90mph with a posted 50 could be the reason .... ). The car has paddle shifters that are pretty responsive considering the tranny doesn't have a twin clutch. This vehicle is a true pleasure to drive slow or fast. For the size and power it gets great gas mileage and it does totally fine with 87 octane. In the city I average 18mpg, combined about 20-22mpg (depending on what mood my right foot is in) and on the hwy going from Riverside, CA to Las Vegas using the adaptive cruise control set at 80mph I averaged 27.5mpg given by the on board computer which very closely matched my calculations (filled up before leaving and filled up again when I arrived in Vegas). Let me add that we were 4 adults with luggage! The car has 365hp but if that's not enough for the power hungry, with a few upgrades (2-3 grand at most) your SHO can have in the neighborhood of 500hp! If that's still not enough... well... don't know what to tell You! In 8 months I put 21k miles on my baby and it drives exactly the same. The only problem I have, which is covered by my extended warranty, is that the computer at times glitches giving me messages that the back up sensor is faulty or that I am unable to use my cruise control because the sensor on the radar is blocked. Restarting the car will reset the computer and everything goes back to normal. The traction with wet pavement is incredible! I apologise for being all over the map, but I pressed for time. To conclude this "small" book, I highly recommend the Taurus SHO for the enthusiast driver or any driver who enjoys comfort, power and lots of amenities !

Our Expert Review: 2010 Ford Taurus