2012 Ford Taurus

I owned 5 ford TAURUS vehicles, none better

by from Jamestown, New York on August 16, 2017

Not only did I think this vehicle was great, but my whole family loved it. Every one wanted to drive it, borrow it. A short while back we decided to trade for a luxury auto, different make. The new vehicle is OK, but when it is time, we will go back to the ford TAURUS.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

LOVE LOVE This Car!!!!

by from Georgia on August 9, 2017

This car gets great gas mileage. The sound system rocks and you have plenty of room to stretch your legs. Drives amazing and floats over the road. The truck is big enough for Black Friday shopping for you and your friends....Now that's big.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Known quality purchase

by from Austin, Tx on May 30, 2017

This car is fantastic. This is the 2nd Taurus that we've owned as a family. The first one was a 95 that we had all the way up until 2013. Put 380K miles on it before we gave it to a family friend who needed a car. This year, we decided to buy another car for our family, and there was no hesitation about what we were going to get. We got another Taurus. For the money, there is no better car. I'm a big guy, 6'6" and have big shoulders, and the Taurus fits me comfortably. This car is well appointed, and is a true drivers sedan. I'm not going to lie and say it will compete with a BMW 5 series, or an S Class Mercedes, or even the Caddilac CTS-V. However, with the NA 6 under the hood, and the optional all wheel drive that mine has, it really gets up and goes. It's no slouch. It likes the twisty's as much as the straights, and it rides velvet smooth on long road trips. As I said, it can't compete with the high end sedans, but where those cost $45K or more even used, my Taurus only ran $11K for a 4 year old one with low miles. Even at my height, the interior is roomy enough for 4 full sized adults to sit comfortably, 5 if you want to put one in the middle of the back seat. But road trips is where this car really, really shines. Not only is it comfortable for long trips, but because the trunk is HUGE, you don't have to pack the cabin with travel gear. When I say this trunk is HUGE, I'm not kidding. Recently, I went on a solo camping trip, and my tent got ripped up in a storm. I decided to crawl into the trunk and sleep there, and I did so. It wasn't super comfortable, but I had far more room that I would have in another 4 door sedan. Hands down, best value for the money in a large sedan.

2012 Taurus

by from Sterling ill on April 18, 2017

The horn and whindshild washers stoped working at the same time. I can't check fuse or do anything because it can realise the airbags. And the car has only 21,000 miles on the car.

SHO with all options

by from WI on March 28, 2017

Fast for the price. Not an Audi. It is as big as a SUV without the space. Looks huge compared to my A6 4.2. The Audi even 8 years older and 80k more miles is still more refined

Nice Car!

by from IOWA on November 23, 2016

I really like most everything about this car, its so quiet, love the way it handles. Wind noise is virtually none, road noise is a little more noticeable, plenty of power., a joy to drive. Drivers seat and area is a little confined, but I still like the car and its styling. If you were a large person, it may too confining. Test drive before you buy! Unlike others in previous posts that traded it in after a month or what ever.....seriously, they did not look the car over before purchasing.

Best Deal I have ever seen!

by from Indianapolis, Indiana on August 29, 2014

The guys over at Xtreme Motors in Indianapolis are really great people! Not only did they help me get into a car with great deals, they gave me a safe, reliable, and great looking car that I knew I could count on. The honesty of their company is such that I will not forget, and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car that not only drives well but is in great shape also. If you are looking for comfort, power, and top of the line everything, you can find it in a Ford Taurus, and you can go to Xtreme Motors in Indy to get it.

Comfort and Value

by from Augusta, GA on October 29, 2013

Smooth and quiet the SEL I found online had only 18k miles on it, a clean CarFax, one owner and well maintained. I love the keyless push button start and entry system and the Sync system plays well on the Sony speakers from an 8 gig thumbdrive. The V6 has sufficent power to pass in freeway traffic and still gets an overall 21 MPG on regular gas city/highway. Mine has the red color with tan leather interior, heated power seats and seats five with ease. The huge trunk is perfect for a foursome to go golfing. If you want comfort, handling and a sable ride in a less expensive sedan put the later model Taurus's on you list.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by from Flushing, MI on February 6, 2013

Based on reviews, my wife and I were all set to purchase a Fusion. After we test drove the vehicle, we were drawn to a Taurus sitting nearby on the lot. We decided to take a test drive and found it far exceeded the comfort and room the Fusion offered. All for just several thousand more dollars. I now have 33,000 miles on it and just love it. It's so quiet you cant hear the engine running. So comfortable you don't notice your traveling on Michigan roadways. With the extras that came with the vehicle, you're basically driving a Lincoln MKZ at a much lower cost. If Ford doesn't upset the technology of this vehicle, they'll have a winner for many years to come.

Traded after 3 weeks.

by from on January 27, 2013

Cramped driver area. Inconvenient controls. Very fast. I hoped it would get better as I got used to driving it. It did not. After 3 weeks and 1000 miles I traded it for a Lincoln Town Car.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Ford Taurus