Read or write a review.

3.0
Average based on 1 review

love my tempo

by from Kane PA on March 28, 2012

The cream colored 1989 Ford Tempo was my first car. I got it from my great grandmother with a mear 23,000 miles on it when i turned 16 for $250. It definatly turns some heads and sparks some conversations. It's not the fastes, loudest (except for when the muffler fell off), or sportiest car in the world but if you treat it with the respect it deserves it'll take good care of you. It gets a little over 25 mpg and with proper maitanance it will last forever. It has a 4 cyl. engine putting out 98 horses, front wheel drive, automatic, and to top it off it has automatic seat belts (love them or hate them). I've had mine in some situations where i didn't think it would make it out of but it suprises me time and time again. The only thing wrong with mine is that i hit a deer with it and the hood and front left quarter pannel are a little dented and i had to get a blue grill because its kind of hard to find a 89 tempo grill in 2012. Other than that i've grown verry attatched to my little car and everybody in town knows its me when i drive past.

Our Expert Review: 1989 Ford Tempo