1989 Geo Metro

1989 Geo Metro

by from Hurricane, ut. on July 21, 2008

I bought it new in 1989. It now has 219,000 mile on it. It has had a new clutch, water pump, alternator, front brakes. It has had all the hoses and bests replaced many times. Other than that it has been trouble free. It is now our daily driver because of high gas prices! It gets between 46 and 50 mph, consistantly. It uses approx 1 qt of oil every 3000 miles. It still gets serviced every 3000 miles. It doesn't have any oil leaks. There are some things wearing out, like struts, and shock. I wouldn't want to try and drive it from here to new york, but for short trips, and around town It's still a great little car.

Runs forever for cheap

by from CA on March 27, 2007

I'm still driving this car, great gas mileage. But it is so old now that I need a new one. This car is roomy inside for such a small vehicle. I wish they were back on the market, I'd get another.