2013 Sierra 1500

4.2 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Impressive, but a bit pricey for what it is

by canucklehead from Okanagan, BC, Canada (western canada) on January 27, 2013

i just purchased a 2013 gmc sierra 1500 sle crewcab shortbox 4x4 Very nice truck, right off the bat i could tell that they spent a lot more time in the quality control department being post recession.The 5.3l seems to have far more power then my 2005 sierra 1500 crewcab. The main reason i am very happy with this truck is that they FINALLY went away from torsion bar front suspention to the coil over shock (strut) it has a much tighter ride then the last body style. The transfer case looks far more substantial then the apsolutely horrible NP246 auto trac T. Case that was a major issue with the previous gen. the only real negetive I can think of is the crew cab seems tighter or narrower then my old 2005 was and the seats definetely arent as comfortable. also in my opinion fog lights should be standard in all models especially with an msrp of $45,140. overall good truck and i cant wait to tow with it to see the difference, ive added a bug deflector, vent visors and 3" nerf s.s nerf bars and all i am going to modify further is a levelling kit, and boxliner.

Perfect Truck

by TruckBuyer from Newnan, Ga on February 2, 2013

I bought the 2013 GMC Crew Cab and it's by far the best truck I have ever owned. It rides good and is an attention getter.

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Ext Cab

by LarryT from Watonga, OK on March 22, 2014

I got a great deal on a V8 4WD pickup. I have one slight complaint. After about 6 years in production for this body style, why couldn't GM make the passenger side wiper blade stay in complete contact with the windshield at all times? Mine is hanging off the windshield at the outer end about 2.5 inches. It causes the wiper to streak from wind at highway speeds until the wiper finally catches full contact about 1/4 the way up. I saw where GM fixed this for the 2014 model year by installing a completely flat windshield that works way better with the newly designed wiper blades. Other than that, just a little more CCA's in the factory battery would be nice. I have no other complaints about my truck. Very happy with all the features and most all of the design.

A great ruck for a great price

by Truck user from Suburbs North of Chicago (Northshore) on January 21, 2014

Couldnot believe the truck when I went top see it. 7,400 miles, looked like it came out of the showroom. The price was just as impressive. doesn't hurt to buy a trruck in January when sales are slow so the dealer met my price

Great Truck I Love It

by Roger from St. Louis, MO on January 11, 2014

II wanted a great looking truck but was not going to pay 30.000+ so I placed an order. Fire Red with the Work Truck Plus Package that includes Fog Lamps Chrome Grill & Wheels. The 4.3 does the job for me, if you give it a kick in the gas it will get up & go & it has a nice deep exhaust note. The ride is nice & smooth. No squeaks or rattles My only complaint is the hard plastic door panels & dash but I choose to go cheap.I

Uses car for Towing

Great Trucks from GMC

by Used GMC Buyer from Southern Maine on March 24, 2018

I needed to replace my reliable 175K mile 15 year old 2003 SLE Sierra so I stayed with what I knew, a 5 year old 2013 Sierra with 50K on it. Great trucks, and the 2013 have great new toys and features, I did not know what I was missing out on - backup camera, auto parking, the bluetooth, etc.. The 5.3L V8 is smooth, and the truck drives like a car ( its a Z71 too) - hoping to keep this one going for 15 years like the 03, the way its built and runs, there should be little problem. If you maintain and care for these trucks they keep their value and worth for a long long time.

A bargain

by Dvdman from Wichita kansas on September 12, 2013

The Internet is the best way to shop. I drove 180 miles to save $7000. I could not believe the bargain I had found. Seems like Oklahoma and Texas have the better deals.

Good truck for the money

by Rick from NY on August 20, 2013

I just purchased one of the last of the 2013 GMC 1500 5.3 Z71 extended cabs. The incentives and discounts lowered the prices almost $12k. I like the way it rides, and drives. It feels solid. The dash ergonomics are good. The fit and finish are excellent. The fuel economy is about the same as the 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 I traded in on it. The acceleration is good as is, but I am going to tune it and add a couple of bolt ons to give it more, and to disable the AFM. Overall, I am pleased with it, and hope it serves me well.

Love my GMC Trucks!

by Team Hefner from Orlando, FL on July 21, 2013

I'm the current owner of 2 GMC Sierras. The 2013 with the z60 package honestly has to be hands down the smoothest riding pickup I've ever driven. The standard v8 motor responds well, and makes driving down the highway an easy feat. The a/c is impressive - my truck is a crew cab and although I was sad to see no rear air vents, the master air condition blows ice cold very quickly to cool down the entire cabin space.

On going issues with design flaws

by Ben from Regina Sask Canada on April 6, 2018

GM has a design flaw in the transmission lines which require replacement every 2 or so years in cold enviromments. Dealers have told me the connectors were not made to withstand continual cold winters. Most common repair on this truck and not a warranty item interestingly enough.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4