2012 Yukon XL

2012 GMC Yukon XL

2012 GMC Yukon XL

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2012 GMC Yukon XL?

Good Large SUV

by json67 from Oyster Bay, New York on Mon Dec 24 2012

I bought this vehicle used. It had 18,000 miles and was driven by the GM of the dealership where I purhcased. I tell people if I had Donald Trump's money I would still by used. I feel I saved a little over $10,000.00 by not buying brand new. I get all the new car warranties including the 5 year / 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. This is my second GMC Yukon XL Denali. Last vehicle (2008) was a Cadillac Escalade ESV. The Escalade was nice but not worth the extra money. If you need a full size SUV the GMC Yukon XL Denali is buy far the best value.

Love my tricked out truck!

by K9 Tracker from Walnut Creek, CA on Mon Feb 20 2012

As a dog tracker, I carry a lot of gear. My GMC Envoy, which I loved, was just too small, particularly since I have a puppy on order. Also not enough road clearance for the back country roads I take. So moved up to the Yukon XL, SLT. All the bells and whistles. I love it. I built a cabinet for the back with two drawers for tools and gear, with space below for X-Pens and such, and two cages above. I can slide it back to put up the third row of seats, or forward to have room behind it. I got a 8,000 lb Warn winch (wasn't enough room in the Envoy to carry one). Wired the rig so I can put it into a hitch receiver either front or back. I have one remote by the driver's seat and another in the engine compartment to use outside. There is a platform in the engine compartment for a second battery. Not needing that, I used it for a platform for my brake controller for when I am towing the Yukon behind my motorhome. With regard to that, to tow flat, all four wheels on the ground, you must have four wheel drive with the two-speed transfer case (both 4 Hi and 4-Low). I found that most salesmen and even shop supervisors did not know that. I learned about it by trying to put a one-speed transfer case into neutral. The salesman turned to the shop supervisor, who checked it out. I educated a few! The absolutely only problem I have with the Yukon is that I often hit the lock button with the heel of my hand when I open the door. I am now more careful, and before I learned that the Yukon has a key with a chip, I got a copy made at Ace, which now lives in a magnetic key holder so I don't have to wait for On-Star.

Best ride out there!!!!

by Denali lover!! from Iowa on Tue Jan 22 2013

We have had 4 Yukon Denali's, a 2002, 2004, 2007, and a 2012, they are the best SUV out there by far. We have loved everyone of them. Great power, style, comfort, and not bad gas milage for the size. We would and have recommended the Denali to anyone!!!!!!!

Very comfortable

by KRender from Cleveland, Oh on Mon Jun 04 2018

I love this vehicle. Very spacious, awesome power. Buckets seats are awesome, dvd player with wireless headphones are a great addition. I can go on for hours about how much i love this truck. Best truck on the market, hands down.

These are great

by Russell from Champaign county Illinois on Fri May 26 2017

There is no substitute for a Yukon xl / suburban I've owned five different generations of them. All around best thing for a large family.

My 2012 GMC Yukon XL

by Edgardo (Eggie) Estrada from Penscola, FL on Mon May 29 2017

Just purchase my 2012 Yukon XL and I am extremely happy I did. It is the roomiest vehicle we have owned. It has plenty of room to carry nine adults comfortably and a large amount of cargo space behind the third roll of sets. The vehicle information panel location is well thought out allowing easy access to vehicle information. We are extremely happy with our purchase! drives and rides extremely smooth.

The best family hauler ever

by Russ from Champaign county Illinois on Fri Jun 16 2017

Massive room for people and cargo. Has great comfort and power. Towing capacity is also important to our family be it a trailer load of atv's or a boat or a camper. This cuts all kinds of mustard. We should know we've owned the last 4 generations of Yukon/suburban.

FOUND WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR AT THE RIGHT PRICE

by MURRIETA DAD from Murrieta, CA on Mon Mar 16 2015

Thanks to Cars.com we found the car we were looking for. Spent a few days looking and spent many hours talking with sales people. The wife and kids are happy and safe so that means I did my job.

Buying a used truck

by Ruth Foy from Foxlake il on Thu Feb 08 2018

I think it a great truck and I’m happy we bought the truck. It was a fast process and great Customer service.

Biggest family vehicle ever

by Cobra281 from Lubbock, TX on Fri Oct 20 2017

Huge, luxury SUV at it's best with many options to entertain both driver and family. It will turn heads every where.

1 2

Our Take on the 2012 GMC Yukon XL

The 2012 GMC Yukon XL combines room and capability like few SUVs can, but unless you're getting the high-line Denali trim, it's hard to see why you wouldn't pick its cheaper twin, the Chevrolet Suburban.

The Yukon XL is GMC's version of the Suburban (compare them here) and it gets a few updates for 2012. As its name suggests, the Yukon XL is an extension of the shorter Yukon; it's also related to the Chevrolet Tahoe, as well as Cadillac's Escalade family. It's GMC's largest SUV, and it competes with the Ford Expedition EL and Toyota Sequoia.

Variants include the half-ton Yukon XL 1500 and the three-quarter-ton Yukon XL 2500. Trims are the base SLE, midlevel SLT and top-of-the-line Denali (1500 only... Read More