1989 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

4.2
Average based on 5 reviews

1989 Honda LX Accord, Automatic, all power

by from Winchester, Va. on October 22, 2013

What a GREAT car. Over 300,000 original miles. Still runs every day. Only general, repairs like, tires, battery, alternator, exhaust & brakes, timing belt one time, oil changes, spark plugs. I do my own repairs. Had small front main seal leak, but Bars Main Seal Conditioner took care of that. Super reliable, had it since 2002, it`s now fall of 2013. Automatic transmission. CV boots replaced 2 times. Best $1,800 I ever spent. 31 mpg on the road. Everything still works, even the power windows & automatic door locks. Cloth seats still look great for 300,000 miles. How can you beat it ? City taxes are only $7.50 a year, the heck with a new car & high dollar resale loss, & high city taxes. Buy one, you`ll Love it for reliability. Tom , Winchester, Va.

Excellent First Car

by from Rochester, MN on May 18, 2009

Car being reviewed it the 1989 Honda Accord SE-i automatic. I purchased this car a two years ago for fairly cheap and it has been excellent for the money. The previous owner had not taken the best care of it and the leather seats were slightly ripped and the car smelled thickly of cigarettes. As far as repairs go I have only had to replace the battery, brakes, and tires which I don't think is that bad for the price I got it for and it's age. It had about 175,000 miles on it. Now it is at 208,000 and still going strong.

First Manual Transmission Ive Owned

by from Canada on August 20, 2008

I got this Accord for really cheap from a family friend. It was the first manual transmission ive ever owned, so I went through clutches like crazy until, like riding a bike, I mastered the manual.

great car!

by from pennsylvania poconos on November 1, 2011

I've had this car since new . . . bought it in August 1989. It just goes and goes. 538,000 miles! Still gets 30+ mpg, uses only a little oil (drips) . . . original engine, clutch and transmission, too! Honda . . . please re-make the '89, best car ever made IMO. Rocketman

honda are reliable car

by from on November 21, 2008

i like the way honda drives and i have owned honda before never majoer problem with it i had it for about 9 years and i tred it in with high trade in value