1996 Honda Accord

Great car, good mileage

by from Vancouver, WA on September 17, 2017

This car is great for what it is. I have never had a problem with the engine or transmission and I'm well over $140,000 miles.

Reliable yet flimsy

by on August 31, 2017

The vehicle had plenty of power with the 2.2 l 130 hp 4cyl engine. Engine known to last 300 + thousand miles. Paint peel after aging, clear coat. Master cylinder needed replaced with more durable cast iron verses aluminum original, common problem on older Hondas. Very flimsy materials used, steering rack, ball joints, steering rods damaged from ceramic brake pad use on rotors designed for semi metallic or organic pads. Very flimsy interior parts and bumpers, vehicle totaled after 5 mph collision, broken fibreglass bumper support and trunk damage, bumpers are 2 1/2 mph bumpers compared to 5 mph bumpers used on Toyotas and other manufacturers.

Wagon is a good work car

by from Nyc on May 7, 2017

I bought mine with 89k was good car slowly the new York City roads pounded it it now has 168k. Parts are cheap the car is easy to work on. First To go was cassette player. Then the hatch auto door lock went out which some kids jimmied the passenger outside key lock the first week I owned it . The result has been trouble with locks and power windows. The CV boots usually don't last more than 6 months. The flex pipe on the exhaust has been replaced twice this is issue with all cars. It heats up and salt water detetiorates this part. The electric cooling fan was not working eventually stopped. But not before replacing the radiator and thermostat. The automatic transmission is prone to fail after 150k. Replacing it was $800 parts and labor not too badly beaten up on that. There is also an issue with the starter key switch, examining mine it can be cleaned the contacts get dirt and debris results in pitting and slag. I choose to buy after market on internet which was lost in the mail for 3 weeks.

very reliable

by from north bend oregon on April 23, 2017

Great on gas and drives assome rebuilt motor 80,000 miles. Would be great car for someone having to drive long ways to work

Honda accord

by from ROCKFORD on April 22, 2017

Good car just don't personally like a two door. This car has been a great runner. Very easy to fix. Los of room for the size.

Great car and reliable too!

by from Utah on April 12, 2017

I love this great little car. Ours has 250,000+ miles on it and still running great. We bought the car used and have never had any serious maintenance issues. It handles great on both inner city and highways. We would definitely purchase another one again.

u dont have to turn on the red lights

by from fresno ca. on August 5, 2014

I've work on Hondas for 20 yrs. n I drive a 1996 Honda acc. ex best car I've ever had my wife is going to buy a new car good luck if its not a Honda she's on her own

Amazing

by from Virginia on July 29, 2014

I got this car from my dad about 3 years ago with about 140K Miles on it. I now have 205K miles and it still runs like a champ. The only things that have been replaced is the clutch fly wheel and a radiator. All I do is regular oil changes and just did the first transmission flush. Still runs great. Great car, going to run this thing till it blows up.

One of the Best car ever made

by from Boca Raton FL on August 8, 2013

I bought my 1996 Accord EX in 2006 at 115K now it has 180K only thing I had to replace is Radiator. It is sturdy, styled ahead of its Time, still blends in with today's cars on the road. Never had any trouble and still drives almost like new car. If I keep maintaining the way I have been I am sure one day it will be one of the oldest running car on the road.

Works even "without gas"

by from Newark on March 7, 2013

"Works even without gas" was a joke I heard when I was looking for a car and I brought my prospective Honda 96 to a mechanic to check if it was in good condition. Nowadays I feel like this was not quite a joke, since this car performs so well that sometimes even very little gas keeps it on until I find a gas station. My friends who also have Hondas usually say the same: "Next one will also be a Honda". I was never let down by my Honda Accord 96 and I am satisfied for having that as my first car ever!

Our Expert Review: 1996 Honda Accord