2019 Honda Accord Hybrid consumer reviews

$25,320 starting MSRP
side view of 2019 Accord Hybrid Honda
Explore the 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid
Shop the 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid

Great city mileage, not so great highway mileage

I mostly drive highway, 35mpg average. Easy to get 50mpg in the city. The OEM tires are dangerous in rain. I dumped them the first month after hydroplaning at 55mph in light rain. It was a frightening 45 mile commute, while everyone was flying by me and I couldn't maintain the speed limit. 20k trouble free miles. Average 35mpg. Good power and handling.

It was a good car but we needed a change

My husband loved this car, it was really hard to get in and out especially for an older person for sure. Other than that it was a good car.

4.4

great car but gets no where near 48 MPG.

This car so far has been a very good car. The only complaint I have is the gas milage. I only average 36-39 MPG combined driving and have over 18,000 miles on the car so far. Not anywhere near the 48 MPG that is listed.

2.7

TERRIBLE mileage on this car!

False advertising on mileage! I am getting ONLY 30 mpg, mostly city driving. This is not even close to the 48 they advertise. Sooooo disappointed!

3.9

False gas mileage claims

We drove it for over 120 miles. We babied it the whole way the best we could get was 35 - 36 mpg. The 48 mpg is a false claim. My wife has a 19 hybrid also she can average around 38 if she babies the car

3.1

48 MPG on sticker is misrepresented!

Bought the car for the mileage - thought the gas/hybrid model would deliver over 40MPG - but after 1 year of driving - never exceeded 38MPG. Drive mostly in city - some HWY but really disappointed in the mileage and the fact the sticker is misleading!!

Fun to drive fuel efficient car!

I have a 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid ExL that has done about 142,000 miles and it has been a great car thus far. It is fuel efficient (as long as you drive it fuel efficiently) and yet it is peppy, thanks to its 200 HP Electric + ICE Hybrid system. Now because it has a more powerful engine than the Toyota Prius, it is definitely fun to drive but you have to drive conservatively for it to give you good/ advertised MPG. My average MPG overall in city with moderate to faster (not completely fast) driving is around 32 to 36 MPG and I get 40 to 46 MPG with cruise set on 65MPH, but I used to get 50+on the highway and 58 MPG being the best I got on highway with cruise set at 55 MPH. Off the red light, it is one of the fastest accelerating cars along with your Tesla's and the obviously more powerful cars, thanks to the instant torque from the electric engine, but doing this would reduce the efficiency to 20-26 MPG.

3.3

a great 1st 15,000 mi....all down hill from there

The first 15,000 miles i was getting 52-55 miles / gallon hi-way. Just under 750 mi. per tank of gas!! Since then, mileage "tanked"- now getting 39-41 mpg and declining. Now getting less than 600 miles to a tank of gas! Dealer cannot figure out what happened. Ownership started out ecstatic... now, Very disappointed.

My wallet loves it!

I replaced a V8 Mercedes CLS with the 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid. People asked me if I’ve lost my mind but it was quite the contrary. The Accord is obviously no match for a car which was 3.5 times the price when it comes to luxury or driving however it cannot be beaten from a number of standpoints. 1) Cost of operation - this is a clear winner for your cash flow. Owning this car saved me $550 a month in gas, insurance and reduction in car payment. That’s basically like getting a 2nd Accord for FREE! My wallet is very happy. 2) Very reliable - to be expected from Honda. On my 3rd year of ownership, nothing to do but normal scheduled maintenance. (Bought the 2019 model in 2018). 3) Spacious - reason why I chose the Accord was because I needed a full size sedan but also wanted it to be a hybrid. Prius and other options were simply too small of a car for me and my family’s needs. Overall amazing bang for the buck! You really do get a lot for your money. Highly recommend the upgraded steering wheel (heated) for the cold climates. Only negative are the tires. They’re high energy efficiency meaning they don’t corner very well AND they don’t do well in all 4 seasons. Sacrifice a few MPGs for your safety and get different tires on that car.

2.7

Is ok car strunggling drive up to the hill & noice

Tmnot feel safe drive hinda accord 3019 without spare tire not the tire kit. Especially for women who drive the hybrid sccotd 2019. Can Honda ecplain why the car no spare tire