Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Civic

2012 Honda Civic

2012 Honda Civic

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda Civic?

Overall Excellent Car

by Murph from Munster, Indiana 46321 on Fri Sep 21 2012

GREAT CAR - Some what sluggish though when taking turns. It seems to miss somewhat and I don't know why.

First Time Honda Owner

by Civic Owner from Orlando, FL on Fri Aug 10 2012

I looked at all the competitors too...Focus, Elantra, Corolla, Sentra. We wanted a Focus, but at the time the SE with automatic was in the $19,000+ range. Didn't want to pay that much. I usually research everything, and I did on price but not so much the reviews. Had I read the reviews on the 2012 Civic probably wouldn't have purchased. Yet...I don't see what all the "hate" is about. I don't think the interior is inferior...most all the competitors have hard plastic. The carpet could be better but I can live with it. The exterior design isn't "hot" or "wow" but it's not butt ugly either. I wanted reliability. A car that would last. I bought the Civic because of Honda's reputation for mechanical quality. I only have 1600 miles and I've had no problems--I hope that continues. I wish it had more horsepower but I was looking for a car that got good gas mileage. It has the best a/c of any car I've owned. Yes, it has some flaws but as long as it is mechanically sound and lasts long term--I'll be happy.

Love This Car!

by Honda Lover from NC on Mon Jan 16 2012

I recieved a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX for my first car back in July. I test drove the Volvo C30 and Ford Edge, although not direct competitors, and didn't care much for them. I decided to only test drive the Civic due to the fact i really didn't care much for the competition, and was shocked at the fact how much i loved it after driving two other cars nearly $10k more than this one. Although not a sports car, the Civic showed very nimble and peppy characteristics that were exactly what i wanted. I've learned not to pay attention to the negative reviews because I simply don't agree w/ them. I absolutely love this car and wouldn't trade it for the world. I will most definately be buying a Honda/Acura product for my next car.

Awesome car@

by Handsome Harold from Hopewell, VA on Mon Nov 21 2011

My wife just bought a 2012 civic 4 door. we took it to Maryland for a trip and it averaged 41 mpg! Its got good power and its comfy. all we buy is Hondas and never had issues with any of them.

2012 Civic

by Paul from 06513 on Thu Jan 10 2013

Complaints: Noisy could be better sound proofed, the USB audio system only syncs with Apple, Lots of plastic in interior but thats not so bad, The ECON option get me an average of 2 miles per gallon LESS when it should be more. I had a 1998 Accord LX, I thought fourteen years later the civic would be a better car than a 14 year old Accord in all aspects, but it's not the case. I wish I test drove a Hyundai Elantra, I like the styling better and the interior seems a bit more polished but I chickened out and went for reliability

Does not recommend this car!!

good deal

by teacher from north carolina on Mon Sep 10 2012

love my honda civic great gas mileage 38+ mpg best decision: to upgrade on leather interior best feature: a chime repeats when your headlights are still on after exiting vehicle l never thought I'd use cruise control, but I love it missing: " where do I put my trash "

'12 civic

by ------- from upstate NY on Fri Feb 22 2013

great car; passengers keep asking if its an accord as its roomy in the back. very happy. have has it 2 months and have >5000 mi on it already. does well in the snow too.

AMAZING!

by BK from Overland Park, KS on Thu Apr 19 2012

This car is absolutely amazing really surprised me i definitely would recommend this to anyone wanting to buy a new car. Fantastic job Honda.

Great Year End Civic Price and Value

by ejje007 from Saint Augustine, Florida on Tue Oct 09 2012

It's always frustrating buying a car but not at my Honda Dealer, they made it a great experience. Never able to afford Hondas or Toyotas always over msrp prices until now, so timing was great. Don't listen to informational car magazines, this is a great little car. I love the star wars type dash board graphics. So just got it but hands down now and trade time in 2016 I'm sure it will be an excellent value. So far I love it!!

mr

by bip from manassas. va on Wed Dec 26 2012

overall a nice car, when you are parking you can not see , over the dashboard how much space you need, and secondly the back seat is not a split in case you need to carry some thing long the whole backrest flips over and no room to seat

Our Take on the 2012 Honda Civic

Sport-compact enthusiasts, I have some bad news: Make a sign, bang some drums, occupy the local auto mall.

The 2012 Honda Civic Si has gone soft.

The Honda Civic's performance version has been around since 1985, and the nameplate's ninth-generation redesign gets the largest Civic engine ever. While it scoots with newfound power and gets better gas mileage, the high-rev pizzazz and handling poise that gave the Si such unique appeal — even as its competitors got faster — are gone. The ninth-generation Honda Civic chose comfort over dynamics, and too much of that rubbed off on the Si.

This review details the Civic Si, which comes as a coupe or sedan with a six-speed... Read More