2017 Honda Civic

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Civic EX-T Coupe with manual transmission

by GL1 from Carmel, IN on April 24, 2017

I am an old dinosaur to car dealers. I like two doors and three pedals. Been a long time Honda fan, and when the newly designed Civic came out last year I was happy to see that they went back to what Soichiro Honda would have liked. Ok, they no longer make it simple, but the new Civic is a friendly, eager to please coupe as Mr Honda liked. I wound up buying a 2017 Civic EX-T Coupe with a 6 speed manual transmission. The new Civic might be called overly styled, but I really like it, and the interior is comfortable and quiet for a Civic. The transmission is Honda perfect with that excellent shift feel that Honda manuals are famous for. Still breaking the car in (yes some say it doesn't need it, but read that dinosaur thing) so I can't vouch for it's acceleration, but even during break in as I do it, the car is very quick compared to all previous Civics I have owned except for the Si versions. About the only issue is the seemingly complicated touch screen which controls virtually everything, but there is so many ways to personalize the car, sometimes complicated is ok when the results are a car that is set to my likes. Overall I am very happy with my new Civic.