2006 Civic Hybrid

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

perfect!!!

by peace from pensacola, fl on October 5, 2010

My parents bought me this car so that I can travel comfortably between college and home. It is more than I could have ever dreamed. I've had the car for well over a year now, and so far it has had no maintenance problems. It drives so smoothly and so quietly, it kind of creeps up on people! I only get gas about twice a month and it only costs $30 to fill up. The AC and heater cool down and heat up almost instantly. My family came to visit a few weekends ago and the five of us fit comfortably in the car, no squishing! The front seats sort of hug you in a way which is nice. In other cars it's easy for me to speed without realizing it but this car does quite the opposite and I don't have to worry about getting tickets. The only thing I don't like is that when the gas light comes on it doesn't beep so I have to keep my eye on it. Otherwise, this car is perfect perfect perfect and I can't imagine driving anything else!

Best car I have ever owned

by Scottcom from Hubertus, WI (metro Milwaukee) on November 12, 2014

I bought my 06' Civic Hybrid with 32K miles. I dive a lot for work and now 5 years later I have 167,500 miles on it! It has been almost flawless and I have put very little in repairs. I average about 48 mpg. at times in the right conditions I get 53-55 mpg! I highly recommend this vehicle.

good reliable commuter's car

by w from NJ on November 24, 2006

One serious electrical problem. took 4 days to replace the fuse box. 16K miles by now. 43.7 average mpg for 92 ml daily commute. do not believe who says the hybrid car wont be economical. bought in Jan 2006 for total $23,500 w/options: fog lamps, mad guards and autodimming mirror. 50% real life fuel economy against civic gx ($22,700 my coworker drove from dealership in May) gives $1300 per year per 20K miles on reg. fuel, plus $2100 tax credit for the first year total is +$2600.

Great Vehicle for the Money

by brosoren from on June 24, 2017

My civic has been a reliable car for a lot of years. The hybrid gas mileage is really not that great, to what they are supposed to be. From what I've experienced this car is reliable and very quiet. The interior is awesome and has a lot of features already built in. Overall good car

Great commuter car

by Vince in LA from Los Angeles, CA on August 13, 2009

I have owned this car for 3 years now and I have no major complaints. It's very sporty looking and it's small enough to get in and out of tight parking spaces. My commuter fuel economy ranges from 30-37 in mixed highway and city driving - all on regular unleaded gas! It has made a weird "thunk" sound the few times that I've had to slam on the brakes - causing me to worry that something isn't bolted onto the frame properly. Also, the performance can be quite lackluster at times, especially when trying to accelerate away from a stop on a steep upward slope. Occasionally, the battery level drops to almost no charge, for no apparent reason, and the gasoline engine really has to work hard to provide the desired power. Other than those nits, the car is great, and I'd definitely buy it again.

Cheap reliable hybrid

by MitchieD from Sarasota,fl on April 22, 2017

Have been driving this car for 8 years. Hybrid battery needed replaced just under 10 year 90kmile mark (covered under warranty). Auto stop and go is kind of clunky at times. Besides that, great cheap hybrid. 39-40mpg mainly city.

Most Reliable Economical Car I've Owned

by Diane K. from Detroit MI on October 21, 2017

I'm amazed at the small amount I spent for repairs on this car compared to other cars I've owned. There was only one time it didn't start. Always got between 42-49 MPG. It comfortably seats 4 and has plenty of trunk room. When it had over 200,000 miles on it last winter it was driven from Houghton Michigan to Austin Texas round trip. At 230,000 miles finally traded it in for a newer year, same model.

Very reliable car

by Spectre99 from Chicago,IL on January 18, 2018

The car is very reliable and gonna keep it that way and I'll be looking forward to my next hybrid or fuel efficient gas car.

GREAT

by VAL from LORETTO on March 19, 2018

great car. great mpg. looks good . 4 door excellent on the road, ok in the snow. o lots of room for smaller car, good radio

Terrific value for the money

by Scottcom99 from Milwaukee, WI on September 22, 2009

I'm a sales rep who dirves 35K / yr. Bought my 06' for $16,000 in 4/09 with 27K on it. The gas milage meter has taught me how to get better milage. So far I have driven a little over 1oK miles and have averaged 51.8mpg! I have checked the "actual" mpg twice and found I get about 2mpg more than the milage meter shows. I couldn't be much more please so far. Performance is a bit slow, but I bought it for great, reliable gas milage and so far it has delivered more than I expected.

1 2 3