2007 Civic Hybrid

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

3.9

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid?

A Great First Car

by Rayvan95 from PInckney, MI on Mon Mar 13 2017

I purchased my 2007 civic hybrid with 170,000 miles five years ago. Since then I have put another 97,000 miles on the car and have honestly driven it quite vigorously and most often the car is in sports mode. With that said I can proudly say that I have never had a single problem with the car. If properly maintained this car will run smoothly for at least the first 300,000 miles. The interior is very unique and functional, the digital speedometer also sets the interior apart and is much more visually enjoyable to observe. Most of the small repairs and maintenance I can do myself and are usually pretty cheap. I could continue to praise this car and how well it has served me. All of this combined with the great gas mileage and safety rating makes this a perfect first car or daily commuter.

Fun to drive and gets great mileage

by Sox Fan from Boston, MA on Thu Sep 13 2007

I bought my '07 Civic Hybrid in April and have already put $12,000 miles on it. I have been getting 46-54 mpg consistently. I get the best gas mileage when the weather is very hot for some reason, and the rain seems to make the mpg drop. For everyone who is having problems getting the advertised mpg, I would recommend accelerating slower when you first start from a stop. It doesn't have to be a drastic change from your usual driving style, just a slight one. Also, if you're driving in traffic, try to anticipate when traffic stops and instead of continuing to accelerate and then braking at the last minute, give yourself enough space between you and the car in front of you, take your foot off the gas, and let the car coast. This reduces your gas usage and is easier on your brakes. Also, try to maintain a fairly consistent speed. But I wouldn't recommend using the cruise control for highway driving, because the car can't detect that a hill is coming like you can and it ends up using more gas. Another tip is to use the AC as little as possible because that reduces your mpg no matter how you're driving.

Mileage is a plus, cool design, little maintenance

by First-time Hybrid Owner from Colorado Springs, CO on Thu Jul 15 2010

My Honda Civic Hybrid is the new 2006+ design; styling is what drew me to this particular hybrid. Upon reviewing the first year of the updated version on the road, I found that the Civic Hybrid was the second-best-for-mileage hybrid currently available...and that is pretty good! You can easily average tank of gas at 500 miles or more; however, you need to understand that the car will react to how you drive it to obtain high mileage. Don't gun it...don't speed. It's only a 4-cyl engine, but at the same time, driving at 75mph on the highway is a breeze and you don't feel any work coming from the vehicle. The CVT transmission is smooth. One thing, though: if you are at a stop light and the Idle AutoStop feature has been activated, every now and then when you let up on the brake pedal so the ICE can kick in again, sometimes you may feel a small lurch...not of movement, but just a physical feeling that the gas engine took a breath again. I'm amazed that in over 3.5 years of ownership, I've only ever had do deal with oil changes, which last for longer spans between changes compared to what other vehicles may suggest. The car fits 5 adults quite comfortably; I've done many a trip with a full car. Trunk space is quite adequate (2 large suitcases & 2 small suitcases easy), but don't look for a pass-thru: the back seat does not fold down due to the location of the vehicle's self-charging/regenerating battery pack. On a hot day, you may feel the A/C working slower, conversely feeling that the car is slower -- it's only from using extra battery power to start moving from a stop while helping to power other components. That said, interior and exterior styling is contemporary, modern and look high-tech. Plastics do not look cheap; everything is solidly built in. The Civic Hybrid appears classy, competing with the looks of many other luxury cars on the road today. I purchased the model that included the built-in navigation unit, which has saved me money & maintenance on hand-held units and also saved me from many unknown locations I've found myself in. The 2009 model year offered additional options such as leather seats (heated front) and bluetooth connectivity. Overall, I have been very happy with the Honda Civic Hybrid. If you research & understand it well, then the car will sell itself to you.

Great Looking Car with Decent Performance

by Mike from Annapolis, MD on Sun May 05 2013

I was instantly drawn to 2006-2011 Civic for its great look, inside and out. The design car out seven years ago and still looks sharper, better than warm-over, more recent Civic. My friend had a 2006 Civic and I loved the way the speedometer and interior looked. So when my 2005 Scion xB was totaled, I decided to give it a shot. I wanted a hybrid for the excellent fuel economy, so I narrowed my search down to between the Civic Hybrid and Toyota Prius. Obviously, the Civic won out. Firstly, what I like most about my Civic is the excellent looking interior, with the futuristic speedometer, AUX port located right where you want it for playing music, and the Navy blue seats and two-tone dashboard. I also like the somewhat dorky looking hubcaps. My average MPGs fall between 35 and 40, depending on how much highway driving I do and if I use the A/C or heater. Highway driving is smooth and predictable. On the negative side, the hybrid powertrain appears unrefined at times. On occasion, the car will tend to jerk forward if i press the gas pedal right after releasing the brake. Although this isn't a huge deal, it can become annoying at times. Also, I can never quite find the sweet spot when adjusting my seat. Finally, oil changes have more than doubled for me since losing my Scion and now cost around $85 on average for the hybrid's synthetic oil. Although this isn't a perfect car, it is still a good car and has not given me any issues thus far. In hindsight, I wish I went for another boxy car because I miss the room my xB gave me. However, it's antiquated 4-speed transmission and obtrusive shape could not help it match the fuel economy of my Civic. Although the Civic doesn't achieve the 50mpg it first claimed, it is still a great car and I am happy with my purchase.

A great car, but below expectations

by tenabena from Boise, ID on Wed Dec 08 2010

I love my 2007 Civic Hybrid, just bought it with 27,000 miles on it. It runs very smoothly and the mileage has been very good, not quite the 49-51 mpg that were advertised, but far better than a gas-only vehicle. Then when the cold weather hit us harder than usual and earlier than usual, my mpg dropped significantly, down to 25ish depending on whether I have to warm the vehicle much before driving. Disappointing, but understandable. Overall, I'm still extremely satisfied with my purchase. No surprise, Honda comes through again.

Honda?s faulty engine block left us stranded

by Melsbee from Manteca, CA on Thu Jul 26 2018

I bought this car used in 2009. I have loved it for almost 10 years. I took great care of it, and performed all the maintenance required, which was minimal. However, last week the engine block cracked out of nowhere and destroyed the engine. There was no warning, and we were left stranded on the freeway waiting for a tow truck. Come to find out, Honda Civic models 2006-09 have a known manufacturing defect in the engine block. Honda admitted this problem and extended the warranty on this part to 10 years. This is exactly what broke on my car, but because it is just out of warranty, Honda will not replace it. I am so disappointed and frustrated. The repairs will cost more than the car is worth. I think a company this big should be able to give a lifetime warranty when it is aware of a design flaw on its part. There was nothing I could have done to keep it from happening, and that is a scary feeling. I was not aware of the problem and extended warranty, but even if I was, should I have sold my car to someone once the warranty expired and put their lives in danger? It is sad that Honda is letting these cars stay on the road and they don?t mind putting customers lives at risk. I am so sad. I have loved my Honda, but I will never be able to buy another in good faith. DO NOT BUY A 2006-2009 HONDA CIVIC unless the engine block has been replaced.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very nice to drive even with 162,000 miles on it

by Dan the Man from Torrington CT on Sun Mar 18 2018

I love the gauges. Nice set up. It does sit a little low but it is very efficient. The only bad thing is the back seat does not fold down because of the battery. I am very happy with it and bought it with 161,000 miles on it and seem like there is still a lot of life left.

Will last you until your wrinkles have wrinkles!

by Miss Sarah from South St. Paul on Fri Jan 12 2018

This car will last you or your family an incredibly long time. Everyone in my family has one and they don't ever die! Big fan.

Works Great for me!

by Bad Bob from Lodi CA on Sun Nov 16 2008

I have actually been very pleasantly surprised by this car. I routinely get 45-49 on the highway but about 40 in the city. I feel safe in it and I actually like the split display and especially how it is lit a night.

Great Car

by HondaOwner1 from Virginia on Sat Aug 05 2017

It is a very good reliable car. Ours has almost 200,000 miles and has only had one major issue. A little after 100,000 miles the hybrid battery failed. The car stills works fine without it and stills gets okay fuel economy. If you buy one used then the hybrid battery is not worth it. Other than that it is a great reliable car.

1 2 3 4