2009 Civic Hybrid

$259 - $14,015  MSRP Range
2009 Honda Civic Hybrid

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid?

Three year old hybrid - pretty reliable

by Hybrid Extremist from Centerport, NY on Sun Jun 07 2009

I am very pleased with the performance of my hybrid. I have had two mechanical problems with my hybrid; one, the power windows which was fixed while under warranty and two, the wiper motor just went bad. I had to pay $200.00 to fix that. I now have 60,000 miles on my hybrid and hope to keep going another 140,000 or seven years. Hybrid is good in snow and hasn't needed much maintenance. I routinely have the oil changed. The auto-stop does not function in the rain or when the defroster is on. Honda service not reliable, I now use a local repair shop for minor maintenance.

Life of IMA battery

by Tom Deen from Sri Lanka on Wed Jul 08 2015

I have been using this car since August 2011, has done only 55,000 km. At the mileage of 45,000 km IMA light started appearing and continues. Battery gets fully charged within a few km and at times it goes off but soon at appears, indicating the charge holding capacity of the big battery is gone. I am interested to know whether this car could be run with only 1.3 l engine with the IMA battery removed from the car. Will any one help me with this question?

Great car for the price

by Happy Honda Owner from Nampa, ID on Mon Jul 13 2009

We have owned the 09 Civic Hybrid since 10/08. Great car, we did ALOT of price and driving comparisons before buying. Definitely believe this was the best car for the price.

Very reliable car

by elportoed from Hermosa Beach, CA on Tue Apr 03 2018

I own this car for almost 9 years now since it was new. It's been a daily driver. It's very reliable, never have any mechanical issues. But I always keep up with the maintenance. I got very good mileage from this car, for it being a hybrid. It is comfortable and roomy inside carrying 4 adults without issues.

Drives like a golf cart.

by MarisaR on Mon Oct 09 2017

Way less mpg than advertised. Hybrid battery went out earlier than anticipated. Drives like a golf cart! Actually, I think a golf cart may accelerate better...

Does not recommend this car!!

Maintenance free, safe, 40 mpg!

by HeidiHondaHeart from BELMONT, NC on Thu May 31 2018

I bought this 2009 in 2012. 37-40 mpg! I have replaced the tires twice and done regular maintenance but that's it. I have had zero issues with this amazing car! This engine runs strong and always starts the first time. I've always felt safe, comfortable and worry free while driving it. I am sure this car will continue going for a very long time. Her paint still glistens after its washed. The interior has held up very well with no fading on the dashboard or armrests like I've seen in other cars if the same age, or newer.

Not a lot of maintenance required with this car!

by Heidiy from Charlotte, NC on Tue Feb 13 2018

My first hybrid and it has been an awesome one! I average 37 MPG for a 2009 sedan. I have had very little maintenance with this car aside from replacing the oil every 3K miles and the tires every few years. I did replace one of the sensors for one of the tires a few years ago. The airbag was recalled last year so I went to the dealer to have it changed out for free. This car has served me extremely well for commuting, traveling, through two winters back in MA before I moved south.

Happy Driving Honda --Again

by paulette858 from San Diego, CA on Thu Sep 14 2017

After driving a non-Honda into the ground during the 15 years I had it, I needed to replace it with something completely reliable, affordable, comfortable, and presentable. Although I didn't have the cash or credit to buy a new or late model car at this time, I found a 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid that matched my requirements perfectly. Since I had owned a brand new Honda many years ago, kept it a long time, loved driving it, and knew Honda's reputation to be as good as it is, I had no reservations that this 2009 car was a good match for me. I've been loving driving it ever since. I'm likely to keep it awhile, too, since I know I can get a whole lot more life out of it, as well as the best mileage I've ever had from any car I've owned!

Incredible gas mileage. Terrific car!

by AnnD from Winchester, KY on Mon Oct 09 2017

I bought this 2009 Honda Civic Hybrid new in 2010. The gas mileage is amazing! I routinely get 53 mpg and have gotten as much as 56 mpg a few times. The only complaint I have about this car is that the interior lights don't come on automatically when you open the driver's door. I don't like getting into a completely dark car at night. Other than that, this car is wonderful. It has a huge trunk too.

Great Car for the Value

by HappyStudent from Catskills of NY on Mon Jun 01 2009

I recently got this car last week. I have to say it's an amazing car for the value. It's a great car for traveling the distance to college and commuting to summer classes. I love not having to stop by the gas station so often. The headrests are slightly uncomfortable, and the trunk isn't the largest, but that's insignificant in the overall package. This little car zips right along whether it's the highway or the winding country road. If you're even slightly interested in a hybrid, I would definitely recommend this one. I looked into the insight, prius and the civic hybrid and I have to say I couldn't be happier with my decision. Good Luck with the Car Search.

1 2 3