2010 Honda Civic Hybrid

Honda lovers dream car

by from central FL on December 2, 2009

If you have ever owned a Honda, you probably bought another one. Honda is the best value for the money. For me, I fell in love with the Civic two cars ago, but this time I treated myself to the Hybrid. 40-45 mpg is not accurate, but conservative estimates. I average 45-55 mpg, and took a 500 mile road trip never stopping for gas. The more you drive your car, the better mileage you get, depending on your habits. The get up and go is smooth, but by no means a tire squeeler - which would defeat the hybrid purpose anyway. Sounds a little like a jet propulsion, which garners lots of attention. Inside is nearly identical to the regular Honda Civic, and for that I was a little bummed for the price difference, but let's be real, who in Florida wants leather, like the Accord model? Noted is the AC. This is the best air conditioning I have had in any car. Instant, very cold AC,in summer - and when I took it north, the heat was just as reliable and quick. Something to be said for the hybrid engine.

Very nice car

by from West Hazleton, PA on February 13, 2011

I have owned several more expensive cars, but this is the most comfortable and gets the best gas mileage by far. I got 50 mpg in the warmer periods in flat country. Now I live in the mountains and am getting 40 mpg in the nasty winter. Despite not being in a garage at all, it always starts and runs well, even when temperature is below zero. With ABS and traction control, it has handled the snow and ice very well.

Needs some help

by from Leesburg, Florida on September 9, 2011

My wife and I have owned 7 Hondas over the past 28 years and have been great Honda supporters, (children and friends have purchased Hondas on our advice). I purchased my first Honda Hybrid (a new 2010 Civic Hybrid with Nav) in January 2011 after taking it for an 75 mile test drive. It was Great!! (same comfort as the regular civic with 45.2 mpg). After 5 months of driving my dream car, I noticed that the battery monitor was acting different. At the end of the day the monitor would show almost full charge ) 6 to 7 bars; however, in the morning it would show 1 bar after driving for a few minutes and charge-assist indicator would indicate that the battery was spending most of the time charging with little to no assist being utilized. I took it to my local Honda Dealer where I purchase the car and they said that it needed a software update. This was accomplished and I drive it for an additional week with the same results as before the update. I took it back to the dealer and the service manager said that everything was fine (that it was acting normal) and they could do nothing until and IMA indicator light came on to indicate that there is a problem. When I told him about the decrease in mileage (5 months driving experience with average 42.5 mpg - now down to 35.5 mpg) he stated that the mileage was due to driving conditions and that Honda did not guarantee mileage. Since June I have been investigating problems with Honda's IMA and battery and have found many others with similar issues. I love Honda, but feel that there is a problem with their Hybrid Civic (maybe that's why the 2012's are suppose to have lithium batteries. I hope Honda can fix the problem because the Honda Hybrid Civic it Great in by book except for the IMA-battery Issue.

Definately underpriced - great deal!

by from on August 30, 2011

Safest, smooth riding, and reliable vehicle with all kinds of cool features - especially the Navigation so I don't get lost! Lots of trunk room and fits all my friends. Great value.

great economical and fun car

by from Colorado on April 22, 2011

The car performs well, is very comfortable, and the gas mileage has averaged 45 mpg. The dark grey paint and interior are beautiful.

Civic Hybrid

by from Honolulu, HI on April 8, 2014

Decided to write a review after having the car for a little while. I really enjoy driving and much prefer its styling, comfort, build quality, and performance to the 2nd generation prius. The only gripes I have are that the rear seats don't fold forward and that steep driveways and deep dips are this cars kryptonite. I have to consciously navigate any potentially treacherous terrain to not hear the horrid noise of the front from scraping concrete. Aside from these two faults the car is tough to beat.

Definitely Worth the Money

by from Beckley, WV on June 22, 2014

I have owned this vehicle for about a year and 20,000 miles. I have not have any issues other than the battery going out at about 27,000 miles. It was replaced by the dealer free of charge, though. Other than that this car has been a dream to own. On average I get around 38 39 MPG, but also live in a mountainous terrain. This vehicle is definitely worth the money!

Best Car for the Money

by from Virginia on September 21, 2011

Excellent value, extremely reliable, durable, and very safe. I have owned three Hondas and they are solid, reliable cars with very low cost of ownership and an excellent value. My advise is to buy a good used car and save money - the markup on new Hondas is too high.

Great Car

by from California on December 27, 2012

My IMA battery had to be replaced at 37,000 miles which according to Honda North Clovis, CA is a first for them. Guess I just got a lemon battery. They replaced it without cost. Great gas mileage.. my best was driving to Oregon this summer from central California. My trip average was 52.8 MPG!

solid buy

by from Northern VA on August 22, 2010

Just that. its a solid buy. Worth getting the bells and whistles if you can. Kind of fun to drive- though not my RX-7