2003 CR-V

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

MOST RELIABLE CAR ANYONE COULD OWN

by CRV SAVED MY LIFE TOO from St. Petersburg FL soon to be Texax on April 6, 2010

What can I say, not a SINGLE PROBLEM, other than routine maintenance. NONE, DID YOU HEAR NONE! I had 107,800 miles on it when some tourist blindly made a left turn without even stopping. He was hid by a bus and as if in a Sc-Fi movie, he was just there, HONESTLY, I had .002 seconds to react. I have never experienced anything like it in 59 years. Driving minutes from home, going 42mph in a 45 zone, looking straight ahead and "this car suddenly is there! THANK GOD FOR THE 3,400LB OF MY CRV, THE SOLID FRAME, ENGINE, AIRBAGS, ETC. My CRV moved 8 feet after impact, the other sedan moved 30 feet. I loved this car, 2003 was the best year per consumer digest, LOOK IT UP. I AM NOW LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BLUE 2003 CRV, I expected to get another 150,000 miles on this totaled one. At 59 I have owned a lot of cars, none were better built, had fewer problems, NONE, than this year, model. I have arthititus as well but have no problem stepping up in to my seat and love being higher than the sedan rental I have and seeing the road better. GIVE ME MY CRV BACK -- OR ONE THE SAME COLOR AND YEAR. if you own one, and sell it, you are throwing MOMEY $$$$ AWAY, if you have that much money to waste send it to me ddh

evaulate 03 CRV

by turkeylanefarm from Binghamton, NY on January 17, 2009

I have owned three of these, the 03 is much improved with the 5 speed automatic, amazeing power for a 4 cyl. dose have road noise, front seating a little tight if rear folded, Its all arround great vehicle, never had a bit of trouble with any of them, combined milage of over 200K, live in snow country, it goes right through the deep stuff.

Honda CR-V - Great Buy

by steveattahoe from Lake Tahoe, CA on February 1, 2012

Recently purchased a used 2003 Honda CR-V and so far am very pleased with all aspects of the car. The back seat has more room than my old 4Runner (according to my three kids) and handles great in the snow. I was a bit concerned with the snow, as I reside in the Tahoe area. So far it has not been a problem. The car is very comfortable and has been great.

Honda CR-V 2003

by L. Wright from Ann Arbor, MI on February 26, 2012

I love the look of this CR-V, and it drives like a dream. I enjoy being able to load things in the rear, and the rear door opens like a regular door. My family was please with the way it drives, the only problem that I have is the all wheel drive, and the cost of tires. I did not know you have to replace all four wheels whenever you need only one new tire. That part is not worth it.

My CR-V Rocks

by CRV Savior from Fishers, IN on November 29, 2012

I was just looking for a second car with 4-wheel drive to use on snow days, but now I drive this CR-V more than my expensive Sedan. It is not too big and not too small. Fuel economy is not so great but it is a 2003 model, so I don't expect it to be that economical.

very good car

by kentuckian in sw fla from Fort Myers, Fla on September 11, 2013

My wife bought her 2003 CR-V trading in a Jeep Grand Cherokee (1996) model. We have been very satisfied with the car. No Major problems air sensor was the only repair other than tires, brakes, oil changes. Today I had a tune-up for the first time in 10 years, (97,200 miles) The original spark plugs were still in good condition. Got 62,000 + on original tires. 90,000 + on brakes and they were still good, but I changes the brake pads out of caution. AC still works well even in SOWest Fla.

Awesome Family Car

by Karen, teacher and mother of teenagers from Bay Area, California on August 11, 2007

I needed to comfortably seat long-legged teenagers and their friends, AND separate bickering kids in the back seat--pull down drink container/kid separator is perfect. The back seats are so comfortable, I frequently wish I had a chauffeur. This car has taken us on many family trips very safely and comfortably, and holds luggage and coolers. Handles well in extreme weather conditions.

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

by Darling from BC, Canada on June 4, 2017

I have had many vehicles over the years, even though my CRV has high km's it has been and continues to be the best vehicle I have owned. For an SUV it is excellent of gas mileage, very spacious and exceptional for anyone with back problems as the seating and height of seats is perfect. I use to own a cute Volkswagan Golf and its terrible on the body. The CRV is great in all weather sun, rain & snow. Very few repairs needed in the past 6 years. Basic maintenance such as oil changes & brakes. The only fix Ive had to do is a new starter. But this took place at 235,000 km's. Iam VERY happy with my choice of vehicle. I can rely on it like no other vehicle Ive owned. I have to say HONDA seems to me to be a top of the line built machine that will last if you look after it. Ive owned an accord, civic & a prelude. All great vehicles. Avoid Volkswagan.

Prefer This Older Body Style

by DrivingMeCrazy from Cape Coral on October 25, 2017

Bought this 2003 for my daughter in 2014 w/90,000. Had to replace the engine within the first 9 months, as well as brakes, tires, shocks. Previous owner hadn't maintained it with care. The new engine has not taken away the shake that's been happening since we got it. May have been in an unrecorded accident as CARFAX reported none. All that being equal, I love how the door opens both ways, I love the sporty exterior, rack on top and toe hitch on the bottom. I like sitting up high and the seats are comforable. I love how the rear seats fold in twice to give optimal room. Have moved lots of stuff in this car. Also, drove from Northern to Southern Florida several times. Cruise control is lovely. Good highway miles (better than in city). Liked hers so much, I bought myself a new model......but I don't like the newer body style as much........mine looks more like a mini-van and this 2003 looks more like a guy car, maybe more like a Jeep.

Great car

by giantsfangirl on August 1, 2017

Very reliable and great in the snow. Perfect for new england weather. They keep telling me I will get at least 300,000 miles on this car. Lasts forever if you get regular oil changes

1 2 3 4 5