2011 CR-V

2011 Honda CR-V

2011 Honda CR-V

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Honda CR-V?

Nice Change from a Van

by Hot Rod Greg from Sheridan, AR on Mon Jan 17 2011

Love the GPS in the dash and the only negative I see is the headrest are a little bit uncomfortable and not in the least adjustable to be for comfort. This was a nice change from the Vans we had. Could use a little more leg room in the back seats. We added the wood trim inside that made it have the rich warm feel. Love the Sage Green color with the interior wood trim. Gas milage runs 28-30 mpg and we appreciate that. Over all, we love it!

Great car

by Dad from illinois on Mon Jan 14 2013

I test drove several small SUVs and settled on the CR-V for several reasons. It's a Honda, with a great track record of reliability and value. It drove better than the other vehicles I tried. It didn't feel like a tank -- nimbly and kind of fun. I was looking for a decent car with AWD that I can load up with stuff (kids, dogs, recyclables, etc.) that wasn't quite a minivan. This is it! It's not an exciting car, but it's the perfect car for my lifestyle. Not particularly macho, but that's doesn't bother me.

I love this car!

by Michele from Klamath Falls OR on Mon Oct 10 2011

I bought this car in August 2011. This is the second CR-V I've purchased and the 5th Honda I've owned in 30+ years. I wanted a car that got decent gas mileage, had 4 wheel drive, room for 5, leather seats and was very comfortable on long drives. I got everything I wanted and more for a very reasonable price! I also got a great sound system, a moon roof (I now love this feature) seat heaters (very important in the winter where I live in snow country) , and great options for storage in the back seat and tailgate area. I also have an option to plug in an ipod or mp3 player or a laptop (for the passenger). I have put 4000 miles on the car since August 5. I love the digital information in the center console! I am averaging 25 mpg...most of the time, I drive about 5 miles in the city back and forth to work. On long trips (900-1200 miles) I average 27 mpg. I have not used the 4 wheel drive feature yet since we haven't had snow yet but I am very happy with the car so far! The storage is good--cupholders are small in the front seat, but I can pack a ton of CDs and other stuff into the center console. The glove box is sufficient. The back end is big enough to put an extra large dog kennel in the back easily and two small dog kennels in the middle row:) I have a 90 lb. German Shepherd and two Yorkies, so room for my babies and all their stuff was important to me! I've driven a 4x4 pick up (Nissan Titan) for the past 6 years, and while I do miss my truck, I love the Honda CR-V! I have a very clear view from the front, sides and back and I have plenty of room and storage. It handles very well and has a great turning radius. I'm still getting used to the tight brakes! The front driver seat has lots of options for taller or shorter drivers. The XM feature is nice but I don't think I'll be spending $45 a month for it when the free trial is over. I highly recommend this car if you are looking for a small SUV that has a lot of room and great features at a very reasonable price.

SUPER PRACTICAL

by fastone from minnesota on Mon Apr 02 2012

Refinement is the bottom line here. The way this thing stops and goes and steers defines the difference between it and the competition. I came out of a 2 yr Pilot lease and at first was dissapointed in my decision. After driving for 10k miles I now appreciate the car for what it is. probably the most practiacal overall. Easy to park, good on gas, reasonalble cargo and passenger abilities and refined which most out there have many areas of shortcommings when compared to the Honda. The knock offs are cheaper and do look "nice" but that is about it. Not much different than comparing a fake purse to the real deal.

Very reliable small SUV

by Love Cars from Mpls., MN on Tue Sep 20 2011

Car is very reliable and a good value. I have had other small SUV's and what I don't care for is the transmissssion shift points when the air conditioning is on. Between 37 and 40 miles per hour you hit a really slow point in power and when you accaelerate it down shifts and roars up to 3700RPM, needs a little tweaking. The other annoying thing, the intermittent wipter is just one set point not variable, strange for this electronic age, maybe needs updating.

I see why this model is so popular!

by Maxz from Fairfax, VA on Wed Aug 19 2015

When my kids became old enough for us to switch from a minivan to a small SUV, I targeted CR-V and Subaru Forester. I ended up buying CR-V. No regret - it's a very practical vehicle. With comfortable seats and decent power to accelerate, CR-V is excellent for a long drive. Nice interior. Great view. Awesome fuel economy for an SUV. I recently had a round-trip from DC metro to Pittsburgh to Niagara Falls. Including city driving with frequent stops and idling, the overall MPG for the trip was stunning 30! My kids love the roomy back seats. I really have no complaint whatsoever. My wife also says that we could probably buy another CR-V when the next car shopping time comes.

A great car at a resonable price

by Charlie from Sumter, SC on Thu Apr 17 2014

I purchased this car with 36,400 miles on it. I had researched the CRV along with the RAV4, Ford Escape and Mazda. Consumer reports magazine rates it as the most comfortable riding car of this group and I concur completely! I purchased a CRV EX-L with Navigation and love it! I did put a new set of Michelin tires on it and it was well worth the $800. I spent. The car runs great, gets excellent gas mileage (28 or road, 22 in town approximately) has plenty of pep and an excellent turning radius. It rides like a car with a much longer wheel base! All in all I rate it as a 10 in all departments!!

Reliable in Any Kind of Weather

by bbvoodoo from Denver, CO on Sat Jul 09 2011

The CR-V has a reputation of holding value and quality of performance. I've been most impressed, however, with how well in handles in extreme conditions, such as blizzards and heavy rain. It handles extraordinarily and rides very smoothly. I've never driven a Honda on a regular basis but I can attest to the quality and value.

First time Honda owner

by Kimber from Strasburg, VA on Thu Feb 21 2013

I've been researching this car for months along with other models when I decided this would be the one. The performance, gas mileage, style and comfort has far exceeded my expectations.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by rootbear from Severna Park, MD on Sun Jul 27 2014

I searched for over 4 months for a replacement for my 1998 CR-V. The 2011 CR-V is the last year for its body style. I have in 3 short weeks that it is the perfect replacement. It has the creature comfort features I was looking for, the additional power I needed, the interior room to carry bulky items, and all without sacrificing good gas mileage.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Our Take on the 2011 Honda CR-V

Since the current generation arrived in late 2006, I've driven the Honda CR-V during four model years in four states on six occasions. If reviewing cars were like doing laundry, the CR-V would be my well-worn pair of jeans. Honda still has a few things to iron out — chief among them being the CR-V's jittery ride — but to call foul on the market's best-selling crossover over a few loose threads would be to ignore the whole closet's worth of things the CR-V gets right.

The Honda CR-V may not be the most handsome or capable model in its body-type class, but it delivers precisely the qualities a small crossover ought to.

This time around, I evaluated two EX-L vehicle... Read More