2003 Honda Odyssey

This very good car

by from California on August 7, 2017

The best that I ever had I recommend this car to every family.It can take you around the country.This car was made to last. Great transmission , great engine. If you wanna buy it come see it yourself. You don't lose nothing.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

good family car

by from San Diego on August 2, 2017

This car is a good reliable car. I drive it up to San Jose and back a couple times a year with no problems.

Beware Gen 2 Odyssey (~2003)- Transmission

by from Washington, DC on July 28, 2017

Bought it used (24K miles) and have learned alot with every "experience". I expected to reasonably run it to 250K. First years were fine with my worst issue being that plastic interior trim would break off here or there (kids). Then, at 160K , the car key no longer turned in the cylinder due to wear on the "new" poor Honda key design (the cylinder was fine). Of course, it's not a matter of just having an inexpensive key cut, because of the transponder in the key. Next, someone stopped me in a parking lot and asked if I had experienced transmission issues with my 2003. "No", I was proud to report. They responded "You will...everyone does." Less than 1000 miles later and 100 miles from home, it died, with almost no warning beside a "clunk". A former Honda dealer tech manager gave me the scoop... about the 2003-2005 Honda "new design" transmissions that were outsourced by Honda...so " outsourced " that there was no training provided to repair and the "fix" is a "replacement" @ $4K. And how the problem was sooo bad that the Honda warranty was extended. And about a related problem with the trans cooling that impacted the Odyssey for a few more years, extending thru Generation 4, which I think was 2011. Vehicle was ultimately sold for salvage. Won't even talk about the Honda dealer's lack of reasonable accommodation during the air bag replacement drill. End of story. Sienna will be the replacement for the Odyssey.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

car was close to immortal

by from dixon il on July 18, 2017

My Honda lasted till 280,000 miles until my father broke the car while trying to fix something that wasn't broken. this car drive great up until its death and I haven't found a car I enjoy driving as much as it since.

Great car

by from Winton Ca on July 15, 2017

Awesome for my family , i have a big family. All small kids but they have enough room when were traveling

Uses car for Havingfun

The van I have wanted for a while now

by from Knoxville TN on May 9, 2017

I like the body style. It seems safe for my family and although the miles are a little high, it runs great.

Best driving and handling minivan out there

by from Tampa Fl on May 7, 2017

I love it. Dependable. Strong. This is the perfect family vehicle. My wife also loves it. Drives smooth always.

A car of endless defects

by from Chicago, IL on March 29, 2017

The transmission, the automatic doors, the automatic windows, the radiator, the... etc. It's the strongest cause of headache

Clean

by from Houston, TX on March 26, 2017

The car has a really nice drive. Working powered sliding doors. Comfortable driver seat powered controlls Huge and comfortable seats at the very back Cold a/c working well, just changed. Awesome working engine and transmission. No accidents, and more awesome things

Great used vehicle with many extras!

by from Battle Creek, MI on April 30, 2015

I purchased this vehicle with 238,000 miles and both the interior & exterior are in very good condition. All electronic features with the exception of the 6-disc CD changer work flawlessly. I am very impressed with how well this car drives with the mileage. I had the service engine soon light come on and it turned out to be the oxygen sensor in the catalytic converter. I purchased a new one on line for $23 and installed myself. It took 20 minutes and the light has been out since. My daughter bought one just like it with 174,000 miles on it and the service engine light came on and gave misfiring codes. I removed and cleaned the EGR valve along with removing the top cover of the intake manifold and cleaned the 6-port holes along with the port channels in the cover. They were clogged with carbon which I suspect came from city driving and possibly low quality fuel. This process took about 45 minutes t complete and now the light is off and the van runs much smoother.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Honda Odyssey