Model Details

2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 33 reviews

It does everything I want!

by from Wakefield, MA on October 12, 2010

I transport 4x8 sheets of plywood and sheetrock. I transport my family of 4 with 2 Golden Retrievers I transport 25 10' decking boards and close the back hatch. I transport 14 windows for my house. I transport a dining room table and 6 chairs. I transport 22 bags of concrete. I transport 7 people. If my baby in the back seat cries, I can walk between the front seats to the back to tend to her without going outside in the rain/snow or on the side of a highway. I do it all while I ride in luxury every day. Everything that I transport, I can do it in the rain, so my Odyssey gives more more flexibility than any pickup, more luxury, and more room. I LOVE this vehicle. I wish it had a little more pep under the hood, but otherwise, I can do anything with my Odyssey, and all while I ride in heated leather seats and complete comfort. It is simply awesome!!!!

'08 Odyssey with Honda certified Warranty

by from Dublin on April 2, 2012

We like this car a lot and as we bought it just off lease, we got a slightly older vehicle with low miles. One thing I underestimated when I bought this car was the importance of the Honda certified warranty. We are so glad we bought a vehicle w/this as a bunch of little things went wrong in the first week we took it home. But since then, we've gone on long road trips with it and have enjoyed the comfort of this van.

Becoming a family man

by from Champaign, IL on February 15, 2011

We bought a 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L as our first minivan. It came with about 22,000 miles. We are extremely satisfied with the interior space. We were able to maneuver seats and arm rests around and load a 12-foot roll of carpet with inches to spare. Very comfortable with plenty of cup holders, and easy to get in and out of. The rear view camera (the image pops up on the rearview mirror) comes in quite handy but objects are generally closer than they appear. The acceleration is a little sluggish and gas mileage is lousy, even with the "eco" feature that shuts down cylinders when the engine is idling or cruising. I may be spoiled by small cars, so in fairness here are our numbers: 23 mpg tops on the highway, 15-17 mpg in the city. The turning radius is terrific and parallel parking isn't a nightmare. I gave 4 out of 5 stars in value for the money because of gas mileage and also Honda prices its vehicles too high.

best minivan ever

by from Brattlboro Vermont on April 19, 2011

We bought a 2008 Odyssey LX in January 2011, and we could not be happier. Our primary criteria was side curtain airbags in all three rows and we got that. The van drives just like every other honda. Its tight and handles well. Of course it is a bit bigger than the civic, so that took some getting used to, but it is a great people/stuff mover. We love the sliding doors on both sides, the 60/40 fold flat third row, the side curtain airbags, and the multiple configurations in the second row. I love that we can move kids and bookshelves at the same time. I love that we can put the kiddy toilet in the way back so we never have to worry about where the bathroom is. If I had it to do over again, I might spring for the EX so we've have the option of a jumpseat in the second row, and the spy on the kids mirror up front, but this is a great great car.

impressed

by from indiana on January 16, 2012

Comfortable, kid friendly, much more spotty than I expected. Fun to drive. Not much of a van guy but I love it. So maybe I am now! If I can get my wife to let me drive it!

Perfect for the family

by from Baltimore, MD on May 13, 2011

This van has tons of room. The back seats fold down flat and the storage area is very deep when the third row is up. There are 8 cup holders in the front seat area. Any guy can appreciate that. We did buy it used, so there were some very minor issues that were easily fixed. Car handles nicely. Automatic doors are perfect for kids in car seats. Easy in and out. I love this machine.

2nd Odyssey, Great miniVan

by from Charlotte, NC on March 22, 2011

Very happy with this vehicle. 8 Passanger seating is a plus. Navigation system is very good, voice commands not so much. The only negative, like previous models is that this van burns through tires. Rotate every 6k miles and hope to get 50k out of a set of 4.

So Far so Good

by from Midwest on August 17, 2013

Have 5 children and needed a roomier vehicle, speciflly an 8 passenger. We like the trunk space it has and enjoy the extra middle seat. Really drives nice

VERY SAFE AND OVERALL GREAT IN SNOW AND ICE!

by from Minneapolis, Mn on February 4, 2008

This vehicles has saved us before -- I had a 2005 before it was hit on the side by a drunk driver. The vehicle held up very well and the side airbags deployed saving us from any harm. This vehicle is no different, it's very safe and I love the bluetooth technology! :D I would definitely recommend this to all my girlfriends' families!

The van to choose

by from Philadelphia, PA on March 24, 2008

Simply stated...We test drove all the vans out there...this one beats them ALL in EVERY category. If your looking for the "whole" package...this is it.