Read or write a review.

2003 Hyundai Elantra

Change Year
4.4
Average based on 14 reviews

UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF CAR FOR THE MONEY!!!

by from West Islip, NY on October 13, 2006

Probably the most car you can get for the money spent. By the time your ready to buy another car this one is still under bumper to bumper dealer warranty!! The GT has the added bonus of better performance and enormous cargo capacity with the hatchback (it's like a mini-stationwagon). The GT also has more appeal and resale value.

Great Car

by from Ephrata Washington on April 2, 2008

i get about 37 miles per gallon at 60-70 mph. it handles great on asphalt and on gravel/dirt. I drive about 85-100 miles a day for work and personally things as well. I am a big guy and the comfort is an issue, i have to put the drivers seat all the way back so my knee dosent touch the dash, but that leaves no room for anybody behind me... The car is perfest for my wife, 2 kids and I...

2003 ELANTRA

by from FREELAND,PA on May 26, 2009

Yes, i would recomend , they are great cars ive been driving one for about 3 years now. and its only issue was the clutch went but that was replaced. and it runs great.

Very Reliable

by from Ashland, KY on August 14, 2009

I traded this car and it 98,000 miles on it. I never had any major problems with this car. It was very dependable. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Good Value

by from Maryland on December 11, 2012

Excellant car for the money. I have 195,000 mils on the car and it is still runnig great. Very little ever went wrong with the car during the past 10 years. The engine is strong and just keepss running. My only negative is the paint is poor, and fading. I have noticed that on many Hyundais of that age period. Otherwise very good car for the money.

Best car!

by from SLC, UT on September 18, 2006

For the price... you can't fine a better car! I've had mine for 4 years now and I couldn't be happier with the value! Good deal!

113,000 miles and still going strong

by from Tucson, Arizona on August 1, 2006

In 2 years I put over 100,000 miles on this car and I love it. In all those miles it only had one issue and it was with a hose clamp. I highly recommend these cars!

good car

by from on January 1, 2015

Bought my 2003 elantra new. Great car not much problems with it. The paint job peeled a little, but my biggest problem with this car is that the dash board is falling apart. Did anyone else have this problem?

No probs ever

by from Illinois on July 17, 2006

Bought a 2003 used model in 2005, been using it for a year now. Never had any problem at all. Getting 30.5 miles within city with full AC on. Great car.

Way better than my last car!

by from Philly on August 22, 2009

My previous car was a used 00 Pontiac Grand Prix which was an OK car. So when it hit 95,000 miles I decided to trade it in. I was originally looking at Hondas but they were out of my price range and thats when I decided to go with a different economy car make. I saw the 03 Hyundia Elantra and I thought it lookd nice right off the bat. It had 40,000 miles on it and they wanted 7 grand, my mechaic told me it was in great shape and that I should consider buying it befor someone else did. It's been 30,000 miles and I haven't had a single problem. It has a 5-speed manual and with the stick it is surprisingly fast, my dad had to teach me to drive stick and even he mentioned how quick it was for a car with only 135 horse power. It took me 2 days to learn how to drive this car well thats how smooth and easy the stick is. If you see one of these on a lot I would take it for a test drive. The interior is plain yet very nice and good looking with plenty of room for 5 adults, I'm 6'1 and still have 2 inches of head room to spare.I average 26 miles city and 34 highway.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Hyundai Elantra