Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2005 Elantra

2005 Hyundai Elantra

$928 - $6,480  MSRP Range
2005 Hyundai Elantra

4.3

Have You Driven the 2005 Hyundai Elantra?

Awesome econobox!

by Hyundai is great from Wilkes-Barre, PA on Thu Jun 23 2011

Great interior design, with 4 cup holders in the front you have plenty of space for your bevrages, good sound system, nice space for you to strech out, digital clock for convinece,to great, miserly gas milage, the econobox has many creatcher needs, and and many more conforts. Trunk space is much more then expected. Outside the styling is fabulous, even worth admiradtion to this day. of course, the prformece was the only thing that was not completly outstanding, however, it was still a impressive preformace rate for an econobox,making this a must have as a first car for teens or a last car for senoirs.

Running the wheels off it

by Pilot from North Dakota on Sun Sep 16 2007

I bought this specifically to drive 156 miles each day for my commute. I've had it for under 2.5 years and it just passed 100,000 miles. All in all it's been a great little car, and I do prefer it to my father's 06 Corolla. This car has gotten me back and forth to work in ALL weather conditions ranging from blizzards and -30F temps to tornadic activity and temps reaching over 100F. It handles the snow/ice extremely well with good winter tires, but overall I'm only seeing about 30-31 mpg and I drive at about 75-80 mph. Would've been nice if they'd have brought down the rpm's at cruise. 3250 rpm's is just a little higher than I'd like, and burns a little more gas than necessary. The couple of times I've had it in the shop have only been for minor things (use the warranty, that's what it's there for), and except for poor service at the local dealer, no complaints. I decided to disregard the timing belt replacement at 60K miles because of the easy miles I put on it, and two days ago replaced the belt at 100K. It still looked new, no cracks, hardly any wear at all, and the mechanic was even impressed with how easy it was to replace. Anyway, have been really pleased and would recommend this car to anyone, just too bad they increased the price so much on the newer models.

Best first car!

by AlyssaMB from Girard, OH on Wed Apr 05 2017

This car has a great ride, and really good gas mileage! It is an amazing first car! I wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Most reliable car I owned

by Sowmi from FAIRFAX on Wed Nov 15 2017

This is my 5th car and this car is very reliable. I have driven just 65K miles and never had any issues in the past as well as now. Gas Mileage is still good and gives more than 25 Miles per gallon. All the parts in my car except wear and tear stuff are original and in great condition.

Great driving car, handles very well

by Jimbo from Paradise, Ca. on Wed Jun 28 2017

Very good gas mileage, very quiet and easy to drive, and easy to park. Used primarily to commute to school .

Reliable, affordable, surprisingly roomy economy c

by Thang Dacron from Cicero, IL on Thu Feb 23 2017

This economy hatchback was a steal in 2005 at $13,995 new. Still going strong in 2017 with 60,900 miles and no major repairs. Starts even in below zero weather, good gas mileage, excellent leg room in the front for tall people. I would gladly buy a new one.

Good First Car to Have

by Cxltures from Virginia Beach, VA on Mon Jun 26 2017

The car was a trooper. I had my Elantra since November of 2016 and I loved driving her. The engine was really good and sure it had some issues, but it stood strong.

Decent, Solid Car

by SerenityRaven12 from Oregon on Tue Sep 12 2017

I got the car used and with fairly high mileage. Aside from a broken cooling hose, it was reliable enough. It was comfortable and just nice enough to make me feel like I wasn't slumming it. I'd love to get a newer model in the future.

I'm Glad I Bought My Elantra

by I own 2 Chevrolets and 1 Great Hyundai from Cincinnati, Ohio on Mon Oct 01 2007

I purchased my Elantra GT G-Speed in April of 2005. It now has 66000 miles on it as of October of 2007 and still drives like new. I have performed no maintenance on it other than standard oil changes. I use Mobil 5-30 Synthetic and Hyundai filters every 6000 miles. I get about 36 mpg on the highway and about 30 in the city. I've had the mgp stretch 37+ on long hauls at about 70 mph for hours on end in mild weather. I also put a bottle of STP concentrated fuel system cleaner in every 15K miles or so. My friends are always super impressed about its ability to go nearly 500 miles on one tank of gas. The Michelin tires have worn extremely well. I've rotated them every 10K miles or so. I think I'll get 80000 miles out of them and will replace them with the same model michelins. It dogs a little bit in city driving with the A/C on, but I expect that from a 4 cylinder. I didn't buy it expecting to hod rod it or beat anyone in a race. It just doesn't have the torque of a V-motor- no biggie- I just turn the A/C off sometimes when leaving stoplights. I loved all the features I was getting when I bought the car, and I still enjoy them. It handles well in snow...it's light and agile in turns. I've got a little paint peeling off my front bumper and I'm going to talk to the dealer about the 3 year paint warranty, but I think I'm over-mileage for that.. I bought the car for a long commute and busy, on-the-go lifestyle and the car has performed literally perfectly. O, and it doesn't burn or leak one bit of oil-EVER, even at 6000 miles oil change intervals.

Silver Bullet

by adbeff from Las Vegas NV on Fri Apr 07 2017

Very reliable! Perfect for commuting to work and home. Only needed basic maintenance. Traded it in for a 2015 Hyundai Accent.