Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2005 Elantra

2005 Hyundai Elantra

$924 - $6,576  MSRP Range
2005 Hyundai Elantra

4.3

Have You Driven the 2005 Hyundai Elantra?

love it

by paty big dog from wiscosin on Sun Mar 07 2010

cute little car.drove just about every car out there.needed a work car. liked this car very much.happy i found her.

Not a Quality Car

by Not Impressed from Wichita, ks on Tue Feb 08 2011

Would take it in for warranty repairs, repairs would not hold up any longer than 6 months. Paint job is poor poor poor, paint started to pickle along the bumper. Wheel paint wears off. Paint started to bubble after a hail storm. Took it in to fix the alarm kept going off. Repair didn't last long. Service solution was to lock the door manually so the alarm wouldn't go off at random. After the last Hyndai repair there was a rattle that did not go away. Glad to trade it in

Cute little car

by First time car buyer from Davison, Michigan on Mon Mar 11 2013

In comparison to what I have driven in the past this car is tiny, I spend most of my time staring up other vehicles tail pipes when I'm stopped at a light. But aside from its small exterior looks, the inside for me is surprisingly spacious. Plenty of leg room, especially in the front, even with the seat pulled all the way forward (which I don't need) I still don't feel cramped. The back seat is pretty spacious and I enjoy the pockets in the back of the front seats for storage for maps and what-not. The main things I love about this vehicle is its quick and easy to handle, you can virtually steer with your fingertips, And while it is only getting me about 26-27 MPG it is still saving me on gas for my daily commute to work, I've already found that Im spending at least $15 less a week in gas, then I used to. The only things this car really lacks for in creature comforts that I am accustomed to having, is this vehicle does not come standard with ABS nor does it have cruise control, the cup holders are too close together to have multiple drinks in it, and I'm particularly shocked that a '05 has a tape-deck in it. I guess the original purchaser of this vehicle desired to opt out of the optional upgrades. But when all is said and done, I love this car and will probably purchase another Hyundai Elantra in the future.

Love it! I am happy with Hyundai.

by Dude with a red Elantra and loud music coming out from Eastern PA on Tue Sep 09 2008

I bought the Elantra based on it's warantee and have loved ever since. problem is, I never used the warantee because nothing ever goes wrong! I like the styling and decent gas milage, about 32 MPG with little city driving. Plenty of room for me at 6'3". Trunk and back seats are spacious. I now have over 40k on it and runs like new. I did need to replace the tires, but partialy my fault for not rotating them. Other than that no complaints except for the tape player, which is antique. I replaced it with a CD changer and new speakers. I own a Santa Fe too, both cars run flawlessly!

best car so far!

by love my car from on Wed Sep 11 2013

Bought my car about 2 years ago used. 68, 000 miles excellent condition.Handles amazing, great on gas, smooth ride for a small car. Oil changes, tire rotation, and some detailing has been about it so far! 2 minor things that erk me, wheel covers arent all that, and could use abit more storage space.All in all, great car for a great price.

comfortable car

by car enthusiast from Illinois on Sun Aug 22 2010

The windshield appears to be somewhat frosted. I did not notice it during the testdrive, but it is impossible to get it clean.

Great Car

by Kayla from Gardner, MA on Tue May 14 2013

I bought my car used, only a year old and hads 13,000 miles on it. I have owned this car since 2006 and have not had a single problem with it. In fact, it still has the factory battery. The only maintenance I have had done is oil changes, and my brakes once. I would buy this car again. I do not see myself steering from Hyundai ever again. I

Not the quality I thought

by Glad to trade it in from Wichta, KS on Tue Feb 08 2011

Alarm went off at random took it back to the dealership. Fix was temporary, started going off again was told to not use the key fob and manually lock the door by service parts came off the car, took it back for repair, two months later, same part came off. Paint on bumper started Pickeling. One hail storm, the paint bubbled and peeled back. The paint on hub caps chipped off. last time I took it back for dealer service, it was returned with a loud rattle. In all what good is a warranty when you have to keep taking it back to get fixed. Gas mileage 20 to 22 in town 28 to 30 on highway

Buy it used

by Ben from Sacramento on Tue Jul 28 2009

I bought the car new. Ive had it for 3 years. I have put 72000 miles on it. Mostly city miles. I think the its a cheaply made car. The plastic that holds the sun visor in place broke. The material on the shifter knob has fallen off. The material at the top of the steering wheel is shredding off. The driver seat is ripped down the middle because the threads that hold the leather together didn't hold up. Very reliable though. All I've replaced so far is tires and brakes. And the battery but that was under warranty. As far as performance i give it a 2. Its got good acceleration as long as the AC is off. I really notice a difference when there is extra weight in the car. Very smooth at high speeds except if you go past 100 then it starts floating. The car leans too much in corners and on windy roads. The seats are comfortable as long as you don't sit in them for too long. There is not enough room for your elbow when there is someone sitting in the passenger seat. The thing that makes me the most angry is the doors wont stay open when you are parked on any sort of an incline. I would not recommend buying this car brand new. The value depreciates way too fast. Buy this car used and save yourself 10000 dollars.

Worst Mistake Ever

by fooled from carson city, nv on Sun Oct 17 2010

Bought this car used, because of glowing reviews I found Online. I overpaid for this piece of plastic to begin with, and it's been downhill since. The tires rotted in less than 20,000 miles. I'm on my 3rd gas cap. This time the Check Engine Light is for a transaxle problem. The car is now worth (KBB) under $5000, and I'm facing $1600-2000 for a new automatic transmission. From all the complaints I have NOW found and read Online, there is no warranty from Hyundai (23,000 miles on the car) to help with the cost. I wish I had stuck with Toyota. My brother is still driving my 1987 Corolla.