2013 Elantra GT

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

4.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT?

Dealer bait and switch

by Hyundai owner from Woodstock, NY on Thu Jun 05 2014

My dealer sold me a 2012 Elantra Touring a year and a half ago for a decent price but, after recently asking to buy it back, I asked for a 2013 Elantra GT at MSRP- plus the $7500 discount they were offering on all 2013's. It turns out they have no cars at MSRP and probably never did. In fact, the 2013's are all at least 4000 more than MSRP and the $7500 discount has so many loopholes, it's doubtful anyone will ever qualify for the full $7500. Good luck finding this car for MSRP and good luck getting any discount at all on it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent Hatchback by Elantra

by pappu from Waukegan IL on Thu Apr 11 2013

O I was window shopping to buy a hatchback at least for a month, But somehow I missed GT. One of my friend asked me to have look at this. I went to the dealer and came home with New Elantra GT. This car is so spacious, Awesome view, Features are very great, Styling and the aerodynamics are so nice that this face the road very firm and sturdy. Long story short : I will refer this to anyone. Thanks to my friend who referred me this car.

Good car but not a good deal from the car dealer

by Poke from Little Elm, TX on Sun Feb 10 2013

The car delivers good performance and is comfortable but got a couple of issues: air bag signal malfunction from day one I got out of the dealer parking lot; had to take it for repair on this issue twice to the dealer; found-out that the car doesn't open the hatchback door from the front recently; in fact, the hatchback door is usually stucked or hard to open; the salesman recently told me that I can open the hatchback door with my remote while sitting in the front but that's not true. I did not get a good deal from the car dealer (Huffines McKinney). At first they said I was getting only $500 off the sticker price when it should have been $1000 as originally stated in the Internet msg; then they said I had to put down $500 (basically I was paying for the $500 discount); at closing, they said no money down but then 2 weeks later after closing of the deal they came-up saying I did need to put down $500, which I had to pay; basically, I was ripped-off & they never admit they made a mistake at closing nor gave me any incentive for their mistake. I'll never buy a car from them ever again!

Good for the price

by Ademell1 from Pasadena md on Mon Jun 05 2017

This car was affordable, but ended up lasting me 7 years and 200,000 miles with minimal repair. Repairs are cheap. Car is kind of low... I feel like I'm sitting on the ground. But definitely got the job done. Only docked the reliability points a few because most other people with this car can't drive it as long as I could.

2013 Elantra Gt rocks

by Boogiegt from Colorado on Fri Sep 21 2012

Fun car..so far so good. 40 mpg onthe highway! Sporty.. Not a race car but plenty of acceration for the highway on ramps

Really fun car

by Car owner from Richland, MI on Tue May 23 2017

I bought my 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT used from a family friend a few months ago with 19,500 miles on it. It is great to drive and is very responsive. Has a lot of extras, like bluetooth, satellite radio, steering wheel controls, and even three settings for steering response. It also gets great gas mileage. I have been averaging 31 to 32 mpg in mixed driving, getting up to 36 on the highway. It is a very light weight vehicle, which is one of the reasons for the good gas mileage and fun driving. But, that is also a negative when driving on a relatively bumpy interstate at high speed, especially on a very windy day. Going over bumps can lead to a bit of sideways wiggle that can be a little unnerving at times, like I said, on windy days. Overall, it has been a great car so far.

Second Elantra GT i've owned

by Mortikan from New Haven,CT on Sat Dec 24 2016

My first Elantra GT was a 2003 and at that time they came fully loaded no real options. It was so well equipped and simply did everything right. This 2013 I just recently picked up as certified used with 14K. I have to say that I understand that certified used means it can be lightly used good quality vehicle but, I have a few small scratches on the rear bumper they could have easily touched up and buffed yet they didn't. Having said that I got her used for 12800 so I am extremely satisfied. I expect that Hyundai this being my 4th overall owned since 1999 will continue the trend for me of being very well rounded car that is reliable and comfortable and does everything I ask.

Bought it new. Still love it

by RicLA from Los Angels on Thu Mar 16 2017

Cheap to run. Dealer excellent. Backup camera a must. Style still relevant. Mileage was supposed to be better.

Economical & Comfortable

by FloridaFam from Fort Pierce, FL on Fri Mar 03 2017

Purchased mine brand new. The seats are very comfortable and has been a perfect sized family car. The kids particularly appreciate the oversized sunroof / moon roof.

Solid Car

by JimH from Orlando FL on Tue May 23 2017

I had this car for just over 3 years and put on just over 60,000 miles on the odometer. I actually enjoyed driving the car ?but decided to get rid of it to get something a little larger.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a November 2012 EPA audit of this car's stated mileage.

The 2013 Elantra GT hatchback is a new addition to Hyundai's growing arsenal of Elantra models, including an Elantra Coupe that's also new for 2013 and a hot-selling sedan that was redesigned for the 2011 model year. Compare Elantra body styles here. The GT is a stylish replacement for the Elantra Touring, which looked like a mutated wagon/hatchback version of the previous-generation Elantra sedan.

The 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT doesn't settle for being just a utilitarian hatchback version of the sedan; it's a more premium experience with a few tricks up its sleeve.

The GT... Read More