NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2013 Elantra GT

4.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT?

love the HYUNDAI!!

by grandma from Fargo, ND on Fri Mar 29 2013

We bought a Sante Fe in 2002, and it was the best car that we have owned. That is why we didn't consider any other line. We wanted the gas mileage that the Elantra offers.

It's a very nice little car, but no 40MPG

by JoeLansing from Lansing, MI on Sat Sep 15 2012

I got this for my wife. It's very nice and has tons of features. To get 40MPG on the EPA test they geared it so high it's a gutless wonder. And it only gets really good gas mileage on perfectly flat roads. Even the smallest uphill and it's 25MPG. Look at the real owner's mpg logs on Fuelly. They have about a 27MPG average. My Toyota Corolla does better easily and it's rated 32-38.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most Comfortable Vehicle I Have Owned

by Camper from Kankakee, IL on Sat Jun 08 2013

Negatives: Hatch does not have an automatic open. Gas door does not lock. Brakes are touchy. Positives: Very comfortable ride. Very good gas mileage. Back seats lie down easily enhancing cargo space.

by Casey from Carroll,Ohio on Wed Apr 24 2013

Nice car. Well thought out. A little skeptical on the mileage claims,but I've only got about 1100 miles on the car. Wait & see if it improves.

by 2013 Elantra GT from Bridgewater, MA on Wed Jun 05 2013

This car gives you more for the money than any car I have ever owened. The safety features, creature comfort, convienience Items that are standard equipment on this car are way above and beyound any vehicle I have ever owend. These items and an above average treatment received at the dealership put Hyundai at the head of the other auto manufactures. If they are smart they will lookat your program and try to emulate.

Dealer bait and switch

by Hyundai owner from Woodstock, NY on Thu Jun 05 2014

My dealer sold me a 2012 Elantra Touring a year and a half ago for a decent price but, after recently asking to buy it back, I asked for a 2013 Elantra GT at MSRP- plus the $7500 discount they were offering on all 2013's. It turns out they have no cars at MSRP and probably never did. In fact, the 2013's are all at least 4000 more than MSRP and the $7500 discount has so many loopholes, it's doubtful anyone will ever qualify for the full $7500. Good luck finding this car for MSRP and good luck getting any discount at all on it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent Hatchback by Elantra

by pappu from Waukegan IL on Thu Apr 11 2013

O I was window shopping to buy a hatchback at least for a month, But somehow I missed GT. One of my friend asked me to have look at this. I went to the dealer and came home with New Elantra GT. This car is so spacious, Awesome view, Features are very great, Styling and the aerodynamics are so nice that this face the road very firm and sturdy. Long story short : I will refer this to anyone. Thanks to my friend who referred me this car.

Good car but not a good deal from the car dealer

by Poke from Little Elm, TX on Sun Feb 10 2013

The car delivers good performance and is comfortable but got a couple of issues: air bag signal malfunction from day one I got out of the dealer parking lot; had to take it for repair on this issue twice to the dealer; found-out that the car doesn't open the hatchback door from the front recently; in fact, the hatchback door is usually stucked or hard to open; the salesman recently told me that I can open the hatchback door with my remote while sitting in the front but that's not true. I did not get a good deal from the car dealer (Huffines McKinney). At first they said I was getting only $500 off the sticker price when it should have been $1000 as originally stated in the Internet msg; then they said I had to put down $500 (basically I was paying for the $500 discount); at closing, they said no money down but then 2 weeks later after closing of the deal they came-up saying I did need to put down $500, which I had to pay; basically, I was ripped-off & they never admit they made a mistake at closing nor gave me any incentive for their mistake. I'll never buy a car from them ever again!

Good for the price

by Ademell1 from Pasadena md on Mon Jun 05 2017

This car was affordable, but ended up lasting me 7 years and 200,000 miles with minimal repair. Repairs are cheap. Car is kind of low... I feel like I'm sitting on the ground. But definitely got the job done. Only docked the reliability points a few because most other people with this car can't drive it as long as I could.

2013 Elantra Gt rocks

by Boogiegt from Colorado on Fri Sep 21 2012

Fun car..so far so good. 40 mpg onthe highway! Sporty.. Not a race car but plenty of acceration for the highway on ramps

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a November 2012 EPA audit of this car's stated mileage.

The 2013 Elantra GT hatchback is a new addition to Hyundai's growing arsenal of Elantra models, including an Elantra Coupe that's also new for 2013 and a hot-selling sedan that was redesigned for the 2011 model year. Compare Elantra body styles here. The GT is a stylish replacement for the Elantra Touring, which looked like a mutated wagon/hatchback version of the previous-generation Elantra sedan.

The 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT doesn't settle for being just a utilitarian hatchback version of the sedan; it's a more premium experience with a... Read More