2011 Elantra Touring

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

Well Rounded Car

by Happy Camper from Bellingham Wa on December 17, 2010

I spent many months researching cars, my main requirements had to be value, good mileage, roomy enough for my family, reliable, looks good, and a hatchback/wagon. It fit all those things. It gets a max of 30 mi/gallon on freeway, and about 26 overall. It feels spacious inside but is not a big car, but lg enough for my family of 4. The cargo is roomy. My only complaints is the seats could be more comfy, the steering wheel feels like sand paper, and the road noise is somewhat loud. But overall a good car with free roadside assistance and good warrantly.

Best overall package

by Driving fan from Indiana on February 21, 2011

Tested the Mazda3 and the Kia Forte 5-door before buying the Elantra Touring. Quality beat the Kia and roominess and price beat the Mazda. Mine is a stick shift, which contributes to a sports-car feeling, along with nimble handling. Power is not great, but okay. Exterior and interior design are nearly elegant for an inexpensive car. Better than expected mileage. Bluetooth and XM are great. With the deal I got, I feel like I beat the system.

Love This Car!!!

by luvmycar from Sussex NJ on June 13, 2011

I've had my 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring for about six weeks now, and I've already put 2,700 miles on it. With three jobs, I spend quite a bit of time driving to and from work, and this car 'almost' makes me not hate having to leave my house at 10 pm six nights a week! I did quite a bit of online research before deciding on this particular car. I knew I wanted a hatchback, small wagon-type car, and good gas mileage was an important factor. And, as I explained to the salesperson, since I can either afford a car payment Or frequent repair bills (but not BOTH) five or six year projected reliability played a huge part in my decision. Next came the 'fun stuff'.... and this car has those in abundance! I chose the dark silver/gray color, which looks good even when it's not freshly washed/waxed. I love the looks of this car. Even for a wagon, I think it looks 'sporty and stylish.' The interior is beautiful! I've read some people complain of 'cheap looking interior features' but I can't imagine what they are complaining about. Maybe I am so impressed because my last car was a 1997 Jetta, but I truly think the interior is well laid out, and impressive looking. I have the model that comes with moon roof, heated leather seats, IPOD integration and steering wheel controls... I am in heaven! I live in the a rural area of NJ and this car handles all the up-and-down hills and around-sharp-curves like a champ. On highways, I am more than pleased with its pick-up, cabin quietness and smooth engine performance. I don't know exactly how many miles I'm getting to the gallon, but what I do know is that I used to have to fill up my Jetta every four days, and now I can go SIX days between visits to the gas station. This is saving me over $100 per month in fuel costs! Between the fuel savings and the fact that this car will not be in the shop every month.... I am truly grateful for this car and to say I love it is putting it mildly! PS: I've had several Toyotas, a Honda and a VW in the past, and believe me, they have NOTHING on my Hyundai!!!

2010 Elantra Touring

by Colorguy from SC on July 13, 2011

Just turned 30,000 miles in 13 months. Car has been near perfect. Fun to drive, handles well, and is averaging about 30.6 mpg for all driving together.

no more Hyundai

by madar from Allentown, Pa. on March 12, 2012

!st and last time Hyundai owner. Had car 14 months, has numerous creaks and rattles, AM band on the radio has lots of static, car pings and knocks on regular gas, Hyundai warranty is limited to whatever error codes they find, anything else is "we had 3 people look at it and no one hears anything".

Does not recommend this car!!

Lots of car for the money and practical

by Practical car shopper from San Antonio, TX on April 16, 2012

The Hyundai Elantra Touring is a very stylish and practical car for the money. Lots of room and cargo handling ability without all the weight, gas guzzeling and room required for my previous SUV. In fact I have the same amount of room, about 65 cu ft of cargo space as my suv had. I get around 29mpg with mostly highway mileage and more on long trips just on the highway, about 34mpg. Plenty of power for around town and hauling freinds or loads when needed. At about a very low price I got a totally loaded car with auto trans and all the power options.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Gives me room

by tmgreen777 from Hemet, CA on May 11, 2011

The Elantra Touring is not as quiet and comforable to ride in as a number of sedans in the same price and size class. Having said that, it has roominess for passengers in the back seat, and storage for transporting things that could never be found in similar price and size class sedans. This is why this model was chosen. Gas mileage around town has been consistently in the mid-twenties, which is good for the capacity of the vehicle.

great station wagon

by js from new smyrna beach,fl on December 8, 2015

I was looking for vehicle that I could put the back seats down for my dog to roam around in the back .he rides to work with me 4 days a week and the front pickup seat was pretty confining for a50 lb dog. I commute 500 miles a week and I was looking for better gas mileage. I also wanted to be able to place 4 golf bags behind the rear seats occasionally. most of the wagon types had limited room behind the rear seat . the suv types didn't get the mileage I was wanting..With a roof rack I can carry my paddleboard, dog, golf clubs and get 29.4 mpg. great vehicle shocking the euro station wagon design didn't catch on here.love this car

The Koreans understand large Americans

by Crikey from Milwaukee, WI on April 2, 2018

I had been driving 2 different '04 Elantra GTs since 2007. I loved the hatchback for storage and they were surprisingly roomy for 6'4" 280 lb driver. It was time to replace the second one - thought about going for another hatchback, but couldn't find a decent one - looked hard at Potiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix. Then found this - more room than the Elantra GT, but similar gas mileage. It's an SE - love the standard heated seats. The car came with brand new tires - when these wear out I'm replacing the silly 17" rims with 16" or 15" rims. Not enough rubber, so I'll lose some handling and gain a smoother ride. Other than that-it's a great time to purchase one because Hyundai is closing out all the accessories - was able to buy the sun roof wind deflector, cross bars for the factory rails, the cargo net, the rubber cargo tray, and a bumper protector for about $40.00! Needed space for camping gear and musical equipment, and a lower roof for putting kayaks on.

terrific car,good ride,comfortable and gas saver

by Dick from woonsocket,ri on June 4, 2013

my Hyundai Elantra Touring feels solid,gives a smooth ride,is comfortable and very peppy for a four cylinder and I'm getting great gas mileage.

1 2 3