2016 Santa Fe Sport

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

4.5

Have You Driven the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport?

MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK!

by MOTHER OF 6 from New York, NY on Tue Jan 12 2016

A restful living room on wheels. Comfortable interior with space to spare. Large cargo area. Dash set up easy to read. Very smooth ride. Everything the brochure said is true. The moon roof is huge and really nice on a sunny day. Lane advisory is extremely helpful. Find this make very reliable. Saw many cars with similar features but felt this one met my needs best. Have sons over 6 feet tall and no problem with leg or shoulder room, front or back.

Best SUV for the money

by Rich, car guy from Mastic, NY on Wed Aug 24 2016

I have the turbo version. It's quick, quiet and very comfortable. I bought it on my birthday (just a coincidence) and the Hyundai dealer bought cupcakes and candles and had his staff sing happy birthday to me. Very nice but that aside the vehicle is unequaled for the price. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat

Favorite hyundai I have owned yet.

by Kgrayhere from Southaven, MS. on Sun Sep 17 2017

I am a repeat Hyundai buyer. I've owned two Elantra's a Sonata and a Tucson and loved them all. My Tucson was great but wanted something with a little more cargo room. Test drove the Santa Fe one Saturday morning and it was parked in my garage a few hours later. I get 31mpg on the interstate driving. I recommend anyone looking for a great reliable suv to at l least add hyundai to your list when looking.

So excited every time I jump into the driver seat

by L Lanson from Madisonville, LA on Sun Aug 20 2017

I absolutely love the style and comfort of this car. I previously had a Ford Explorer and Hyundai Santa Fe. I need an SUV because I am always hauling things to and from work and a theatre. The Sport is a tad bit smaller in the back but the gas milage totally makes up for any negatives. I could not be happier with my previously owned car (it only had 9000 miles on it so basically new). Drive in three different modes (Sport, Comfort, Normal). Media bluetooth is advanced. I don't have to hold my phone on my lap for anything. I can use all buttons on the wheel for skipping songs or calling family.

We had a Subaru 4 EVER

by Creatch42 from Syracuse, NY on Fri Mar 15 2019

Bought a 2000 Outback limited New and at 311,000 had to put the old girl out to pasture. When looking for a car for my daughter to me it was an obvious choice to get her an Outback or a Forester. We couldn't find any examples in her budget that were not Well Used with lots of miles. We got the Santa Fe Sport that with the preferred option package. It was quite a bit less $$$ than a base model Subaru. This is a very solid SUV. Great Factory warranty. Very comfortable I'm 6'4 280 lbs. Room for a bunch of stuff. Ours gets pretty good mpg around 27. and it looks good. Looking for an Elantra GT or Kodus for the other daughter.

Loved it

by Louise R from Richmond, Va on Wed Jul 26 2017

I was surprised by the smoothness of the ride. nice acceleration, better MPG than a lot of the more expensive luxury SUVs, and really important for those who feel claustrophobic....more horizontal room for legs and torso......you do not feel so enclosed with the middle console. I do not feel comfortable in the super enclosed Lexus, etc. great value for the price.

out of 5 starsReliability

Best Choice After a Ton of Research

by Ashleyfoley12 from Providence, RI on Thu Dec 27 2018

I’ve been waiting to get back into an SUV after driving a Nissan Altima for 4 years. I wanted to make sure it was roomy enough for two children, but had enough pickup. I had leased a Chevy Equinox that barely moved when slamming the gas pedal, and was nervous I would have a similar experience with any 4 cylinder engine in a SUV. That’s definitely not a problem with this Hyundai! It’s so smooth, easy to drive, spacious, and absolutely gorgeous - inside and out! We got a 2016 with a bunch of bells and whistles - heated steering wheel, panoramic sunroof, air conditioned and heated seats, and so much more. I absolutely love it and it was the only SUV that met my price range for all the things I wanted. I test drove a Honda Pilot which felt too large, Nissan Rogue which felt too small. This was the perfect compromise for two car seats, strollers, etc. I plan on driving it for a long time and absolutely recommend it!

Extremely roomy and love all the safety features

by Crystal from Colorado Springs, CO on Tue Aug 27 2019

Love this vehicle! Lots of leg room, stylish and has all the bells and whistles with a reasonable price! This vehicle is perfect for the upcoming winter months as far as safety goes!

BEST VALUE!

by ATL from Smyrna, GA on Tue Aug 27 2019

RELIABLE - Zero repairs for single owner and no accidents. Lots of cargo space, touch-screen, rearview cameras and Bluetooth. Just off-lease with low miles. This SUV will make you happy.

Very well made and equipped...solid, clean.it

by JIMBO from STUART FLORIDA on Wed May 13 2020

IT HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES. GREAT PERFORMANCE...EXCELLENT FOR A FAMILY OR BUSINESS CAR...GARAGED SINCE PURCHASED AND WELL MAINTAINED. NO SURPRISES!!!MAINTAINED AT THE DEALERSHIP WITH A TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY IF INTERESTED.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

Editor’s note: This review was written in February 2015 about the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Today’s family can fit its daily routine into a variety of cars, from a small crossover to the largest SUV or minivan on the market.

The 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport offers a happy medium of more overall room than a compact SUV but with a price lower than larger, three-row vehicles.

Both the Santa Fe Sport and the Santa Fe are well regarded by Cars.com editors for their family-hauling proficiency. The Santa Fe Sport won our... Read More