2016 Santa Fe Sport

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK!

by MOTHER OF 6 from New York, NY on January 12, 2016

A restful living room on wheels. Comfortable interior with space to spare. Large cargo area. Dash set up easy to read. Very smooth ride. Everything the brochure said is true. The moon roof is huge and really nice on a sunny day. Lane advisory is extremely helpful. Find this make very reliable. Saw many cars with similar features but felt this one met my needs best. Have sons over 6 feet tall and no problem with leg or shoulder room, front or back.

Best SUV for the money

by Rich, car guy from Mastic, NY on August 24, 2016

I have the turbo version. It's quick, quiet and very comfortable. I bought it on my birthday (just a coincidence) and the Hyundai dealer bought cupcakes and candles and had his staff sing happy birthday to me. Very nice but that aside the vehicle is unequaled for the price. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat

Clear winner for hyundai !!

by Indy driver from Indianapolis on January 22, 2016

My wife and I attended the Jan 2016 auto show here in Indianapolis and got a chance to see all the different crossovers from all the different makes. After both looking and researching we were leaning on the 2016 Santa Fe sport. After test driving one we were sold. It's not too big and yet not too small and drives smooth like a car but gives you the versatility in hauling things like a minivan without the stigma of being one. We bought the sport 2.0 turbo AWD with the ultimate pkg. Love the power and responsiveness but also appreciate the quietness of the cabin. Also love the panoramic roof (which makes the interior appear bigger than it really is.) and the heated seats and steering wheel especially now during those cold weather drives. This is the first AWD vehicle that I've owned and I must say this Santa Fe holds it's own on the snow. I never felt like this SUV was ever out of control from underneath me. My wife likes sitting higher up than our other car for both visibility and safety sake this is a plus. several other reviewers complained about the blind spot visibility but we have the blind spot detection option and this works like a charm every time all the time since it is always on and so far I feel very confident in it's ability in letting me know when it's safe to change lanes . We now have about 1,300 mi on the odometer and love our new Santa Fe. For both the value and features that you get, not to mention the longer warranty this purchase for us was a no brainer.

I am wowed

by Magic from Ontario on May 12, 2016

I have driven Toyota all my life and I was waiting for the RAV4 to get the new style but I was disappointed I didn't like the look of it. So I went to Santa Fe to give it a try to be honest I am really wowed. Highly recommended

Excellent Car

by Paul from KY on August 25, 2015

This is really an Excellent car. All the features are really very awesome. After driving it really feels that this car is different from the other cars :-)

Gets better and better

by CO driver from Colorado on September 23, 2015

I purchased the 2013 Santa Fe Sport - the first model year of the new design. Loved that car and had no intention of trading it in, but when your dealer begs for your vehicle and gives you an amazing price, apr, and trade-in value...it's a no-brainer. This 2016 Santa Fe Sport is even better. Hyundai has added some insulation, so the ride is quieter and improved. The new ultimate package takes the vehicle one step further in Hyundai's quest to provide luxury for an affordable price. Addition of blind spot monitoring/warning and the power liftgate are the icing on the cake. I enjoyed my 2013 and will love this 2016 even more!

2016 Santa Fe Sport

by football coach from Gurnee, IL. on December 15, 2015

New Santa Fe Sport is nicely designed and the interior is well appointed, I drove the FW model and the turbo 4 cyl. the ride is car like and there is enough power to get you around other cars if needed and the gas mileage is pretty right on the estimates that were on the sticker. I thought this vehicle drove much better than some of their competitors similar vehicles. All in all a good car for the price.

too new to tell

by car lover from Kennesaw, GA on July 6, 2015

I've just had the car a week and there is a lot to learn about it's technology. It is loaded with features that are helpful and some that are useless. The outside rear view mirrors can be remotely adjusted for each driver but return to a standard setting each time the car is started. Some buttons light up when a function is engaged and on others the light is off when engaged. I'm spending a lot of time with the owner's manual. A great feature is the outside mirrors tilt down when shifting into reverse, but if the remote adj.is put in neutral the feature is off.

You pay for what you get

by Tupay on November 9, 2017

The value of the car drops a lot compared to other vehicles probably because of the brand. Fuel economy is good at the beginning but as the car get older drops significantly

Product Concerns

by Dissatisfied from on June 22, 2017

I am really starting to have concerns with the Hyundai products. My wife, who uses the vehicle for casual driving owned a 2008 Veracruz and had to get the whole entertainment unit replaced because it was causing a slow bleed on battery that would leave it dead at the most inopportune times. When the warranty expired, they found about $5000 worth of repairs needed to the suspension assembly. The brakes also needed replacing after just 3 years I decided to trade it in and go with the Santa Fe Sport. We took it in for servicing a month ago. A month later, after 2 1/2 years of owning, the brakes and the driver door handle assembly needed replacing. We will not be getting another Hyundai product

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5