2008 Hyundai Sonata

Top notch performance with style

by from Santa Clara, California on June 22, 2017

Iv'e owned this car for two years , and haven't had a single performance issue. This is an all around good car, with superb efficiency.

Best Maintenance free car ever

by from Frederick, MD on June 12, 2017

I have run this vehicle over 200,000 miles with minimal maintenance and it is still running strong with same fuel mileage when I bought it at 20,000 miles.

Simple elegance with highest performance

by from Miami, FL on June 8, 2017

After years holding on bank payments of a car leasing I decided to be free of that dues for a while. I started searching for a used car in magnificent conditions with the purpose of having at least 5 years, so after three weeks of exhaustive reviews luckily I meet and bought this elegant/energetic Hyundai Sonata 2008 3.3L Limited. After almost 2 years driving this car I can say that it was an excellent decision, saving money with a high performance engine. It was used to commute from house to office, 30 miles roundtrip daily, as it was expected this turned out to be an experience of daily comfort and nobleness.

Single Owner Sonata High Mileage

by from San Diego, CA on May 13, 2017

First, car is driven ~500 miles a day currently and has been since it was at 80,000 miles. I do oil changes like clockwork every 5k, I do radiator and transmission flushes at 30k. Check engine light has never been on and it runs like a champ. I regularly drive it hard at over 4000 rpms and it still hasn't had any leaking or engine noise. Currently the car sits at 183,000 miles and its still going strong. The rest: Interior: Pretty bland, I got the GLS model so its plain. the cloth picks up every bit of dirt, I need to wash the seats at least once a month (mostly the driver seat) but the light fabric just shows everything. Cup holder broke the first week I owned the car so I need to have 2 drinks (or a can or a coffee mug) in it at all times in order to prevent the real drink from spilling, annoying but it works. The driver side visor broke a long time ago, replaced it and it works fine. That's literally the end of the list of things that have broken on the car. Exterior: at 10 years paint is peeling, and I wash and wax it monthly. The styling of all sedans in the mid 2000's were boxy and horrible. Do not consider this car for styling purposes, its just not ascetically pleasing in any way. Here's a complaint about the car that I cannot do much about, the lug-nuts. They started to begin the process of failing at 150,000 and I went to buy new ones. they are $8 per lug-nut from Hyundai. That's 20*8. Insane. Be aware aftermarket nuts will not work as they are deep seated and the hubcaps will fall off with anything but factory. So you either buy new lug-nuts from Hyundai or you buy new hubcaps and lug-nuts from amazon. Overall: The car has been insanely reliable. Just do the preventative maintenance and you can take this thing well over 200k. When it does in fact die, I will get a new Hyundai probably a Genesis, but that's not because I don't like the Sonata, its because I want a luxury car. For someone in the market for a ~$18k-$25k car I would 100% recommend it to them.

Yes this is the most reliable car I've owned.

by from Columbia, Md on May 4, 2017

Now I can go on road trips and my kids can be comfortable. The dealership I bought it from is family owned and operated. My vehicle has 30 day warranty and 100% on all repairs. Customer service was excellent.

Best value both in price and fincing

by from WARMINSTER on April 12, 2017

Great warranty price and financing with a comfortable ride and many standard features We used this car for seven years and our daughter still has it today.

Young student couple

by from Buena Vista, VA on April 11, 2017

Bought car used with 57,000 miles. It is spacious enough for two car seats and beeps very smooth. Interior is very ergonomic. My wife and I love it!

My Car is a champ!!

by from ione, ca on February 15, 2015

I bought my 2008 hyundai sonota, 4cyl - 4 speed, with sunroof and power seats in 2009 with 32,000 miles. It is now 2015 and i have 190,000 miles on the car. I average 500-600 miles per week commuting to school since i have bought the car. Never has been in the shop!!! I kept my oil changed at every 5,000 miles. same with the air filter. My sun visors broke at the "L" of the bracket only a few months after purchase, but no big deal (the heat got to my car and they warped and broke). I hit a deer, just last year on my home from my night class and my car took it like a champ, there is some dentage and damage to the front, but ran just fine. My car has been all over california all the way to the top of cali in humboldt, to the bottom of cali (18min from mexico). It has been an amazing car!!! however the transmission has been a little funny since i hit 190,000 miles and took a 23 hour round trip from my place to palm springs and back (check engine light went on coming back through the grape vine). overall it has been an amazing car!!!! the inside interior has held up fine (i had grey and light color accents). I probably going to have to get a new car soon :( but it has been the best car i have ever owned. So if your wondering if its a good buy or not, and you found one with low mileages! it is a champ of a car.

My Car Is the Bomb

by from on December 12, 2014

This car is awesome! I got it in 2009 and have driven across country twice in it, and put more then the average yearly miles and it run so good. I have changed little things here and there to make sure I have no major problems (preventive care) oil changes, brakes etc... and so far so good. I did little things to my car like tent the windows and lights, changed the hub caps etc.... and i get so many compliments on it. It drives smooth and has pick up. Also the sun roof, one touch window and xm radio (small details) make a big difference and WHY I love my car. The few problems i had Hyundai took care of it. My money went a long way and my car is still running like the first day i got it off a used car lot.

Unreliable Inferior Car

by from Lake Wales, Florida on September 20, 2014

I have had two Hyundai?s, a 2006 and a 2008. To my surprise, I have read several forums where consumers like myself have complained of problems of their Hyundai?s from both of these years up to the current model. I thought the engine and electrical problems were exclusive to my first car being a 2006 Hyundai Sonata, however, I am experiencing the same problems in my 2008 Hyundai Sonata. Either the sensors light up and nothing is wrong with the car or there is a car problem and they don?t light up. In both cars, the connecting rods malfunctioned. Catastrophic failure of the connecting rods, they are defective in these cars. Very disappointing. Hyundai will not own up to the inferior product they are putting into their engines. I will never purchase another Hyundai and I warn others not to do so also. Consumers will be gravely disappointed.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Hyundai Sonata