5 Stars Right Down The Line!

by from Los Angeles on January 5, 2009

I love my 2006 Tiburon GT V6 that I bought used, for a ridiculously low price, with less than 10,000 miles on it! I've had it for over a year now and I've yet to find something I don't like about this car! The V6 is powerful yet economical (20 mpg), which is a good thing with today's ever-changing gas prices! The standard Michelin Pilots provide excellent road handling. If you want a sports car that's sure to turn heads, without breaking the bank, then a 2006 Tibby is for you!

Great Car

by from Northern Colorado & SE Wyoming on August 3, 2011

Bought my SE new, now has over 104K miles. It has been driven it in all seasons and in all weather. The car handles very comfortably at freeway speeds and is a complete blast to drive around town and on twisting mountains roads. Recommendations: * If you are looking for the "sports car" look and feel then skip the 4 cylinder (GS) and stick to the v6 (GT or SE)- otherwise you will always feel under powered in this car. * Change the stereo or at least add the stereo adapter for iPod. * Buy real tires, they make all the difference. Buy snow tires if you are going to drive it in the snow. Once I did the car's response was completely different once good tires were on it. (the same goes for summer) Yes there is a lot of plastic in the interior- but for the price it was expected. of course, the space in the back seat is tight- its not really for the average size adults- this car is not a family sedan. And for drivers over 5'10" you might feel cramped for head space. Maintenance: Pretty standard- it's been through a couple sets of tires, windshields, wiper blades, batteries, several air and oil filters, and of course many oil & other fluid changes. I replaced the timing belt at 60K, and clutch at 104K. In the next 10 to 20K I plan on replacing the brakes and maybe another 10-15K later the timing belt again. Overall- I am very satisfied and plan on driving my 2006 Tiburon SE until the wheels fall off.

Awesome Sporty Car

by from Kansas on November 14, 2011

Our 2006 Tiburon has been a great car. The money we paid for a sports car look has been well worth it. People think it's a sports car, but it isn't classified as such with the insurance company. It gets up and goes and handles great. It is classy inside and out.

WOW thats all

by from miami,florida on April 1, 2008

All i can say is this car is great i got it used with 22k is a great car and it looks like the car that will never let you down it drives smooth and is ready to respond when ever you need it what i say is dont get no scion,honda,or any of those other cars this car is amazing i have the SE is got all you need just dont think any more and make the decision.

I LOVE this car!!

by from McAlester, OK on October 31, 2008

Bought this car with just over 100,000 miles on it for my daughter and I can't stop driving it. Drives like a new car and is sporty without the high price of some sports cars.

2006 Tiburon GT

by from Illinois on March 22, 2007

Awesome car!!! Very nice looking, handles really well and can power you really nice. Really nice price too! Great car to have!

Great Car

by from Puerto Rico on October 12, 2008

The Tiburon is a great vehicle overall, but the only thing it lacks is perfomance. Other than that, is a great vehicle and super stylish.

A real affordable Sports Car!!!

by from Indiana on April 26, 2012

Good performance! Plenty of horsepower! Great sound system! Its one of those cars that you just look good in.

Great Car for the Money

by from Leicester, NY on January 23, 2007

This was the first new car i've ever purchased. For the price you can't get a better looking car. I have an 06 Tiburon GS got it for around 15K. I get compliments on it all the time. People don't have to know how inexpensive it is. Love the ride, it feels tight on all corners. It has enough zip to make it fun. The 4 speed auto/manual makes it so my wife can drive it but i can still have my fun. Stereo is great it has the upgraded kenwood audio. With the warranty this will be a good car for years to come, SAFE investment.

Fantastic Car

by from Indiana on December 12, 2014

I purchased my second Tiburon in 2005. I drove it for 9 years and 125,000 miles. In that time, I did the brakes twice, timing belt once, and the clutch at 118,000 miles, and of course routine fluids and filters. THAT'S IT!!! It was a fantastic, reliable car up until some dang pizza delivery kid totaled it while I was stopped at a light. I will miss my car. I would highly recommend this vehicle. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Similar Models