2002 XG350

2002 Hyundai XG350

$207 - $5,539  MSRP Range
2002 Hyundai XG350

3.9

Have You Driven the 2002 Hyundai XG350?

Great Car

by MyOpinion from St. Louis, MO on Wed Nov 12 2014

I purchased my 2002 XG350 with 92,000 miles on it and therefore expected some problems. It currently has 108,000 and I've only had one minor issue that cost $75 to repair(clean). The car is very comfortable, average to good handling for a car of it's size and weight, good design and layout, quality seats and trim and a durable body. It handles well on wet pavement and on snow. The air conditioning is outstanding, heated seats, mirrors are a nice bonus for a car this old. My only complaint on this car is the stereo which will has a tendency to randomly change from FM, to CD, to Error message, before returning to either the radio or CD where it was playing. It will also do this even turned off on occasion. I don't drive it that much otherwise I would install an aftermarket stereo. I may actually do so anyway but it is a sporadic & infrequent problem. So I will plan on purchasing a stereo, choose a headset for my car, then the issue stops and I forget about it for a while.

So far so good

by first time korean from Wichita, KS on Tue Apr 17 2012

The reviews will warn you against this year and model. Mine definitely has character. The pros- styling, performance, ample seating, luxury feel and toys at very decent price. The cons- electrical gremlins, one mirror doesn't adjust, trunk and fuel door release not functional (have to use key), radio will not stay turned off ( I always leave it on anyway). If it lasts three years it will more than pay for itself.

great car for little money

by Comfy Car Gal from Sedalia, MO on Fri Mar 02 2007

We bought this car used and had no problems. Smooth ride on good roads and poorly maintained roads. Comfortable for long trips. Would consider purchasing another Hyundai. We were thinking of another Honda til we test drove the Hyundai.

Best car I've ever owned

by xg350 lover from Enfield, Ct on Tue Aug 20 2013

Hands down, the most comfortable car and most reliable car I've ever owned. Fantastic value for all you get! I would definitely get another one.

Hyundai so UNDERrated!!!

by Love my Hyundai from Southwest WA on Tue Jun 29 2010

I drove this car off the showroom floor in 2002. 77,000 miles and 8 yrs later we were ready for a new vehicle. This car was in the shop twice in 8 years and once was a recall for a switch (nothing to do with safety) and the other was just last year for a sound under the car that was still covered by the GREAT 10 yr 100,000 warranty. It has been a pleasure to drive and I'm not thrilled giving it up...just needed a bigger vehicle. I just bought a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. Hyundai gets a bad rap that it does NOT deserve!

XG 350 disappointment

by xg350owner from Vermont on Tue Aug 08 2006

The xg350 has been GREAT...EXCEPT the electrical system... it has been in and out of service since we bought the car and now the dealer says this is one of the reasons they have discontinued the XG...continually has electrical problems that the dealer can't fix...The dealer has benn good to try BUT having to drive 25 miles each way for him to say "you're all set only to have to call him again in a few days... I am now leary of purchasing any Hyndai product.

Does not recommend this car!!

I'll never buy another Hyundai

by Hate My XG350 from Bel Air, MD on Wed May 26 2010

From the day I drove my Hyundai with only 6,000 miles off the lot - I've been in misery. I have never owned a car with as many problems or sunk as much money in repairs. Further many of my issues according to the service guy are a problem for many owners of the 2002 XG350. I think when a manufacturer mass produces a vehicle with a reputation for being a lemon, they should either offer free repairs on those problems or give an option to trade for a reliable vehicle. I'll never buy another hyundai.

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent Value

by Franz from Washington, DC on Sat Aug 26 2006

All the apointments. Half the cost. It may not impress your friends without that special European name, however this is a fine automobile. Firm on the highway, peppy on city streets, luxurious and quiet inside, this car has all the trappings of a small sports luxury sedan. Maintenance cost are very reasonable. Fully loaded and an outstanding warranty (I only had to use my warranty once in 4 years), I am quite happy with this choice. I brag to my Euro-Lux friends about the extra money I have!!! You will like this car.

Pretty good for a first or second car

by Thatguy from Pompano beach, Florida on Tue Aug 15 2017

The car lasted me a while for the price I got it. Drove it every single day everywhere. Very comfortable seats and drove fairly smooth.

Good Package overall

by Vijay from Irving on Thu May 11 2017

its really Good, with comfort, A/C Rear and Front is excellent, and true value for money and if we talk about performance it has 6 cylinder 3500 CC Engine generate good performance

1 2

Our Take on the 2002 Hyundai XG350

When the 2002 XG350 sedan was introduced last fall, even the Koreans wondered whether America was ready for a $25,000 Hyundai. After all, U.S. buyers were more accustomed to cheap and cheap-feeling products from this part of Asia. Now, the answer to that question appears to be "yes."

With the prices of Japanese-brand near-luxury sedans rapidly escalating into the 30s, the XG350 is looking pretty tempting -- especially when you consider how much standard equipment is bundled into that price. As good as the 2002 edition is, however, the XG350 still needs some additional refinement.

He: Let me say right out in front that if I'm spending $25,000 of my own money on a new mid-size sedan, my preference is... Read More