2004 Infiniti G 35

Poor Mans Beemer

by from Ft Myers, FL on October 25, 2011

After carefully test driving the BMW 3 series, Audi A4, and the Acura TSX I finally came to the conclusion that the G35x Sedan was the best bang for my buck. I purchased an '04 fully loaded with the Bose 6-in-dash CD system, heated seats, AWD, rear reclining seats, & pop up navigation. The styling of the car was exactly what I was looking for; luxury with the spice of sport. The rear spoiler really adds character to the car and the front halogen headlights give the car the luxury aggressive styling you come to love. The interior of the car isn't breath taking, but not the worst Ive seen. Wasn't really a fan of the orange back light, but all in all the interior wasn't all that bad. Once you step on the gas you cant help, but feel you should be taking this car out on the highway. The engine in this car had the most horse power in its class. With the AWD on, your tires feel like they are one with the road. For an entry level car this car has plenty of space for 5 passengers. Even though I am 6'3" I felt more then comfortable in the passenger seat. Starting the car up is so smooth. The engine is loud, however, but its not over bearing. I rated this car a 5 out of 5 because you get all the sports feel of a luxury car that used to only be found in BMW. I have only had to change oil, brakes, and around the 90k mark I replaced the belts & spark plugs. All in all the car runs great and I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a sporty luxury machine.

Best Car Out There

by from on July 16, 2010

Great low maintenance car. Always fires up and is a real sporty and comfy car to own. If looking at a Infiniti G35 look at 2004 and up. 2003 model had a TON of issues.

I love the g35!!!

by from Colorado Springs, CO on February 27, 2013

I was looking for a g35 for a pretty long time and when I finally came across the 04 that I purchased for less then 16k and with only 50k miles I was in heaven. I love everything about the car besides the gas milage but you can't really complain about that because it is a sports car. I have put a little over 5k miles on it and haven't had any issues yet. This car is simple perfect for me and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an entry level sports coupe.

Great buy

by from Baltimore, MD on March 28, 2012

This car looks great inside and out. Is comfortable enough for a near lexury feel, while maintaining a good connection to the road so that you don't feel too isolated. Great power and control when you want it, but drives nicely at low speeds too. So far, it has been very reliable. The only disadvantage is the very poor gas mileage. I have averaged about 18 mpg.

Fast, price & comfort all in one

by from Durham NC on November 24, 2008

I've owned my G35x sedan since it was new. After 4 years and 40k miles I still love this car. Pro's: the V6 has tons of punch, the AWD helps you stick to the corners in rain or snow, the styling is timeless and sporty especially if you have the Aero package. The interior is comfortable and the seats have great bolsters for spirited driving. Con's: The brakes, or really the brake pads. Infinity installed super soft pads that provide great braking but sacrifice brake dust and longevity. I swapped out my OEM pads for some Hawk HPS pads and the problem is now fixed. Great value for the money, and I know because I've owned a Lexas IS250, and BMW 330xi. No major repairs in 4 years of ownership just oil changes and regular maint.

It's a dream car with a sports car mentality

by from NY on March 1, 2011

This is my second G35. First one was totalled in an accident (speed was not involved)... Car took the hit and kept us safe. I went out and got another g35 only this was a 2004. Bought the 2004 as a 4 year old car... It was mint and the dealer was superb (Massapequa Infinity). Car is smooth riding yet has sportscar handling. Gas milage is 18 - 22 and if tank is 1/4 full, you can get 24mpg on the highway. this is amazing for a car with so much horsepower. Third brake light went bad, and that has been the only issue I had to pay for ($300 or so)... Axle needed to have bearings fixed (57000 miles on car) and the dealer covered it.... I would buy this car again in a heartbeat.... Love all Nissan products as the company is reliable and truthful.... Tried to get my Honda Odessey covered under a warranty for the transmission issues they have (2001) and they told me that since the car was made in Canada, I am not covered. Imagine that ! So, hello Nissan / Infinity.

So Close to Perfect

by from Spartanburg, SC on June 21, 2011

I bought a 2004 Coupe 5 months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed the car. The styling is great, and I have had people ask if the car was new, only to be surprised when I tell them it is 7 years old now. This is one of those cars whose styling will last the test of time. The steering is really precise and quick, and gives lots of feedback. The engine note is fantastic, and the car is really quick. The ride is the perfect mix between comfort and stiffness which gives you great handling without breaking your back. The seats are also great. Comfortable and supportive. There are a few small things that you may not like. The interior plastic can creak and rattle when going over rough roads, and when you put the seat back after letting someone in or out of the back seat, it doesn't recline back to the position it was before. My window motor recently decided to die, which seems to be a common problem with these cars, but other than that it has been perfectly reliable. Gas mileage isn't the greatest, but you don't buy a car like this to get great MPG. When all of my dislikes are just little imperfections, you know you're talking about a great car. I look forward to driving it everyday and it is a blast to take on some spirited driving. When compared to a BMW in the same price range, it is a bargain.

Love the G

by from on May 26, 2010

It's the fastest and the most thrilling car I've owned. The way the car handles while on the highway, while turning, is just spectacular.

Best in class

by from Delaware on October 10, 2013

The car has been great to me so far. My only two complaints. Around town mpg is terrible. And I am 6'3 and I am a tall for this car. But other wise it's fast, reliable and very enjoyable.

Awesome Car

by from Atlanta, GA on August 26, 2014

I purchased this car as a second car as I also have a Toyota 4 Runner, because of gas mileage. I purchased this car used from a one owner which only had 64K on it, the prior owner took very good care of it, now as the 2nd owner of this car I love the way it handles, very stylish, the ride and handling is Awesome, the only thing is if you step on the gas the gas mileage goes down, other than that the car is very fast and a head turner, Love it.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Infiniti G 35