1998 Infiniti Q45 Consumer Reviews

1998 Infiniti Q 45
Average based on 7 reviews

BEST ROAD CAR FOR A SMOOTH RIDE

by from ST. LOUIS MO. on January 3, 2010

WE HAVE OWNED THIS VEHICLE SINCE 1998 AND IT STILL DRIVES AS SMOOTHH AS ID DID ON DAY ONE. tHE FEELING IS LIKE BEING IN A NEW CAR EVERY TIME WE GO SOMEWHERE. THIS IS AN ECXEPTIONAL VEHICLE.

Reliable luxury for ten years!

by from Londonderry, NH on May 31, 2011

I have owned my 1998 Q45 for nearly ten years. It had 62k miles when I bought it and now it has 165k. It's never had an oil or transmission leak and never had an electrical problem. I've done brakes, front springs, knock sensors and MAF. That's it. It still runs like it has another 100k left in the motor. I've wanted a new car for over a year, but every time I drive a BMW, Lexus or others, while some are nicer, I still end up feeling like my Q is as good for a fraction of the price.

Most inexpensive car I've ever owned

by from Ocean, NJ on July 27, 2011

Think about it! Bought it in 2000 used, 2 years old, with 65,000 miles for the reasonable price of $16,000.00. looked like a brand new car out of the show room from an Infinity dealer here in NJ. Never had any trouble or put any money into it. Still working as good as when I bought it. chances are I will get another 30 or 40K miles out of it in the next 3 or 4 years with no troubles, and will be doing it in luxury, listening to the best Bose sound system I've ever heard, without interruptions, and.... in style!. How can you beat that after 12 years of reliability!

Q45 is a great understated car.

by from Naperville, IL on May 18, 2006

Perfect luxury car with excellent reliability. It is fully loaded car with decent price. Infiniti quality is better than Lexus.

best of the best

by from Manassas, VA on June 25, 2012

I own a 1999 Q45 and LOVE this car. It's my second Infinit( had a J30 ) and always hope to drive Infiniti. Excellent cars and worth every penny

I liked this car so much I bought a second one.

by from Rochester, NY on February 18, 2013

I bought a 1998 Q45 in 2007 with 78K miles and drove it 100K miles in five years. I broke down the cost per year and it was cheaper to own than my last Corolla. I'm about to pick up a clone of this car, and this time I'm getting it for $6K with only 54K miles on it. The car rides great...just the right mix of road feel without being too stiff. The steering feels right, the power when hitting the gas is very entertaining. Considering this car was $50K now and if you look hard enough can get a low mileage Q45 for less than $7K....you can find no better buy. I've seen Sentras and Corollas going for more and they are just little buzzy cars.

Awesome

by from NC on June 7, 2015

Best car I ever owned! No mechanical problems EVER! Changed oil, tires, brakes and belts only! No idea why Infiniti quit making them?