2005 QX56

2005 INFINITI QX56

2005 INFINITI QX56

4.4

Have You Driven the 2005 INFINITI QX56?

Beautiful vehicle, but with a little truck jitter

by Tim W from San Diego, CA on Tue Aug 22 2006

We owned a Yukon before we purchased the QX56 and had considered the Escalade and LX450 when we bought it. While the overall vehicle has been very good, and the ride also very good, it still has some jitters and noise on the highway that were not experienced in the other vehicles. Most of the time, the QX56 has felt very smooth on the road and has been extremely comfortable on long hauls to Mammoth. So for 'Comfort' above, I gave it 5 stars with this caveat; at times, the ride and feel on the freeway can feel a bit jittery and at times inferior to the ride we experienced with the Yukon. Similar comment goes for the rating on Interior Design - we love the inside of the QX56, the second row of seats is limosine-like, the split A/C control in the front is terrific, good cubby holes and shelves on the sides, but one item - if you do use your SUV to haul stuff from Home Depot on the weekends, the interior of our QX56 has not fared as well as the inside of the Yukon did. Yukon had hard plastic sides in the rear, while the QX56 has leather/leatherette sides; beautiful finish but the inside finishes of the QX56 have suffered slightly from this normal usage. Navigation System - while the Infiniti nav-system 'joystick' used to enter a destination eliminates the finger smudges on the screen, we prefer the entry system for the Lexus nav-system on our small car. Handling - this is a big vehicle. It is not as big as a Yukon XL/Suburban, but my wife loved driving our Yukon before and now finds the QX56 sometimes a bit intimidating. Same width, and the extra 8 inches in the wheelbase and length doesn't sound like much, but for some reason seems very noticable, and you feel the difference in turning radius.

Most comfortable car I ever droven

by Hard working mother of two from Manhattan Beach, California on Mon Nov 20 2006

After test driving this vechile I had to have it. It is the most comfortable car I ever drove. All the standard features was amazing. My kids can now ride comfortably and enjoy a movie on their way to school.

Better than a Suburban

by X GM owner from Tampa on Wed Mar 21 2007

We owned the 2001 LT Suburban, and can not believe the difference in our QX56. I can not think of one thing that I liked more in the Suburban than the QX. Why is their not more QX's on the street??

Great Value!

by QX Happy Camper from Northern Virginia on Sun Apr 08 2007

I shopped X5 and Navigator for comparison and they didn't come close. At over 50,000 miles, this has been a wonderful ride! Navigation is intuitive, comfort features abound, interior has been thoughtfully designed for driver and passenger comfort. Fold the two rear rows of seats down and there's room for an orchestra AND the third row stows in the QX' floor, not in the corner of your garage. Infiniti service has been top notch. Go drive one -- you'll love it!

THERE IS NO EQUALS AMONGST THE SUV

by MANNY from Inglewood CA on Wed Mar 14 2012

My family owned a brand new Q56 since 2008, its an amazing car to drive, its like a room in a car with all the comfort that comes with it. We cannot trade it for anything else. We traded Toyota Sequar in 2008 to get the Q56, In fact we were so care=ing for this car that we only take it to church on Sunday and on family vacation. We love it, you have it to understand what we are talking about. GREAT CAR Q56.

245k and still strong

by chris from on Fri Sep 15 2017

Great truck 245k on her and still going my only complaint is the interior is lacking for an Infiniti other then that if it were updated it would be better then the brand new QX80 I bought.

The best truck I have ever owned hands down reliab

by TonyC from sherman oaks on Tue Aug 01 2017

The power and quickness of the truck is amazing lots of room for kids and adults for long road trip and daily driver.

RUUUNN!!!! Or get a loong warranty!!!

by Trav from Virginia on Tue Dec 06 2011

Was looking for a nice SUV for the family that my wife could drive, and also a vehicle for me to drive in as well. Did my research on this vehicle and seen that it had good ratings. Never again! I have only had this car for over a year and have been trying to fix the way it rides still! Fixed almost everything on the sunspecion, shocks, coils springs, air suspension, tires, differential, axle shaft and she still sits low and rides rough. Very nice vehicle with plenty of bells and whistles, but you will be replacing those bells and whistles. This is the first large SUV from Infiniti and Nissan and they had to work out the bugs.....NOTICE that the newer models have air ride suspension to avoid the horrible ride. I have only owned this car for a little over a year and will be trading it in very soon! Even though, I will be losing a lot of money on it!

Does not recommend this car!!

Just for me

by Money from Maryland on Mon Apr 02 2012

I've shopped around from north to south and couldn't find what I was looking for until I took a look on cars.com. My QX56 is spacious, comfortable, and reliable. This SUV is in excellent condition. Thanks cars.com.

Best car I?ve owned

by Roy from Calgary on Thu Jul 05 2018

This veacle has been with me for a while and has some problems that still haven?t had a recall and it?s giving me tough time

Does not recommend this car!!