2011 QX56

4.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.1 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best large SUV PERIOD....

by TulsabigE from Tulsa, Ok on June 18, 2011

We have owned many full size SUV's in the past 15 years, Navigator, Lexus, Infiniti and the 2011 Infinity QX56 is by far the best we have purchased. Whether it's luxury, tech toys, ride, comfort, convenience, saftey or towing, this SUV is at the head of the class in almost all respects. My wife and I each had 2008 QX56's...I got the new 2011 first (Tech pkg. Blk on Blk 4WD), talk about jealousy and rightly so. Best improvements from old to new QX....A/C, noise, ride, shifting, fit & finish, seats, legroom, headroom, styling, horsepower and fuel economy. Voice commands and NAVI are the best I've used, quite intuitive. It's like stepping into the cabin of a private jet....awesome!

Best bang for the buck in the luxury class of SUVs

by In love with my 2011 QX56! from Atlanta, GA on March 31, 2011

We almost purchased a 2010 last year and I am so glad we waited for the new model before doing so. First off, this truck handles like a car. Secondly, you feel like you're in some futuristic space shuttle, everything is decked out, the entertainment system is unbelievable, and makes you (and your kids) feel like they're in a movie theater. Third, the gas mileage is not bad on the highway if you don't drive like a knucklehead, despite reports to the contrary. I'm averaging close to 20mpg - but then again, you don't buy this vehicle if you're scrounging pennies. Finally, my friends and family love taking trips in this truck. Everything is first rate, from the design to the drivability. I also love watching people turn their heads when I drive by. IMO, Infiniti manufactured a masterpiece with the 2011 model. And now we want another!

Great Vehicle if you want a full size SUV

by SUV from Michigan on April 21, 2011

Exterior styling is polarizing but interior, by almost all accounts, is one of the best in the segment. Rides beautifully with impressive acceleration. Highway gas mileage is 20 mpg observed at around 70-72 mph. Unique, which is nice if you don't like passing your car every 2 minutes. IMO, far better option than the Escalade, Benz or Lexus.

Luxury Luxury Luxury!

by Beignets from Columbus, GA on June 11, 2012

I absolutely love this SUV! I had a midsize SUV, but my husband wanted a "full size" SUV. After shopping around what felt like BUSES, I fell in love with the QX! I use the panoramic camera EVERY time I drive it ?makes it NOT feel so BIG. And compared to my mid-size SUV, it drives like a dream! If I could find ANYTHING bad to say about the QX ...I know this might seem minor ?but the ONLY thing I could possibly complain of, is the shiny chrome-like trim on the center console can be blinding on a sunny day. Otherwise, put on some shades & enjoy the comfort & luxury of this beautiful SUV!

Infiniti does it again

by SUV Enthusiast from Milwaukee WI on April 14, 2012

The most important thing anyone can do before buying a car is research. I do a tremendous amount, and have landed my third infiniti SUV. First was the 2001 QX4, 2nd was a 2007 QX56 now just bought a used 2011 QX56 - theater pckg / deluxe touring pckg (saved $14K). By far the best value on the market, it drives like a dream. Comfort is outstanding - best in class. I kept reading the quote of like flying in a private jet - well it really is. If your into Technololgy - this is the SUV for you - love my blue tooth Ipod wireless hook up - voice recognition is great also. Towing is important to me and 8,500 lbs..great ! If you can swing it the 22" rims are awesome - the looks I get when I drive it are numerous. I also read a lot about the outside look of the SUV - the side vents, the back end etc.... - well if you want to look like every other car out there then this is NOT the the SUV for you - I enjoy the uniqueness of it - I think the whole SUV looks really good. I look forward to my 4th Infiniti SUV purchase in the near future !

Great vehicle

by Infiniti fan from on April 10, 2012

This vehicle is incredible. Plush interior, great ride and high tech. Absolutely love it. Best car I've ever driven.

Excellent car, not many on the road.

by Antygrvity from Manassas, Va on May 6, 2017

Beautiful car, some think it's too bulky looking or looks like a bus. Regardless, you will turn heads. If you get the 2011 model, make sure to check the VIN to be sure there's not a recall on the timing chain. If there is, get it down ASAP. Once that's done, they will drive forever. I now have 125,000 miles on her & she drives like a dream. Could do better on gas, but love the car none the less.

Infinity affinity

by JWB from St. Louis, MO on June 27, 2013

I will preface this review by stating that I have owned 4 GMC Yukon Denali's in a row, and loved the balance of luxury and power they provided. However, I grew fond of the new styling of the 2011QX56 when they deviated from the Armada platform. It is polarizing...you love it or hate it. But I really liked the astetics. So here I am. Proud new owner. 22" wheels (and the ride is still quite soft, don't listen to critics), rear entertainment, all the upgrades except the saftety technology package. Interior is extremely comfortable and inviting...there is no detail missing. The only reason I gave the interior 4 stars...whether or not this is the best rating category...is for two simple reasons: 1) There is no remote start available until 2013 model. Huh?? Oops...someone at Infinity have a bad day? lol Also, the DVD player is NOT user friendly for the driver when trying to replay a move for the kiddies in back...who are just a hair too young to operate the remote. I just default to manually ejecting the disc and re-inserting for the auto play to kick in. Otherwise...im in love with the vehicle. As a final note...I did upgrade the remote start to the aftermarket system that uses an iPhone app that you can start your vehicle from anywhere. And also added the module that allows you to watch movies on the navigation screen while the vehicle is driving. No no...not for me. For any front passengers I have. Bottom line...if you love the exterior styling...this vehicle does not disappoint in any way except the remote start!

Much more luxurious that the prior body style.

by 2nd time QX56 owner from Des Moines, IA on April 13, 2015

The new body style is much nicer that the old one when it comes to extra options & styling. I've moved from an '06 to the '11 and really glad I did. That is on the plus side. On the minus side, I'm very un-happy with the warranty department. My '11 was 81 DAYS out of warranty, however 12,000 miles UNDER for warranty and they would not replace a ballast for a burned out headlight that leaked from the factory! I do like the Infiniti line-up and my local dealership, however the company isn't shy about NOT standing behind their product! Great vehicle, just don't expect Infiniti to help you with the problems.

Car is reliable after massive repairs.

by Antygrvity from Manassas, VA on May 1, 2017

Now that my car has been repaired, this is a very, very reliable car. Very comfortable w/ a sleek design & not many of these on the road. Anyone purchasing the 2011 version of this vehicle , contact Infinity ASAP, provide the VIN & make sure there is no recall on the timing chain. If there is a recall, get it fixed ASAP. It will save you lots of headaches & possibly loads of money in the future..

1 2 3 4