1996 Vanden Plas

1996 Jaguar Vanden Plas

4.5

4.5 out of 5 starsExterior Styling

Very smooth fast and beautiful inside and out

by BlackCat23 from pleasanton.ca on March 28, 2010

My grandpa owned this car since it came out..I am 19 he gave it to me last year..its a smooth ride..It picks up speed really fast..My brother has a 2007 Chrysler 300..and the Jag is WAAAAAY SMoother,faster, and performs a lot better. Im grateful i have this car..It turns a lot of heads espically after a nice wash. The seats inside are amazing soft.. espically the back seats.. This car seems like it was designed to chauffeur people around due to the table popout from the driver and passenger seat. It's also a big car and very roomy. The Jag does eat up a lot of gas but its fine still..I love this car a lot and hope it never breaks down on me..I'm at 113k Miles and hope it can push to 200k! w00t!

Elegance, Style, Workhorse

by 3JagMatt from Merced, CA on December 14, 2017

I have owned this vehicle for 20 years and it is just as reliable and sturdy as the day I got it. Never once have I had a mechanical problem, or even a concern with it. It has the most incredibly comfortable ride w/ more leg room than a 7ft person would need. It's responsive, aggressive, classy and prominent. I would recommend this car for any usage situation. Easiest car in the world to drive. Probably the safest too. It (as well as all Jag xj's) uses Premium Unleaded gas and would benefit from an added octane booster supplement, but isn't required one.